Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp Tanzania | Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp Accommodation Rates | Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp Room Prices | Best Ngorongoro Crater Safari Lodges | Best places to stay in the Ngorongoro Crater | Ngorongoro Accommodation | Ngorongoro Crater Hotels | Ngorongoro Forest Tented Lodge | Ngorongoro Crater safari | Ngorongoro Safari Camps | Ngorongoro Crater Campsites | Where to stay in Ngorongoro Crater | Ngorongoro Crater Safari Lodges Camps
Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp Tanzania is a tented safari accommodation under a forest canopy at the end of a valley. A magical place of dappled light, surrounded by the lushest green vegetation, and buzzing with the energy of this high-altitude wonderland.
The Lodge is 220km from Arusha. The journey takes approximately 4 hours by road, or 40 minutes by air followed by a road transfer to the lodge. The camp is approximately Just 13km away from the Ngorongoro crater rim.
The Ngorongoro Crater, also known as Africa’s Eden, is a place of remarkable beauty and diversity, with a mix of forest, savannah, and grassland providing the perfect environment for wildlife to thrive. On the crater floor, experience the Big Five with great black rhino encounters, dense numbers of wildebeest, zebra, eland, and exciting lions and cheetah sightings.
The camp consists of 10 spacious tents with comfortable rooms, each equipped with private ensuite facilities. The views from this camp are excellent, with 24 hours electricity using solar power. The camp amenities include; Ensuite Toilet, Free Wi-fi, Radio calls, Hot & Cool Water, Insect Repellent & Air Freshener, Toiletries, and Mosquito Nets.
At Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp, you will enjoy an unforgettable, unparalleled ambiance, a sense of being ‘right there in the heart of Mother Nature. Relax and reflect on the excitement of the day; dine and sleep beneath African skies, and enjoy a truly unforgettable safari camp experience.
The Tortilis tree spreads its branches like an umbrella, offering shelter – an appropriate name for a camp where you will find every available comfort, together with the warmest of welcomes.
All the visitors should try the Tortilis Camps bush dinner at least once. An incredibly free-spirited way to enjoy a meal under the sparkling stars with a loved one and all the ingredients to create a memory to cherish.
Dining in the mess tent is a social affair with a wide variety of tasty, creative and uncomplicated yet stimulating meals. Hot meals with local specialties, along with pasta, fish, chicken, vegetable bakes, and salads are all available. And lastly, the much-complimented chefs enjoy rounding off your days by dining with desserts to make you smile.
The Tortilis Camps have a cozy watering hole at each of our locations with a dedicated barman permanently on hand to serve you from this wide array of choices. Order your drinks and enjoy the moment in one of our perfect spaces as a sundowner, around the fire, on the front porch of your tent, and paired with a great meal.
Activities available from Ngorongoro Tortilis include; game drives, banquets on the Crater floor, hiking, wine tasting, lion learnings, cultural visits, walks & hikes, etc. On offer too is an authentic Maasai wedding with the local tribe. A pulsating experience and unique spectacle with you and your partner at the very center of it all.
Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp Tanzania Accommodation Rates
2022 -2023 Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation Based on Full board (Dinner/ Breakfast/ Lunch or Picnic lunch box) + Tea and coffee during meals + Value Added Tax & Bed Levy
|Dates To||Single Tent
|Double/ Twin Tent
1st Jan 2022
|28th Feb 2022||270 US Dollars||430 US Dollars||630 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2022||31st May 2022||210 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||
590 US Dollars
1st Jun 2022
|30th Jun 2022||270 US Dollars||430 US Dollars||630 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2022||31st Oct 2022||300 US Dollars||490 US Dollars||
720 US Dollars
1st Nov 2022
|15th Dec 2022||210 US Dollars||400 US Dollars||590 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2022||31st Dec 2022||300 US Dollars||490 US Dollars||
720 US Dollars
* Private Breakfast under Tortilis Acacia – 25 US Dollars per person
* Private Lunch or Dinner under Tortilis Acacia – 35 US Dollars per person/per meal
* Easter, Christmas, and New Year Supplement – A supplement of 20 US Dollars per person/ per night
* The single rent rate is applicable for the first 2 rooms per booking, any extra single room will be charged additional 100 US Dollars on the single room rate
* Sundowner activity can be arranged at a cost of 35 US Dollars per person. Includes: Bottle of Non-Alcoholic Champagne & Snacks. Excludes Ranger fees and Park fees
* Children above 12 years will be charged the full adult rate
* Children under 3 years sharing with adults free of charge
* Children under 12 years are not allowed to stay alone in a tent
* Child between 3 to 12 years sharing with 2 adults will be charged 50% of the adult per person sharing rate
* 2 Children between 3 to 12 years sharing with 2 adults, each child will be charged 50% of the adult per person sharing rate
* Child between 3 to 12 years sharing with 1 adult, the child will be charged 50% of the adult per person sharing rate and the adult will pay the single room rate
* 2 Children between 3 to 12 years sharing with 1 adult, each child will be charged 50% of the adult per person sharing rate and the adult will pay the single room rate
Extra Meals, Drinks and Hamper charges:
* Cake – 30 US Dollars per group
* Lunch – 30 US Dollars per person
* Dinner – 30 US Dollars per person
* Picnic lunch box – 25 US Dollars per person
* Lunch for pass – 40 US Dollars per person (booking needs to be done 14 days prior to arrival)
* A bottle of Non-alcoholic Champagne can be arranged at an extra cost of 25 US Dollars per bottle
* If guests opt for a warm lunch instead of the picnic lunchbox, there will be an extra cost of 20 US Dollars per hamper
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Camping fee
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Airstrip transfers
* Items of a personal nature
* Excludes Park entry fee and activity fees
* Game drives and excursions from the camp
* All WMA (Wildlife Management Area) Fees
* Flying doctors/ medical evacuation insurance
* Sodas, Wines, Champagne, Spirit, Local Beer, and Water
* Drinks and beverages served from the bar and restaurant
* Transportation, airport, and flight taxes. Transfers to and from the camp
* Camping Fee: Excluding Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCCA) camping fees