Ndutu Safari Lodge Ngorongoro Crater | Ndutu Safari Lodge Accommodation Rates | Ngorongoro Conservation Area | Ngorongoro Crater safari | Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation | Ngorongoro Crater Luxury Lodges Camps | Karatu Hotels | Ngorongoro Safari Camps | Ngorongoro Crater Campsites | The best available hotels | Where to stay in Ngorongoro Crater | Best Safari Lodges Tanzania | Ngorongoro Crater Safari Lodges Camps
Ndutu Safari Lodge is a 4-star lodge situated in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the southeastern part of the Serengeti. The Lodge nestles unobtrusively under a canopy of giant acacias looking towards a soda lake, Lake Ndutu.
By Air, it’s approximately a 50 minutes flight from Arusha Airport to Ndutu Airstrip which is just 1 km from Lodge. Arusha is 280 km away and diving time is about 6-7 hours, while Karatu is 142 km and drinking takes 3-5 hours.
Ndutu Safari Lodge has 34 stone and thatch Lake-front cottages, and a private veranda, that extends from the central, open-sided bar, lounge, and dining room. 1 stand-alone Cottage with 2 separate bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin), a spacious living room, a dining area, and 2 private verandas.
It’s quite remote: not ideal for families with small children. The cottages are made from local materials and offer comfortable tasteful accommodation. All rooms have en-suite shower facilities.
Breakfast is served from 6.00 am to 9.00 am. A three-course lunch is served from 12.30 pm through to 2.00 pm. Lunchboxes are available on request. Dinner is a hearty 4-course meal, with table service, from 7.30 pm through to 9.00 pm.
The Lodge offers a superb base in which to explore the range of habitats that lie within easy reach, this includes swamps, woodlands, soda lakes, and the world-famous Serengeti short grass plains.
Ndutu Safari Lodge has been a favorite with professional wildlife photographers and filmmakers for the past four decades because it’s simply one of the best places to watch wildlife. Wifi access is available in the bar and lounge area only. There is a well-stocked gift shop at the Lodge.
Activities available from Ndutu Safari Lodge include; Game Drives and wildlife viewing, Photographic Safari, Cultural Visit, Enjoy Picnic Lunch, Visiting Tanzania’s Last Bushmen, Nature and Crater View Walks, Birdwatching, Hiking, visiting Olduvai Gorge, etc.
Ndutu Safari Lodge Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation Rates
Ndutu Safari Lodge Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Full Board Basis + Including service charge, Tourism Development Levy, and Value Added Tax
|Dates To||Single Room
Child Aged 5-12 Years
1st Jan 2022
|31st Mar 2022||450 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||150 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2022||15th Dec 2022||235 US Dollars||470 US Dollars||
150 US Dollars
16th Dec 2022
|31st Mar 2023||450 US Dollars||600 US Dollars||150 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||15th Dec 2023||235 US Dollars||470 US Dollars||
150 US Dollars
* Child aged 0-4 years sharing with an adult – Free
* Concession fees adult, per person per night, including Value Added Tax – 59 US Dollars
* Concession fees child aged (5-15), per person per night, including Value Added Tax – 11.80 US Dollars
* Lunch box – 20 US Dollars
* Picnic Basket – 8 US Dollars
* Breakfast box – 10 US Dollars
* Guide only hire per day – 50 US Dollars
* Dinner (for non-staying Guests) – 35 US Dollars
* Lunch (for non-staying Guests) – 25 US Dollars
* All-day coffee, tea, and homemade biscuits – free
* Breakfast (for non-staying Guests) – 20 US Dollars
* Laundry, soft drinks, house wine, and beer – 40 US Dollars
* Christmas and New Year meal supplement, December 25th and 31st – 35 US Dollars
* Vehicle and driver guide hire per day, with exclusive use of the vehicle – 350 US Dollars
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Gratuities, Tips
* Laundry Service
* Safari game drives
* Flights & Airport Taxes
* Items of personal nature
* Flying Doctor Medical evacuation
* Drinks, premium wines, and spirits
* Excluding Ngorongoro, Conservation Area Concession fees & Park fees