Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Chogoria Route | Chogoria Route Mount Kenya Hiking | Trekking Mt Kenya Chogoria Route | Hiking Mount Kenya Chogoria Route | 1 Day Mt Kenya Climb | Mt Kenya Trek Chogoria | Mount Kenya Chogoria Route | Sirimon day Hike Mount Kenya tour | Mount Kenya climb Day Trip | Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day | Hiking Trip Mount Kenya Trek | Nairobi Excursions | Nairobi Hiking Day Tours | Day Trip to Mt. Kenya | Climbing Mt Kenya Cost | Mount Kenya 1 Day Trekking Climbing Information | Nairobi 1 Day Trips
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Chogoria Route: Our Mount Kenya day trip using the Chogoria Route approaches the mountain on the eastern side while the Naro Moru route is on the west side and the Sirimon route is on the north side of the mountain.
Out of the three popular routes for climbing mount Kenya mentioned above, Chogoria Route is, without doubt, the most scenic and rewarding for hikers interested in seeing beautiful landscapes and the exotic flora on Mount Kenya.
The Chogoria route contains luxurious vegetation and combined with the fact that the final eruption of Mount Kenya occurred on this side of the mountain makes it is one of the most scenic parts of the entire area. Our day hiking tour begins from Nairobi where you are driven to Chogoria town located in the Mwimbi Division of Tharaka Nithi County in Kenya.
The town is about 225 km away from Nairobi. After a restroom stop proceeds by road up to the Chogoria park entrance gate. The hiking begins from the gate to Mugi Hill, Lake Ellis, and the Gates (Road Head) to experience the magnificent sceneries on the Eastern side of the mountain.
After that, we descend to the park entrance for pick up and a transfer back to Nairobi.
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Chogoria Route Itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi – Drive to Chogoria Town – Proceed to Chogoria Park entrance gate
0600 Hours: Depart Nairobi after an early breakfast at your hotel/ residence driving past several towns like Ruiru, Thika, Embu, and Chuka to get to Chogoria town.
After a restroom stop proceeds by road up to the Chogoria park entrance gate. This drive is 29 km on a dirt road passing through fertile farmlands before getting into a tropical forest, followed by a bamboo zone to the park gate at 2950 meters.
1100 Hours: After completing the park formalities, you begin the hike (6 km) further up the road to 3300 meters.
Since it only takes 2 hours to get to the Nithi River you explore the surroundings which include the Nithi falls approximately 100 feet high. Other attractions are Lake Ellis at 3500 meters and Mugi Hill which is located right next to Lake Ellis.
A climb to the top offers a bird’s eye view of the neighboring flat-topped Giants Billiard table – a mountain peak near Meru, Eastern, Kenya. It is considered the 24th highest mountain in Kenya.
1300 Hours: As you explore the surroundings and attractions of the area you stop to enjoy lunch at a cool picnic site.
1500 Hours: We trace our steps back to the park gate where we find our safari vehicle waiting for us and transfer back to Nairobi.
1900 Hours: On or about this time we arrive in Nairobi and transfer you to your hotel/ residence.
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Chogoria Route Prices
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Chogoria Route Rates Includes:
Lunch is included while on the trek + All applicable Game Park entrance fees + Guaranteed window seating with open top + The porters and guides are trained in cookery and service + Round trip transport from Nairobi to Mount Kenya and back to Nairobi & Our professional local guides provide quality service on this mountain trek
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Years|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* You need to be reasonably fit to do this hike
* This tour departs daily and also private departures are available
* Anyone contemplating one of our expeditions should take regular exercise
* It is recommended that you start a training program at least one, if not two months before your safari. “Running, swimming, cycling, and stair-climbing are all good ways of toning up muscles.”
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Chogoria Route Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Accommodations in Nairobi
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional Mountain guide
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps, and airports
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such as traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes, and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, and wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary