Mkombe's House Lamai Serengeti National Park
Mkombe’s House Lamai Serengeti National Park is a luxury self-contained bush home built around the rocks of the Kogakuria Kopje, northern Serengeti, with views out over the Mara River Valley and Lamai Wedge.
Mkombe’s House is an ideal base to witness the river crossings that take place between July and October, when the wildebeest plunge into the fast-flowing waters of the Mara River, many of them straight into the waiting jaws of crocodiles.
The house is designed specifically with little children in mind, as well as being a great place for groups of friends. The camp is usually accessed via 45 minutes road transfer from the Kogatende airstrip. Mkombe’s House was designed by Joanna Cooke who was also responsible for the award-winning Lamai Serengeti. Beautifully styled along the same lines, the house has a fresh, contemporary feel.
Mkombe’s House Lamai Serengeti National Park is entirely self-contained with four bedrooms, a dining room and lounge, a plunge pool and a larger swimming pool, and plenty of outside chill-out areas. There is a dedicated team of staff and an in-house chef. Wi-Fi is available in the main areas.
Mkombe’s House has two open-fronted double/twin rooms, each with a private verandah and en-suite bathroom. A further two bedrooms are smaller, secure, and enclosed, ideal for younger children, also with their own en-suite bathroom, these rooms can sleep three children comfortably.
Each day, meals are planned with the in-house chef, allowing for lots of flexibility and plenty of choices from a menu loaded with fresh produce, home baking, and delicious flavors. Picnic breakfasts or lunches and sundowners on the rocks can be arranged.
Activities available from Mkombe’s House Lamai Lodge include; game drives, safari walks, bush picnics, sundowners, game drives, short bushwalks, etc. Youngsters often enjoy clambering around on the rocks around the camps in search of lizards, hyrax, and other harmless creatures.
Mkombe's House Lamai Accommodation Rates
Exclusive Use of Mkombe’s House Lamai – Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation + Drinks (except Champagne and premium wines) + Laundry & Tourism Development Levy
Exclusive Camp Use – Full Board Accommodation Per Night
4 Rooms – Maximum 10 Guests
|Dates From||Dates To||Per Camp
(1 to 4 Guests)
1st Jun 2023
|31st Oct 2023||5,700 US Dollars||850 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||20th Dec 2023||2,500 US Dollars||
390 US Dollars
21st Dec 2023
|4th Jan 2024||5,700 US Dollars||850 US Dollars|
|5th Jan 2024||15th May 2024||2,500 US Dollars||
390 US Dollars
16th Jun 2024
|31st Oct 2024||5,700 US Dollars||850 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2024||20th Dec 2024||2,500 US Dollars||
390 US Dollars
21st Dec 2024
|4th Jan 2025||5,700 US Dollars||
850 US Dollars
* Nearest airstrip – Kogatende – 30 minutes drive away
* Minimum 2-night stay at Lamai Serengeti Nomad Camp
* Tanapa and NCAA park activity fees need to be added separately
* Private Camp Car & Guide – Per Vehicle per Day (Maximum 5 People) – 475 US Dollars
* NB; Game Drives, Walking, Bush meals & Sundowners are Only included when guests are using the camp vehicle
* Bush meals
* AMREF Evacuation Cover
* Serengeti National Park fees
* Transfers to the nearest airstrip
* Gratuities and shop purchases
* Champagne and premium wines
* Park entry, park overnight, and park activity fees
* Game Drives, Walking, Bush meals & Sundowners are Only included when guests are using the camp vehicle
National Park/ Conservation Area Fees
* Serengeti park fees- Adult 83 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 24 US Dollars
* Overnight FeesPer night – Adult 71 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 12 US Dollars
* Activity Park Fees Game Package Only – Both for Shared & Private (Per 24 hours) – Adult 14 US Dollars & Child 16 years – 10 US Dollars
Check-in – Check-out Time
* Rooms will be available from 1300hrs on the day of arrival. Early check-in will be subject to the manager’s discretion on the day of arrival
* Rooms must be vacated by 1000hrs. Clients wishing to keep their rooms for longer will be charged 75% of the room rate in the High Season and 50% in the Low Season
Children Rates & Policy
* The minimum age is 8 years to 21 years
* Child park entry and camping/concession fees apply to up to 16 years
* Children aged 12 years and under must share a room or family tent/room with an adult
* Children under 12 years are not permitted to walk, chimp, or fly camp due to safety reasons
* A child occupying a single room will be charged at the full adult rate plus a single supplement
Family Rooms & Triple – Family rooms sleep 2 Adults and 2 Children
* The camp can accommodate up to two triples in each camp – the third bed in a room is suitable for up to 16 years only and we do not allow 3 adults in a triple