Makenas Hills Mukutan Conservancy Laikipia | Makena Hills Resort | Makena’s Hills Lodge Prices | Makena’s Hills Tented Camp | Makena’s Hills Laikipia County | Makenas’ Hills Luxury Camp | Makena’s Hills Camp Rates| Makena’s Hills Center of Origin | Makena’s Hills Tented Lodge | Makena’s Hills Nanyuki | Makenas Hills | Laikipia Nature Conservancy | Booking for Makena’s Hills | Gallmann Memorial Foundation | Mukutan Retreat | Gallmann Mukutan Conservancy | Laikipia Accommodation
Makenas Hills is a tented lodge situated in Mukutan Conservancy, on the extreme west of 100,000-acre Laikipia Nature Conservancy, on the very edge of the Great Rift Valley overlooking Lake Baringo.
Mukutan Conservancy is 1 hour from Nairobi by air (there is a private airstrip for charter flights, or scheduled flights operate to Loisaba or Laikipia). It is 4 hours from Nairobi by road and 2.5 Hours from Nakuru or Baringo.
The lodge is a private paradise and home to Kuki Gallman a conservationist and author. Makenas Hills is the location where the film “I Dreamed of Africa’ was shot and Kuki Gallmann’s daughter married.
Makenas Hills is a stunning partially tented lodge with six enormous Arabic desert style tents fitted with either two queen size beds or a four-poster double bed. Attached is a spacious dressing room/ bathroom and private verandah and private massage bed.
The central area with its 240-degree views over the rift valley and Laikipia escarpment has two fireplaces and a combined study, reading and dining area, producing a huge amount of space for guests to relax in.
The many notable facilities in the lodge among them, a superb rock swimming pool with an island, a central reception area with two giant fireplaces, front terrace with a camp fire, dining room, bar, shop and quality organic food is served.
At Makena there is a broad range of wildlife including elephant, black rhino, colobus monkey, the largest population of Cape Buffalo, eland, waterbuck, lion, leopard, cheetah and over 470 species of birds.
Makenas Hills tented lodge activities include: holistic and creative retreats organized, private Yoga tuition on request, guided walks, explore the Englesha Forest or the Mukutan Gorge and wildlife hides overlooking the dam perfect for a picnic whilst waiting for game.
Additional activities include sundowners, bush breakfasts or dinners, birding, fishing, community visits and longer walking safaris with a fly camp into little-explored areas and to visit the remote.
Makenas Hills Mukutan Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Room Prices
Makenas Hills Mukutan Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices include: Game drives + Airstrip transfers + Waterfall Excursion + Fishing and guided walks + Full board accommodation + Picnics + Sundowners and Gallmann Memorial Foundation activities + Hot Springs (Depended on the weather) & Game Drives
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
|Child Aged Below
12 Years Sharing
|Exclusive Use Of
Lodge On Full Board
|1st January 2021||31st December 2021||550 US Dollars||900 US Dollars||200 US Dollars||3,400 US Dollars|
* 2 nights minimum stay
* Christmas Bookings – minimum 5 days
* Check-out time is 10.30am. However a late departure can be arranged
* Late check-out after lunch is charged at 100 US Dollars per person which includes lunch and activities
* Unless guests have own insurance, all visitors are requested to be covered with Flying Doctors Insurance
* Accommodation at the Banda full board – 80 Us Dollars Person per night and Child 6-12 sharing – 60 Us Dollars
* Flight or road transport from Nairobi to Laikipia can be arranged by African Spice Safaris. As flight rates are subject to change
* Prices at the Bandas exclude guide fees – Game drive or walk with the client’s own 4WD car and a local guide – 20 Us Dollars, with an experienced silver guide 45 Us Dollars and with the lodge safari car and Guide 70 Us Dollars
Makenas Hills Mukutan Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices Exclude:
* Tree Planting
* Bush Dinner – 85 Us Dollars per person
* Cultural visits are 50 US Dollars per person per visit
* Soft drinks, water, beers and local spirits + spirits and special wines and champagne
* Conservancy Fees 75 US Dollars per person per night and Child Under 12 Years 30 US Dollars