Mara Mara Tented Lodge Serengeti National Park
Mara Mara Tented Lodge Serengeti National Park is a luxury safari accommodation located in North Serengeti(Mara Triangle area) close to the river Mara in the Kogatende Area. Situated in the heart of the Migration from June to November with an extraordinary diversity of wildlife. Depending on the location of the camp, the travel time by road could be between 5 – 10 hours from Arusha. Flying time takes about 50 minutes.
The nearest airport it’s Kogatende, 10 minutes from the camp. Mara Mara Tented Lodge has one of Serengeti’s most coveted locations. Just a short drive takes you from the serenity of camp to the exciting drama of the annual Wildebeest Migration’s most anticipated chapter: the river crossings.
Arriving around June – but sometimes sooner or later, depending on regional rainfall – the wildebeest herds have to cross the rivers in order to reach the Masai Mara on the other side; giant crocodiles have been waiting patiently and the result is nature at its most heart-stopping.
Mara Mara Tented Lodge Serengeti National Park consists of 16 tents with en suite facilities, including family rooms. The tents are built on raised wood platforms with a private terrace overlooking the savannah. There is a choice of beds, a king-size bed or two single.
The bedrooms have a bathroom with a bathtub and an outdoor shower. The family tent consists of two interconnected tents. The bungalow rooms consist of two interconnected rooms. Mara Mara Tented Lodge is divided into two camps, north and south. Guests at each of the two camps will use the Main House which includes lounges, a restaurant, a view deck, and a swimming pool.
Each camp has two main areas where the dining room is situated and the lounge with comfortable sofas. The premises include a swimming pool in each camp. Every evening a campfire is lit and guests can enjoy the sunset with drinks and appetizers. Weather permitting dinner will be served outside under the stars.
It has been designed and decorated in a modern African style that creates a fresh and light ambiance, very welcoming but with a touch of luxury. Guests can observe the Great Migration from the comfort of their tents.
Activities at Mara Mara Tented Lodge include; Game Drives, Hot Air Balloon Safaris, Walking safaris, Swimming, witnessing the Migration at Serengeti National Park, visiting ethnic groups, Birding, Bush Meals & drinks, Nature walks, etc.
Mara Mara Tented Lodge Serengeti National Park Accommodation Rates
Mara Mara Tented Lodge Serengeti National Park Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on a full board basis (3 meals per day) + Drinking water, Tea & Coffee & Other drinks (water & soft drinks, local beers, and house wines)
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||420 US Dollars||570 US Dollars||720 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||850 US Dollars||1,140 US Dollars||
1,450 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|30th Nov 2023||420 US Dollars||570 US Dollars||720 US Dollars|
|1st Dec 2023||31st Dec 2023||850 US Dollars||1,140 US Dollars||
1,450 US Dollars
* Birthday cake – 35 US Dollars
* Hamper lunch (equipment to be provided by the operator) – 20 US Dollars per person
* Extra meals – 15 US Dollars for picnic lunch, 20 US Dollars for lunch, and 20 US Dollars for dinner per person
* Exclusive use of safari vehicle with a guide, maximum 6 travelers (minimum 3 days) – 310 US Dollars per day minimum 3 days booking is required
* Children under 3 years – Complimentary
* Children in family rooms – Rate according to the room configuration
* Children aged (3 to 16 years) sharing with one adult – Double Room Sharing rate
* Children aged (3 to 16 years) sharing with two adults – 50% discount on the adult sharing rate
* Children aged (3 to 16 years ) occupying their own room – 25% discount on the adult sharing rate, based on the occupancy rate
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Game drives
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* National Park entry fees
* All transfers to the Lodge
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance
* Alcoholic and beverage drinks (sodas, wines, champagne, spirits, local beers)
* Special Camping fees (Conservation Fees) – 71 US Dollars per adult per night & 11.8 US Dollars per child (2-15.99 years) per night, VAT inclusive. These fees can be changed at any time by Serengeti National Park