Oliver’s Camp Tarangire Tanzania | Oliver’s Camp | Oliver’s Tented Camp | Tarangire National Park Tanzania | Oliver’s Camp Tarangire Accommodation Rates | Oliver’s Luxury Safari Camp Tarangire National Park, Tanzania | Oliver’s Camp Tarangire Safaris Tanzania | Tarangire National Park Top Hotels, Camps & Lodges | Tarangire Hotels Lodges Camps Tanzania
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire is a luxury camp located 160 kilometers from Arusha, is an exclusive camp close to the Tarangire National Park with its magnificent baobab trees and great diversity of wildlife in Tanzania. The Camp is situated in the exclusive southern part of Tarangire National Park.
The 10 guest tents are well spaced, ensuring a feeling of exclusivity and intimacy. Oliver’s Camp Tarangire design and atmosphere provide a classical bush experience: solid wooden furniture, comfortable chairs, and a library with books on the surrounding nature & wildlife.
Olivers is a superb little camp and arguably the nicest in Tarangire. The camp itself is really comfortable and stylish in design, and the location is superb for exploring this pretty national park.
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire tents have excellent bathroom facilities, with running hot and cold water, flush loos, and proper showers looking out over the Minyonyo floodplains. After activities, guests find a place to reflect and relax on their private veranda, in the lounge/library tent or dining tent, or around the fireplace.
Dinners are served in the dining tent or under the Tarangire sky. The camp crew has been a close team for many years and this clearly shows in the deep knowledge of the park and the quality of food and personal service.
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire is located in the remote southern section of the Tarangire National Park, in the park´s unspoiled wilderness zone far away from other lodges/camps. Off-road game driving and walking safaris are allowed in the wilderness zone.
From Oliver’s Camp Tarangire, game drives and walks can be undertaken to find Tarangire’s trademark elephants and baobab trees as well as the cats, snakes, and other animals. The camp overlooks the spectacular Minyonyo Pools floodplain. It is close to the stunning Silale swamps.
Due to its remote location, days can be spent without meeting many, if any, other tourists. Whilst a minimum stay of 2 nights in Oliver’s Camp Tarangire is strongly advised, stays of 3 or 4 nights are very rewarding and deepen the exclusive, intimate safari experience of Oliver’s Camp.
Oliver's Camp Tarangire Tanzania Accommodation Prices
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full-board accommodation + House drinks + TANAPA walking fees + Limited laundry service + Game drives + Guided walks + Night game drives & Transfers to/from nearest airstrip
|Dates To||Per Person Sharing||
6th Jan 2022
|28th Feb 2022||650 US Dollars||1,300 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2022||15th May 2022||Closed||
16th May 2022
|31st May 2022||415 US Dollars||830 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2022||30th Jun 2022||650 US Dollars||
1,300 US Dollars
1st Jul 2022
|31st Aug 2022||900 US Dollars||1,800 US Dollars|
|1st Sep 2022||31st Oct 2022||830 US Dollars||
1,660 US Dollars
1st Nov 2022
|19th Dec 2022||650 US Dollars||1,300 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2022||5th Jan 2023||830 US Dollars||
1,660 US Dollars
6th Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||650 US Dollars||1,300 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||15th May 2023||Closed||
16th May 2023
|31st May 2023||415 US Dollars||830 US Dollars|
* Child 13 years and older full adult rate
* Child 6-12 sharing with adults 50 % of adult rate
* Children below 12 should always share a room with an adult
* Children below 6 are not allowed unless the camp is booked exclusively
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Excludes;
* Photographic safaris
* Hot-air balloon rides
* Flights & airport taxes
* Items of personal nature
* Park fees and Conservation Charge
* Additional lunch (picnic or in the house)
* Transfers other than to/ from nearest airstrip
* Flying doctors/ medical evacuation insurance
* Rates do not include the use of a private vehicle
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire is an excellent bush camp consisting of ten furnished tents located right in the heart of Tarangire National Park, near the Minyonyo Pools. Oliver’s Camp Tarangire is unpretentious and comfortable rather than opulently luxurious, the guides are personable and knowledgeable and the emphasis on substance over style is underscored by a superb library of natural history books.
Each of Oliver’s Camp Tarangire luxury tents is spacious, furnished with wooden furniture and crisp linens and all have en suite bathrooms. The tents have wooden balconies, thatch roofs, and an outdoor shower surrounded by a reed wall.
In the evenings, guests gather around the campfire to share stories of their day on safari with a cool drink, and dining is either under the stars or in the cozy dining tent (depending on the weather).
Activities from Oliver’s Camp Tarangire include game drives, walking safaris, and fly-camping (we recommend pre-booking the walking and fly-camping, and if you are not staying on a game-package rate these will incur an additional charge – ask your specialist if you are unsure about what is included).
Oliver’s Camp Tarangire Activities
1. Open vehicle game driving & bird watching, walking safaris, fly camping, picnics, star gazing, watching nature & wildlife from the camp
2. Walking safaris: Oliver’s Camp offers the unique opportunity to leave the vehicle behind and share the earth of Tarangire NP with its wildlife. Walking safaris are guided by experienced walking guides and an armed ranger accompanies the walks. Guests learn about nature, wildlife behavior, and animal tracks on walking safaris.
Although animals are usually spotted on walking safaris, the goal is not to get as close as possible to the wildlife, but rather to observe their undisturbed behavior. Walking can best be done in the morning or afternoon. Walks longer than half a day is available upon request.
Walking can be done by children of 16 years and over – children below this age can only participate in walks at the discretion of the guide. Participation in walking safaris is at own risk and participation of children is at parents risk.
3. Fly Camping: one (or more) night of private fly camping under the Tarangire stars, with animals, sounds all around, is unforgettable for adventurous safari guests. Fly camping is an adventure, not a luxury: fly camping tents are lightweight, with a shared outside short-drop toilet and shower cubicle.
Fly camping can be done by children of 16 years and over – children below this age can only participate in fly camping trips at the discretion of the guide. Guests staying on Full Board basis need to pay the Ground Package price for the night of the fly camping.
4. Night Game Drives: Night drives are operated on a daily basis and leave the camp around 6:30 pm. Night drives are about spotting nocturnal animals and experiencing African Wilderness by night. Oliver`s Camp uses night-vision goggles on their night drives which makes it an ultimate experience.
5. Vehicle: Oliver’s Camp is about 2 hours from the main Tarangire park gate, but the drive can easily take 3 hours when game driving
6 Air: nearest airstrip is Kuro, about 50 min’s from the camp. Daily flights to/from Kuro connect to Arusha (only from Arusha to Kuro for schedules; charters both ways), Manyara/Ngorongoro, Seronera, and Kogatende for Sayari Camp. Transfers to/from Kuro are free of charge when booking the game package.