Olerai House Lake Naivasha located in Olerai Wildlife Sanctuary is a beautiful relaxing guesthouse on the shores of Lake Naivasha, belonging to the Douglas-Hamiltons. The house is situated in a beautiful farmhouse on a private wildlife sanctuary just 2 hours’ drive from Nairobi and about 4 kilometers from Naivasha Town. Enjoy the comforts of this beautiful wildlife Estate on the northern shores of Lake Naivasha. A truly remarkable place where bougainvillea shrouds the cottages, farm-to-table meals are served, and zebra, giraffe, and other wild animals graze beneath soaring acacias.
Olerai House Lake Naivasha has 6 exquisite en-suite double bedrooms namely; Chui Bedroom, Swara Bedroom, Twiga Bedroom, Ndovu Bedroom, Kiboko Bedroom & Nyati Bedroom. All are built from local materials The beds are made of vines with elegant mosquito nets and the walls are inlaid with bottles.
Each of the six bedrooms at Olerai House is unique, but all share a cozy comfort and attention to detail that instantly inspires you to relax. Some have warm earth tones; others are painted with bright colors. All celebrate natural materials like wood, cotton, woven reeds, and fired ceramics.
Big comfortable beds with crisp cotton sheets and elegant mosquito nets welcome you at night. En-suite bathrooms are ready with plenty of hot water, organic lotions and shampoos, and hairdryers. Panoramic views of the gardens and the surrounding countryside spread through the large windows.
There is also a self-catering cabin with 2 bedrooms; a double room and a twin room with a shared bathroom. Each room has a mosquito net, and seating area and is decorated with colorful Indian tapestries and local art.
The chefs at Olerai House are famous for the variety and scrumptiousness of the meals they produce, all made with organic ingredients grown or pasture-raised on the farm. The emphasis is on using the freshest possible produce to craft simple but exceptionally tasty meals that you’ll remember long after your stay.
You’re welcome to pick your own vegetables from the garden, or ask us for recipes: we’re happy to share! Meals are served on hand-made pottery and glassware.
There is an outdoor pool beside the Douglas-Hamilton family home where guests can swim and relax while zebras curiously watch from an arm’s length. Guests can also relax and read a good book on the well-manicured lawn amidst blankets and pillows.
Olerai House Lake Naivasha activities include; hiking, boat riding, horse riding, golfing, birding sundowner, nature walks, jogging, and visits to Mount Longonot, Hell’s Gate National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park, and Crescent Island for a picnic.
Olerai house Naivasha Non-Residents Accommodation Rates
Non-Residents Rates Per Night include:
Full board accommodation and laundry and return transfer from Loldia Airstrip + Drinks – house wines, beers, selected spirits, sodas, water, and fresh juices + guided walks, hikes, and a night game drive in the Olerai conservation area. Guests are free to use the swimming pool at Sirocco House.
|Dates To||Single Room
6th Jan 2023
|19th Dec 2023||620 US Dollars||1,020 US Dollars||225 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||5th Jan 2024||670 US Dollars||1,100 US Dollars||
225 US Dollars
* There is no half-board meal plan
* Check-in 11:00 am – check out 10:00 am
* Children under the age of 3 stay for free
* Olerai Guest House Naivasha is open all year round
* Request for Discounted resident accommodation rates
* Easter/ Christmas & New year supplements of 2,000 Kenya Shillings per person per night at Olerai House
* Olerai Guest House Naivasha also offers special programs for weddings, retreats, and workshops at Sirocco House
Olerai House Non-Residents Rates are Exclude;
* A La Carte Drinks
* Champagne, premium spirits & cellar wines
* Scenic flights over Lake Naivasha and volcanoes
* Flamingo boat ride or Crescent Island with picnic
* Climbing Mt Longonot (can be arranged on request at an extra cost)
* Christmas & New Year Supplements – 25 US Dollars per adult per day
* Drive or Fly in for lunch with drinks & Sanctuary fees – 35 US Dollars per child
* Drive or Fly in for lunch with drinks & Sanctuary fees – 70 US Dollars per adult
* Day trip to Nakuru National Park (can be arranged on request at an extra cost)
* Horse riding at the Sanctuary Farm (can be arranged on request at an extra cost)
* Extra Lunch – 50 US Dollars per adult inclusive of fresh juice, sodas, wine & beer
* Extra Lunch – 35 US Dollars for a child under 12 years inclusive of fresh juice and sodas
* Sanctuary Fees – 20 US Dollars per adult & 10 US Dollars per child under 12 Years
* Christmas & New Year Supplements – 40 US Dollars per child under 20 Years per day
* Service Charge – 15 US Dollars per person per day & 10 US Dollars per child under 10 Years
* Boat rides and bird watching on Lake Naivasha (can be arranged on request at an extra cost)
* Easter Supplements – 40 US Dollars per adult per day & 20 US Dollars per child under 10 Years
* Mountain biking, walks, and picnics at Hells Gate National Park (can be arranged on request at an extra cost)