Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Half Day Boat Trip | Funzi Island Half Day Tour | Funzi Island Day Tour | Funzi Island Mombasa Half Day Tour | Funzi Island Half Day Excursion | River Ramisi Guided Boat Trip | Mombasa Half Day Tours | Diani Beach Half Day Tours
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island half day boat trip is a 5 hour day safari from Diani, Mombasa Island, North Coast or South Coast. Enjoy a boat ride along River Ramisi as you sail to Funzi Island.
The trip starts by a pick-up from your hotel followed by a transferred to Bodo for the day trip. The ride takes you through amazing mangroves and meandering estuary of the Ramisi River that is home of crocodiles and rare beautiful birds. In the river you can spot crocodiles plus other marine life.
The Ramisi River is fed by springs in nearby Shimba Hills and empties into Funzi Bay. It is home to the Nile crocodiles. Nile crocodiles can grow up to 6 meters in length and 700 kg’s in weight and attain an age of 45 years in the wild.
A stop at the Sandbank across the bay for a stroll, swim and to explore Funzi village is also included.
The tour is rustic and allows you to enjoy local cultural experience and is booked as a private tour. You will have private transfers and a private boat as well. Funzi lagoon is amazing and the trip is calm and relaxing.
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Half Day Boat Trip Itinerary
0730 Hours: Pick-up from your hotel in Diani Beach or earlier if at North Coast.
0900 Hours: The drive takes about 40 minutes to Bodo village. The drive goes through through coconut palms and cashew nut farms to Funzi Island; which is located 35 km’s south of Diani.
Once at Bodo you board the boat and begin your excursion. Ride in a boat (with a shade) through amazing mangroves. Explore the meandering estuary of the Ramisi River that is home of crocodiles and rare beautiful birds.
Stop at the sand bank across the bay for a stroll and swim or even explore the Funzi village.
1300 Hours: You return back to the hotel for lunch. Enjoy the delicious sea foods in a genuine Swahili house at Funzi Mangrove Resort.
1400 Hours: Later return to mainland with a boat before driving back to your hotel.
1500 Hours: Arrive at your hotel in Diani Beach.
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Half Day Boat Trip Prices
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Half Day Boat Trip Rates Includes:
Boat Tour + Funzi Island village walk + Lunch with soft drinks & juices + Professional English speaking guides + All entry fees,guide fees, service charge and taxes & Pickup from your hotel in Mombasa North Coast, Mombasa Island, Mombasa South Coast or Diani Beach and drop-off to your hotel
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Get special menu for children and vegetarians. This should be ordered a day before
* Make sure you have your swimming costumes, sunscreen, water shoes, exercise books and pencils for the school
* Our Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip time : 0730 Hours – 1500 Hours (Possible to customize the tour)
* In Funzi Village, we will visit the only school on the island, see a medicine man’s workplace, a fisherman’s abode and also have the opportunity to see how the local people live, as they did hundreds of years ago, with no electricity or running water
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Half Day Boat Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)