Ndutu Wilderness Camp Ngorongoro Crater | Ndutu Wilderness Camp Rates | Ndutu Wilderness Camp Room Prices | Ngorongoro Crater | Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation | Ngorongoro Crater Luxury Lodges Camps | Karatu Hotels | Ngorongoro Safari Camps | Ngorongoro Crater Campsites | The best available hotels | Ngorongoro Crater Safari Lodges Camps
Ndutu Wilderness Camp is a comfortable seasonal camp located in the heart of Ndutu plains, on the Serengeti ecosystem. Arusha Airport is approximately 248 km from the premises. The camp is set in the Ndutu area of the Serengeti ecosystem from December to March, coinciding with the calving season.
Driving time from Arusha takes 6 hours, Tarangire/Manyara (4-5 hours), Ngorongoro (2-3 hours), Eyasi (3-4 hours), Central Serengeti (2-3 hours), and Western Serengeti (5-6 hours). There are direct internal fights from Kilimanjaro/Arusha to Ndutu airstrip as well as local daily flights & Charter flights within Tanzania. The airstrip is about a 10-minute drive from camp.
Nestled under shady trees on a private site, the camp comprises 12 spacious tents. Each of the spacious safari tents is comfortably furnished, with solar lighting, an en-suite bathroom, and a lovely shady verandah.
Evenings offer a typical safari campfire around which our guests enjoy sundowners and snacks, and relive the day’s experiences. We are renowned for superb food freshly prepared for your enjoyment by our safari chef.
This intimate camp offers traditional ‘under canvas’ bush camp accommodation, great Tanzanian hospitality, outstanding food, and a relaxing atmosphere in one of the most beautiful places on earth – all with due respect for the fragile ecosystem.
The central lounge/bar area is a great place to catch up with fellow guests, with a campfire completing that close-to-nature safari ambiance. You’ll spot plenty of predators here: lion, cheetah, leopard, serval, African wildcat, caracal as well as a striped and spotted hyena.
The diverse ecosystems in this area, from woodlands to plains and soda lakes, make it a unique place for bird-watching. This is the perfect place to be to witness the annual wildebeest calving spectacle.
Activities available from Ndutu Wilderness Camp Include; Bush dinners and sundowner cocktails, Game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater and Conservation Area, Lake Manyara safaris, Olduvai Gorge visit, Balloon safaris, Walking safari s& Maasai cultural experiences.
Ndutu Wilderness Camp Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation Rates
Ndutu Wilderness Camp Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Full Board Basis (All meals and snacks, selected drinks (house wine, local beer, and sodas/soft drinks) + Filtered mineral water for drinking purposes only, Coffee and tea are available throughout the day
|Dates To||Single Room
Per Child 6–15 Years Sharing
1st Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2024||470 US Dollars||650 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||
175 US Dollars
* Extra lunch — at camp – 30 US Dollars
* The camp is open from December to March
* Extra lunch — picnic/lunch-box – 30 US Dollars
* Children under the age of six years are not allowed to stay at the camp for safety reasons
* Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority(NCAA) Camping fees are per night per person
* Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority(NCAA) camping fees must be paid simultaneously with accommodation
* Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority(NCAA) Camping fees – Adults pay 71 US Dollars & Children aged 6–15 Years pay 36 US Dollars
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Park and camp fees (subject to change)
* Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority(NCAA) Camping fees
* Laundry: only available for guests staying a minimum of two nights
* Unfortunately, credit card payment facilities are not available at the camps
* Drinks: other than house drinks which are noted above and included, a cash bar is available for all other wines, spirits, imported beer, ciders, and bottled water
Corkage will be charged for drinks brought to the camp