Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Tanzania | Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Tanzania | Olpopongi Masai village Tanzania Day Tour | Arusha day tours | Day Tours and Trips in Tanzania | Arusha 1 Day Cultural Tour Olpopongi Maasai Cultural Village | Olpopongi Maasai Cultural Village Museum Moshi Tanzania | Olpopongi Maasai Cultural Village Museum | Maasai Village Olpopongi Tour Arusha Tour | Kilimanjaro Tour | 1 Day Maasai village Visit Tour Arusha Hotels near Olpopongi | Arusha Cultural tours Olpopongi Maasai Village |Cultural Tourism Tanzania | Arusha Day Tours | Arusha Safari Tours | Arusha Day Trips | Tanzania Day Trips | Tanzania Excursions and Cultural Tours | 1 Day Safari Olpopongi Maasai Village | Olpopongi Maasai Village Accommodation Moshi | Tinga Tinga
Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour is a Cultural Day excursion from Arusha to a Masai Cultural Village and Museum called “Olpopongi“.
This village is located in West-Kilimanjaro Maasai-land about 85 kilometers from Arusha and 74 kilometers from Moshi in Tanzania. Spend your day in the authentic Masai village and learn about the culture of the Masai and way of life.
Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Highlights
- Walking in the Masai territory
- Learn about the medicinal value of herbs
- Learn about traditional Masai hunting techniques
- Sample traditional foods consumed by the Masai
- Extensive Tour of the Masai Village Tour and museum
Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Itinerary
0800 Hours: Our Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour departs Arusha or Moshi and drive to west Kilimanjaro. The 1.5 Hours drive will takes you through the beautiful countryside of West Kilimanjaro.
Depending on the season you will see wild animals like zebras and elephants. On clear days you will have amazing views of Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru.
The Olpopongi Masai village involves more than 50 Masai women and men from the nearby Tinga-Tinga Masai-Village. This is the best place where you can see and experience the Masai culture and lifestyle.
All houses are built the traditional way with local and natural materials only – similar to those ones of the nearby Masai village. There are four English speaking Masai guides with whom you will spend a full day at Olpopongi touring the museum and village.
1000 Hours: Upon arrival you are welcomed by the local Masai with a traditional welcome song and dance. From there we take a walk around the village with the guides and also visit the precious little museum, where you will learn about the history, social organization and tools of Masai people.
1200 Hours: In-between this lecture a traditional Tanzanian lunch will be served to give you enough energy for an exciting afternoon.
1300 Hours: After lunch we visit the midwife and herbalist for a traditional tea in one of the huts. You will learn about the everyday life in a Masai village.
After this very spiritual meeting, we have a short break, which you can use for some traditional jewellery shopping or coffee and tea. You can buy authentic Masai souvenirs which are produced by the local Masai women.
After tea we embark on a bush walk to learn about the endemic plants and their usage for the Masai. Our day will be rounded up with a fire making session.
1700 Hours: Approximate driving time 1 hour from West Kilimanjaro till Moshi or Arusha.
1800 Hours: Arrive back at your residence.
Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Year Child|
|1st January 2017||31st December 2017||Request for rates||Request for rates|
- Overnight stays are available. Kindly request
- Suggested Items to Bring Camera, Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen, Caps/ hats and SPF lotion
- Your Olpopongi visit does also support local Masai families with water, food, employment, personal income, medical treatments and education
Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Rates Includes:
- Bottle Water
- Price per person
- Professional English Masai speaking guides
- Olpopongi village entry fees, service charge and taxes
- Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel
- Full Day Tour of the Masai Cultural Village and Museum called “Olpopongi village”
Masai Cultural Village Arusha Day Tour Rates Do Not Include:
- Tips or gratuity
- Travelers insurance
- Communication charges
- Minimum of 1 person required
- Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
- Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
- Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)