Materuni Village Moshi Cultural Full Day Tour | Materuni waterfalls | Moshi tours | Tanzania tours | 1 Day Materuni Village Tour | Materuni Waterfalls Hike Moshi Tours | Arusha Day Tours | Day Tour Materuni Waterfalls Village | Materuni Village Cultural Tourism | Materuni Village Experience Full Day Tour | Hikes Around Moshi to Materuni Waterfalls Coffee Plantations | Materuni 1 Day Trip | Materuni Village Tours Moshi Tanzania | Materuni Cultural Tanzania Cultural Tourism | Moshi Materuni 1 Day Cultural Tour
Materuni Village Moshi Cultural Full Day Tour package begins at a central location in Moshi Town where guests and an English-speaking guide journey to Materuni Village.
Materuni Village is located in the northern part of Moshi town, 15 km from the town center. It is also the last village before entering the Kilimanjaro national park and sits approximately 1900 meters above sea level.
We begin the tour with a hike to the waterfall (approximately 40 minutes). Along the way, you will learn about local village life and different types of flora and fauna. Bring a swimsuit and towel so that you may enjoy a dip in the natural pool at the base of the falls.
Later we return back to the village and visit Mama Agnes at her campsite. Here we learn how to process coffee from the berry to the bean and later enjoy a cup of organic Materuni coffee. Local lunch (Chagga tribal food) will follow. You will even get to enjoy the famous Tanzanian rice/ pilau made with special spices and fruits from the village.
After lunch, you will learn the process of making the local popular Banana Beer special to the Kilimanjaro region. After you will take a short hike to the highest point of the village from where you will be able to have a 360° view of the entire region as well as a breath-taking view of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Later we transfer back to Moshi or Arusha. Materuni village is a beautifully lush area to visit on the outskirts of Moshi.
Materuni Village Moshi Cultural Full Day Tour | What to Do and See
* Guided village walks
* Bike tours in the village
* Chagga traditional dances
* Coffee process learning tour
* Visit a local primary schools
* Guided Hike to Materuni Waterfall
* Learning about how to brew banana beer
* Enjoying Traditional Chagga local food for lunch
* Optional Homestays and camping with a unique view of the Kilimanjaro
* Chance to taste homemade banana beer, which is quite popular in Tanzania
Materuni Village Moshi Cultural Full Day Tour Prices
Materuni Village Moshi Cultural Full Day Tour Rates Includes:
Walking stick + Price per person + Drinking water with lunch + Village development fund +Local lunch at Mama Agnes’ campsite + Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel + Trekking adventure to the foothills of Mount Meru to see the Materuni falls & Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
|Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 3 to 11.99 Years|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||
Request for rates
* Materuni Waterfall Hike & Coffee Experience (Full day)
* Children are most welcome on our tours. Children below 5 years are for free, for children between 5 and 12 we charge 75% of the adult price
We recommend that you bring the following items:
* Drinking water
* Sunscreen & Insect repellent, Camera, film, batteries
* Swimsuit (if you are interested in swimming at the waterfalls)
* Jackets/ Fleece for evenings, which can be cool at this altitude
* Comfortable clothes for the trek (consider layers as the climate can change from cool to warm)
* Tanzanian Shillings in small denominations (optional gift for the local villagers and to buy souvenirs)
* Good walking shoes (you will be hiking up the slopes of the mountain and the soil sometimes can be wet and slipper)
Materuni Village Moshi Cultural Full-Day Tour Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers Insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Visas, international airfares, and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)