Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania
Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania is a semi-permanent camp spectacularly situated on the edge of Topi Hill Seronera where guests can enjoy a panoramic view of the endless plains of Serengeti and the majestic wonder of the Big Five.
The camp can be reached by road or by air. Arusha is 335 km away while Seronera Airstrip is approximately 5 km from the camp.
Serengeti National Park – is known for its massive annual migration of wildebeest and zebra. Seeking new pastures, the herds move north from their breeding grounds in the grassy southern plains. Many cross the marshy western corridor’s crocodile-infested Grumeti River.
The park is also renowned for its predators, especially its lions. Hunting alongside them is cheetahs, leopards, hyenas, jackals, and more. These feast on zebras, giraffes, buffaloes, Thomson’s and Grant’s gazelles, topis, elands, hartebeests, impalas, klipspringers, duikers and so many more. Serengeti is an incredible birdwatching destination also, with over 500 species.
Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania has 7 en-suite luxury tents with elevated wooden platforms. They include king-size beds fitted with mosquito nets, a sitting area, a study table, and a spacious bathroom with a claw-foot bathtub and shower.
Each deluxe tent in Malawi Serengeti Camp replicates the style and glamour of vintage Africa, with its wooden floors, polished bathtubs, its outstanding furniture. The camp combines the beautiful design of wooden platforms, textured fabrics, and clean lines with a true safari experience that embodies the heart and soul of the bush.
Activities available from Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania include; Game Drives, Camping, walking safaris, hiking, Balloon Safaris, Nature walks, visiting the Maasai, Bird Watching, Sundowners, etc. In the evening at the campfire, the most beautiful stories are told about the safaris of that day.
In a day’s drive, you can reach Moru Kopjes and the Maasai Kopjes with the rock paintings and N’gong Rocks to the south, Grumeti River and the Western corridor, Retima Hippo Pool and even the Lobo area to the north, or explore Turner Springs to the west if you have already scouted the Seronera region.
Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania Accommodation Rates
Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on a Full Board Basis (3 Meals Daily) + 18% Value Added Tax + Tourism Development Levy of 1.50 US Dollars per person per night & Laundry
|Dates To||Single Tent
1st Jun 2023
|31st Oct 2023||280 US Dollars||450 US Dollars||570 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||30th Nov 2023||200 US Dollars||350 US Dollars||
450 US Dollars
1st Dec 2023
|31st Mar 2024||280 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||660 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2024||31st May 2024||220 US Dollars||360 US Dollars||
510 US Dollars
1st Jun 2024
|31st Oct 2024||280 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||660 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2024||30th Nov 2024||220 US Dollars||360 US Dollars||
510 US Dollars
1st Dec 2024
|31st Mar 2025||280 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||
660 US Dollars
* The camp is open throughout the year
* Holiday Supplements: 24th, 25th 31 st December & 1st January 35 US Dollars per person per night will be charged
* Child aged 6 – 12 years (Occupying own tent) 75% of Adult Rate
* Children under 5 Years ( Sharing with 2 fully paid adults) No Charge
* Child aged 6 – 12 years (Sharing with 2 fully paid adults) 50% of Adult Rate
* Child aged 6 – 12 years (Sharing with 01 fully paid adult) 100% of Adult Rate
Additional Charges and Activities:
* Sundowner/ Bush Dinner – 80 US Dollars per person
* Full-day game drive – 4×4 land cruiser (excluding park entry fees) – 300 US Dollars per group/vehicle
* Full-day game drive – Open-based vehicle (excluding park entry fees) – 350 US Dollars per group/vehicle
Extra Casual Meals:
* Dinner – 25 per person
* Picnic Lunch – US Dollars per person
* Hot Lunch – 20 US Dollars per person
Matawi Serengeti Tented Camp Tanzania rates are exclusive of the following:
* Park Entry Fees
* Beverages (AI Supplement is 50 US Dollars per person)
* Game Drives, Night Game Drives & Walking Safaris
* Camping Fees (71 US Dollars per Adult & 11.80 US Dollars per Child)