Mugie House Laikipia or Governors’ Mugie House is a luxury safari guest house perched on a hill in a private conservancy (Mugie Ranch) with 9 individual stone cottages, each with sweeping views of the Laikipia landscape. By road, Mugie House Laikipia is approximately 5½ hours driving time from Nairobi. By air: Nearby airstrips are Mugie (10 minutes game drive) and Loisaba (45 minutes). Safari experiences include Day & night game drives, Lion tracking, Guided bush walks, Fishing, a Heated swimming pool, Bush breakfast, Sundowners, a visit to the Mugie school, a village visit to the Pokot and Samburu traditional ways of life, a visit the weekly market day in Suguta Marmar, day-to-day ranching activities, and visit to the Gala graves.
Mugie House Laikipia is a luxury holiday home situated within the Mugie Wildlife Conservancy, perched on a hill with uninterrupted sweeping views of the Laikipia landscape. Mugie Conservancy is a private wildlife conservancy in Laikipia of almost 50’000 acres hosting an array of impactful community and conservation programs.
Laikipia Wilderness is approximately 100 km north of Mount Kenya. Mugie Ranch is located 300 km North of Nairobi. It’s a 50 minutes flight from Nairobi Wilson Airport and approximately 4½ hours’ drive by road. Mugie Ranch has two airstrips and scheduled flights land at Loisaba airstrip. The lodge uses Loisaba airstrip and it’s 1 ½ hours away by a game drive.
Mugie house has eight stone cottages, each with views of the Laikipia landscape. A large main house with open log fires will host guests for relaxing cocktails and scrumptious meals. The spacious cottages, all with en-suite bathrooms (including both shower and bath) have a comfortable sitting area with a log fire.
The house boasts a lavish sitting room, high-ceilinged verandas, and a large dining room situated in a prime viewing area for the waterhole below where day and night the interaction of wildlife present a wonderful spectacle. Mugie house has a cliff-top swimming pool and bars with stunning views. Free Wi-Fi is also available throughout the property.
Mugie is diverse and home to some of the threatened and endangered keystone species, whose numbers have declined to critical levels due to poaching and habitat loss. Mugie Conservancy provides a haven for animals, birds, and plant life. Grevy’s zebra, Jackson’s hartebeest, big cats, buffalo, elephants, reticulated giraffes, storks, and birds of prey,
Mugie House Laikipia activities include a visit to the cultural village, golfing, bush walks, painting, and sketching as well as day and night game drives in the Mugie Wildlife Conservancy, fishing, swimming, bush meals, sundowners, visit to the Mugie school, Join in the day to day ranching activities and visit the Gala graves.
Mugie House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Mugie House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Includes:
Full board accommodation + House wine, beers, and spirits + Laundry + Transfers from Mugie airstrip + Scheduled Game drives day & Night Drives + Guided walks + Kayaking + Fishing + Bush Meals + Sundowners
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||720 US Dollars||1,440 US Dollars||475 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||31st May 2023||535 US Dollars||1,060 US Dollars||
355 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||720 US Dollars||1,440 US Dollars||475 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||1,350 US Dollars||2,180 US Dollars||
720 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|15th Dec 2023||720 US Dollars||1,440 US Dollars||475 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2023||31st Dec 2023||1,350 US Dollars||2,180 US Dollars||
720 US Dollars
* Suite Supplement – 200 US Dollars Per Night
* 9 Days 8 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari exclusively Governors Camps | Click Here
* Golfing at Mugie Golf Course (optional extra) – this is one of Kenya’s northernmost golf courses with two-tier greens and is nestled among a grove of olive trees. Mugie Golf Course is also conveniently fenced in from wildlife so that guests can enjoy a jog or a gentle stroll around the 3.5 km track to enjoy the views as well as play a round of golf
Mugie House Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Camel Rides
* Filming safaris
* Extra lunch – 45 US Dollars per person
* Bush Lunch supplement- 61 US Dollars per person
* Bush Dinner supplement – 75 US Dollars per person
* Champagne, Premium spirits, Cellar wines on request
* Bush Breakfast supplement – 61 US Dollars per person
* Golf green fees – 30 US Dollars (Golf prior arrangement)
* Transfers from Loisaba airstrip – 50 US Dollars per car one way
* Conservation Fees per Adults – 110 US Dollars per person per night and Teens -55 US Dollars per person per night