Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge | Sopa Lodges Tanzania | Sopa Lodge Ngorongoro Conservation Area | Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Rates | Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Room Prices | Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania | Best Ngorongoro Crater Safari Lodges & Camps | Ngorongoro Conservation Area Luxury Lodges | Best places to stay in the Ngorongoro Crater | Luxury Hotels in Ngorongoro | Luxury Accommodations in Ngorongoro | Ngorongoro Crater Safari Lodges Camps Accommodation Tanzania
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge is a 4-star lodge located at the highest point on the Ngorongoro crater’s entire rim, 0.5 km above the crater floor. The Lodge is 220km from Arusha & 114.9 km from Arusha Airport. The journey takes approximately 4 hours by road, or 40 minutes by air followed by a 2-hour transfer from the airstrip to the lodge.
Facing the always magnificent sunsets to the west, and located at the highest point on Ngorongoro crater’s entire rim, Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge stands well over half a kilometer above the crater floor and offers unparalleled views across this enormous caldera.
Themed around traditionally circular African houses with conical roofs, and decorated with examples of Africa’s rich tapestry of artistic traditions by way of rich woodcarvings and sculptures, the lodge harmonizes perfectly with its dramatic surroundings.
The lodge has 97 rooms (Includes 5 interconnecting rooms & 1 wheelchair-accessible room). All rooms are equipped with amenities to ensure maximum comfort during your stay with us. Among these are our wake-up calls and complimentary coffee and tea, all of which will help to kick start an early morning game drive.
In-Room Amenities at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge include; In-room safe deposit box, Hairdryers, a Private deck/veranda, En-suite bathrooms, Minibar & WiFi. There is an on-site bar, restaurant, swimming pool, 1 conference room accommodating 80 people, theatre style, Laundry services, Gift shop, Babysitting, and barbecue facilities.
Ngorongoro Sopa’s public rooms are extraordinarily spacious, with an inviting lounge and lobby decorated with indigenous sculptures and carved wooden columns. The Lemala Hill Restaurant caters to all tastes and fancies, as does the aptly-named Crater View Bar—both of which feature those huge windows overlooking the great crater’s verdant floor.
Activities at Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge include; Game drives within the Ngorongoro Crater and Conservation Area, Empakaai Crater visit Maasai cultural visits, Sundowner drinks, and bush dining.
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Accommodation Prices
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation per room per night and include applicable Government taxes, Service Charge, and Tanzania Tourism Development Levy. Rates exclude Park entry fees, Concession Fees (where applicable)
|Dates To||Single Room
2nd Jan 2022
|28th Feb 2022||245 US Dollars||395 US Dollars||600 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2022||31st Mar 2022||225 US Dollars||355 US Dollars||
450 US Dollars
1st Apr 2022
|31st May 2022||105 US Dollars||200 US Dollars||285 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2022||30th Jun 2022||245 US Dollars||395 US Dollars||
600 US Dollars
1st Jul 2022
|31st Oct 2022||260 US Dollars||415 US Dollars||525 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2022||21st Dec 2022||225 US Dollars||355 US Dollars||
450 US Dollars
22nd Dec 2022
|1st Jan 2023||260 US Dollars||415 US Dollars||
525 US Dollars
* Proof of residency is required
* Extra Lunch – 25 US Dollars per person
* Extra Dinner – 30 US Dollars per person
* Extra Packed lunch – 25 US Dollars per person
* Reduction for Half Board: 5 US Dollars per person
* Rates exclude park entry and concession fees where applicable
* Children under 3 years of age (sharing with adult/s) are free of charge
* 2 Children 3-16 years sharing their own room: 75% of the twin/double room rate
* Children 3-16 years sharing with 1 or 2 adults: 50% of the per person adult twin rate
* Rates are applicable to citizens and residents of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and South Sudan
* Lunch at one Sopa property in lieu of lunch at another Sopa property is possible provided it is pre-booked and confirmed
* Christmas supplement of 40 US Dollars per person will apply to all bookings on the 24th, 25th, 26th, and 31st of Dec 2022 and the 1st Jan 2023
* Rates are subject to availability and can change without prior notice. In the event of a change in government taxes or levies affecting the rates mentioned herein, Sopa Lodges reserves the right to pass on any increases