Mwagusi Safari Camp Ruaha Tanzania | Mwagusi Camp | Mwagusi Safari Camp Room Prices | Mwagusi Safari Camp Rates | Ruaha National Park Tanzania | Ruaha Accommodation | Accommodation in Ruaha | Hotels in Ruaha Tanzania | Best Hotels in Ruaha National Park Tanzania | Ruaha National Park Accommodation | Places to stay in Ruaha National Park | Ruaha National Park Hotels | Ruaha Hotels | Ruaha Camps | Ruaha Lodges | Ruaha Accommodation | Ruaha Safari Lodges Camps Tanzania
Mwagusi Safari Camp is an exclusive tented camp nestled on the bank of the Mwagusi River, in the Ruaha National Park situated in the southern circuit of Tanzania. The camp is about 35km from the main park gate, 16km from the Msembe airstrip, and a 120km or 3 hours drive from Iringa town.
Ruaha National Park in the center of Tanzania takes its name from the Hehe word for ‘river.’ The eponymous Great Ruaha River serves as a lifeline for the park’s wildlife. Although it’s the largest national park in the country and rich in wildlife, Ruaha is one of the least busy places to visit in Tanzania, so safaris here feel remote and exclusive.
The camp is built almost entirely from organic natural materials with guests being treated to a “unique” tented safari experience. Each en-suite tent is comfortably secured under a cooling thatched roof and nestled snuggly into the sandy banks of the Mwagusi River.
Mwagusi Safari Camp consists of 13 large spacious guest tents or bandas. Each banda has en-suite facilities with a flushing toilet, an unlimited supply of hot water, a shower, sink, shelving, a large mirror, and good nighttime lighting.
All the “bandas” are built into the sandy banks of the Mwagusi River providing their own private and secluded view. There is an onsite restaurant and bar. The main dining area is built looking onto the riverbed and has two large and comfortable seating areas where you can relax with an afternoon drink.
Built using stones, driftwood, and bones the bathroom is an area of interesting, unique, and original design. Thick comfortable towels, soap, and shampoo are provided. An efficient same-day laundry service that is free of charge is offered.
Adjacent to the main dining is the reading room – equipped with a table and chairs, a comfortable seating area, and shelving with reading books.
All the “bandas” are built into the sandy banks of the Mwagusi River providing their own private and secluded view. Each has a large covered verandah, with a comfortable cushioned seating area and swinging hammock, making this the perfect place to relax and view the passing wildlife.
Activities available from Mwagusi Safari Camp include; safari walks, camp bird walks, and Night and day game drives.
Mwagusi Safari Camp Ruaha Tanzania Accommodation Rates
Mwagusi Safari Camp Ruaha Tanzania Game Package Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation (NB – No individual banda can be reserved), tea, coffee, filtered water throughout the day + breakfast includes fruit juices, games drives include sodas + 2 Game Excursions, morning & afternoon or all day (drives in open vehicles), Early morning bird walks for guests wishing to participate Laundry service + Meet and greet at Ruaha (Msembe) airstrip and return transfer to airstrip, local airport transfer fees.
Game Package (Accommodation & Game Drives) Rates
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
Child Aged Below 16 Years
1st Jan 2022
|31st Mar 2022||570 US Dollars||1,000 US Dollars||260 US Dollars|
1st Apr 2022
|31st May 2022||420 US Dollars||750 US Dollars||
200 US Dollars
|1st Jun 2022||31st Mar 2023||570 US Dollars||1,000 US Dollars||
260 US Dollars
* Child rate ages 5 – 15 years of age on arrival
* Children below the age of 5 are not encouraged at Mwagusi for safety reasons
* Exclusive use of Safari vehicle – 320 US Dollars per game drive day
* Drinks: Inclusive drinks package available, with exception of Champagne: 30 US Dollars per guest per day
* Night Game drives – Accompanied by Mwagusi guide and driver. Maximum of 6 persons per vehicle – 200 US Dollars per person
* Walking Safari – Minimum age 12. Maximum of 6 per group & Accompanied by Mwagusi guide and 2 Tanapa rangers – 100 US Dollars per person
* Daily Game walks of approximately 3 hours, a fee of 100 US Dollars per participant is levied locally as an extra, including the cost of 2 rangers and a Guide fee. Inclusive of VAT
* Park entry Fees – Adults (age 16 and above) – Park Fee, vehicle fee, Concession Fee, Land rent- Total of 88.16 US Dollars per person per day Plus TDL (Tourism Development Levy of 1%)
* Park entry fee – Children (5 -15 years) Park Fee, Vehicle fee, Concession Fee, land rent. Below age 10 no concession is due. Total of 40.96 US Dollars per person per day for a child (age 10 – 16) Plus TDL (Tourism Development Levy of 1%). Below the age of 10 Total of 29.16 US Dollars per person per day plus TDL (Tourism Development Levy of 1%)