Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp Serengeti Tanzania | Mara Under Canvas Room Prices | Mara Under Canvas Accommodation Rates | Mobile Camp in Serengeti | Serengeti National Park Hotels | Serengeti National Park Tanzania Accommodation | Serengeti Tanzania Safari Lodge | Serengeti Luxury Hotels | Serengeti Budget Camps | Serengeti Campsites | Where to Stay in Serengeti National Park | Luxury Hotels in Serengeti National Park | Serengeti Hotels Lodges Camps Tanzania
Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp is a luxury temporary camp opened from June to November and is located along the River Mara in the Northern Serengeti. Situated in the Mara Triangle area, in the Serengeti National Park.
The mobile camp has two different locations during the year depending on the movements of the Migration, allowing guests to be close to the Migration. Depending on the location of the camp, the travel time by road could be between 5 – 10 hours from Arusha. Flying time takes about 50 minutes. The nearest airport it’s Kogatende, 10 minutes from the camp.
The mobile camp has two different locations during the year depending on the movements of the Migration, allowing guests to be close to the Migration. From December to March the camp is situated on the south plains and is known as Masek Under Canvas.
From June to July on the east corridor and August to November in the north offering guests the best possible experience of a traditional mobile safari camp. Nevertheless, the final location of the camp is determined by the movements of the Migration.
Mara Under Canvas is the closest camp to the river Mara where each year enormous columns of wildebeest cross the river, negotiating the jaws of the hungry crocodiles, in order to get to the pastures on the other side in what could be considered the climax of the Great Migration.
There are 10 Tents and 1 family tent, situated at ground level with a private porch. There is a choice of one double bed or two twin beds. The rooms have a bathroom with a bucket shower. The family tent consists of two interconnected tents. Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp features a dining tent, living tent, Flush toilet, Bucket shower, and fireplace for a campfire.
The camp allows visitors to be in the proximity of the Great Migration and to be able to explore remote areas and the beautiful settings of Serengeti with a large amount of resident fauna. The camp has only ten double tents and a family tent which assures the intimacy and exclusivity of this intense experience.
Activities at Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp Serengeti Tanzania include; Game Drives, Hot Air Balloon Safari, Walking safaris, witnessing the Migration at Serengeti National Park, visiting ethnic groups, Birding, Bush Meals & drinks, Nature walks, etc.
Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp Serengeti Tanzania Accommodation Rates
Mara Under Canvas Tented Camp Serengeti Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on a full board basis (3 meals per day + Tea & Coffee & on-top drinks (water & soft drinks, local beers, and house wine)
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2022
|31st May 2022||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jun 2022||30th Nov 2022||570 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||
1,050 US Dollars
1st Dec 2022
|31st Dec 2022||Closed||Closed||
Exclusive Use of the Camp
|Dates From||Dates To||
Per camp up to 11 tents– maximum 24 guests (10 doubles tents and 1 family tent, caters for 2 adults and 2 children)
1st Jan 2022
|31st May 2022||Closed|
|1st Jun 2022||30th Nov 2022||
8,500 US Dollars
1st Dec 2022
|31st Dec 2022||
* Birthday cake – 35 US Dollars
* Hamper lunch (equipment to be provided by the operator) – 20 US Dollars per person
* Extra meals – 15 US Dollars picnic lunch, 20 US Dollars lunch, 20 US Dollars dinner per person
* Exclusive use of safari vehicle with a guide, maximum 6 travelers (minimum 3 days) – 310 US Dollars per day minimum 3 days booking is required
* Children under 3 years – Complimentary
* Children in family rooms – Rate according to the room configuration
* Children aged (3 to 16 years) sharing with one adult – Double Room Sharing rate
* Children aged (3 to 16 years) sharing with two adults – 50% discount on the adult sharing rate
* Children aged (3 to 16 years ) occupying their own room – 25% discount on the adult sharing rate, based on the occupancy rate
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Game drives
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* National Park entry fees
* All transfers to the Lodge
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance
* Premium drinks (wines, champagne, spirits)
* Special Camping fees (Conservation Fees) – 71 US Dollars per adult per night & 11.8 US Dollars per child (2-15.99 years) per night, VAT inclusive. These fees can be changed at any time by Serengeti National Park