Mdonya Old River Tented Camp Ruaha Tanzania
Mdonya Old River Tented Camp Ruaha Tanzania is a traditional luxury tented camp situated along the Mdonya sand river, in the heart of Ruaha National Park. The camp is in the western part of Ruaha National Park, just a few kilometers from the stunning Mdonya Falls and a one to two-hour drive from the airstrip.
There are daily flights with Coastal Aviation both from Dar es Salaam/Zanzibar as well as Serengeti. For Mdonya Old River Camp landing and taking off is from Msembe airstrip in Ruaha National Park.
Mdonya Old River Tented Camp Ruaha Tanzania rooms are basic Meru-style tents and all 11 of them are well spread out creating good privacy. Each has an extended bathroom with a shower under the stars. There is no electricity in the rooms but the lanterns and candles make for an even better African atmosphere.
During midday, you can even enjoy some peace and quiet from a deck chair on your veranda, and at night, the stars glisten above as the lack of light pollution allows for some breathtaking views. Each traditional safari tent is comfortably furnished, catering for solo travelers, couples, or families.
All the tents have ensuite bathrooms with a dressing room, open-roofed solar-heated shower, and separate flush toilets. Mdonya tents can be modified to host families, adding an extra tent room on the veranda.
The large verandahs are an ideal place for relaxing in between activities or simply enjoying the view of wildlife passing by. Alternatively, help yourself to complimentary tea or coffee in the lounge, browse through our selection of wildlife books, or make a purchase at our gift shop to support some of our community development or conservation activities.
The picturesque wilderness that the camp is located in attracts an abundant variety of wildlife and you need only sit in the camp with a book and a pair of binoculars to be amazingly rewarded. Impalas, zebras, giraffes, kudus, dik-dik, elephants, lions, leopards, and other animals are often seen around.
Mdonya Old River Tented Camp Ruaha Tanzania game drives are flexible and not limited by any schedule! Guests get a chance to see the breathtaking mosaic of ecosystems, from the river pools to the acacia grasslands and wooden forests.
There are Baobab valleys and sand rivers fringed with Hyphaene petersiana palms. Monolithic granite boulders dating from the formation of the Great Rift Valley and exposed by erosion litter the area. Enjoy every second of the beauty of Ruaha with Mdonya’s bush breakfasts, bush lunches, and sundowners, on an open game-viewing vehicle!
Mdonya Old River Tented Camp Ruaha Tanzania Accommodation Rates
Mdonya Old River Tented Camp Ruaha Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation(3 Meals) + Taxes (excluding Park Fees)
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||300 US Dollars||420 US Dollars||570 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||360 US Dollars||540 US Dollars||
730 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|20th Dec 2023||300 US Dollars||420 US Dollars||570 US Dollars|
|21st Dec 2023||9th Jan 2023||360 US Dollars||540 US Dollars||
730 US Dollars
10th Jan 2024
|15th Mar 2024||300 US Dollars||420 US Dollars||
570 US Dollars
* Game Package available on request
* Children from 6 to 16 years old 50% of adult rate when sharing with 2 adults
* Walking safari excluded at 55 US Dollars per person (minimum 2 guests – maximum 6 guests) Government fee
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Exclusive use of the vehicle
* International and domestic flights
* Travel insurance covering medical (mandatory)
* Gratuities to staff and items of a personal nature
* Soft drinks and beer, local and imported spirits and wines, champagne, cognacs, cigars, and cigarettes
* Emergency evacuation insurance with Flying Doctors: 15 US Dollars per person covers 14 days of safari
* Emergency evacuation insurance (if not included in the travel medical insurance ED can provide it through a third party)
* National Park Fees. Entry, concession, conservation, walking, fishing, and vehicle fees will be charged separately according to current rates at the time of booking
* Child rates apply between the ages of 6-16 years inclusive
* Children sharing with 2 adults are charged at the child rate
* Children aged 0-5 yrs not accepted at Mdonya Old River and Lake Manze Camp, for safety reasons
* Children sharing with 1 adult are charged at the adult rate for 1st child, and at the child rate for subsequent children
* For their safety, because of the proximity of wild animals in the camps, children younger than 16 must share with at least one adult aged 18 years or older
* Teenagers aged 16 or 17 years in their own tent are charged at the adult rate for 1st teenager and at the child rate for subsequent 16-17 years old teenagers