Porini Cheetah Camp Masai Mara
Porini Cheetah Camp is a small-tented camp located in Ol Kinyei Conservancy outside Masai Mara National Reserve about 18 km away. The Porini Cheetah Camp is unfenced and located inside a private conservancy far from the usual safari crowds.
The Conservancy is set aside as a wildlife sanctuary with a wide variety of species including big cats. The area has open plains, forests, rivers, and stunning views. Mara Porini Camp has its private airstrip for charter flights and Naboisho Ol Seki airstrip is the closest airstrip using the daily scheduled services.
The Porini Cheetah Camp is located close to the Olare Lemunyi watercourse, between the White Rock feature on the one hand and a marsh fed by a permanent underground spring that is a magnet for the antelopes and zebras, especially in the dry season. The White Rock is an excellent location for sundowners because of the view from the top.
Porini Cheetah Camp has 6 spacious guest tents. Wi-fi Internet is available in public areas. The camp is entirely solar-powered and the comfortable tents have fans and charging points for use during the day. Also ensuite bathrooms with hot showers, flush toilets, and water on tap.
Porini Cheetah Camp is one of the smaller, more intimate tented safari camps in the Masai Mara. It is one of only two safari camps allowed to operate within the confines of the exclusive Ol Kinyei Conservancy.
The chef uses fresh ingredients to prepare high-quality meals and even home-baked bread. Indian cuisine is available on request. A fantastic experience is a full day spent in the Mara National Reserve during which a picnic lunch is served. Bush breakfasts combined with safari drives are available in the Naboisho Conservancy.
The conservancy safari is a recognized hotspot for big cats and especially cheetahs, which are seen regularly, often with cubs. It is also home to large herds of elephants, apart from the plains game for which the Maasai Mara ecosystem is justly famous.
Activities available at Porini Cheetah Camp include; bird watching, village visits, sundowners, bird watching, day game drives, guided safari walks, and hot air balloon safaris. Safari game drives can also be taken in the nearby Maasai Mara National Reserve and the adjacent Naboisho Conservancy.
Porini Cheetah Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Porini Cheetah Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation + Local Airstrip Transfers + Walks With Masai Warriors & Guide + Sundowners from Scenic Viewing Points + 1 visit to Maasai village + Day & Night Game Drives In Open-Sided 4×4 + Soft drinks, Beer, House Wine, Gin & Tonic, Mineral Water + Daily conservancy fees & one day Park/ Reserve entry fee + Full Day in Mara Reserve with picnic lunch on Minimum 2-Night Stay + Game Drives in Ol Kinyei Conservancy and Naboisho Conservancy & 1 full day with picnic lunch in Masai Mara Game Reserve for 3-night stays + Free inter-camp transfers between Porini Mara/ Cheetah & Porini Lion with en-route game drives
|Per Person Sharing
20th Dec 2023
|2nd Jan 2024
|950 US Dollars
|1,900 US Dollars
|175 US Dollars
|3rd Jan 2024
|31st Mar 2024
|550 US Dollars
|1,100 US Dollars
155 US Dollars
1st Apr 2024
|30th Jun 2024
|500 US Dollars
|1,000 US Dollars
|155 US Dollars
|1st Jul 2024
|21st Jul 2024
|870 US Dollars
|1,740 US Dollars
170 US Dollars
22nd Jul 2024
|30th Sep 2024
|980 US Dollars
|1,960 US Dollars
|180 US Dollars
|1st Oct 2024
|31st Oct 2024
|860 US Dollars
|1,720 US Dollars
165 US Dollars
1st Nov 2024
|19th Dec 2024
|500 US Dollars
|1,000 US Dollars
155 US Dollars
* The camp is not suitable for children under 8 years of age
* Christmas & New Year supplement 24/25/26/31 December & 01 January – 50 US Dollars per person per night
* 2 children in own tent pay 75% of per person sharing rates each, 3rd child in the same tent pays 75% of per person sharing rate
* 1 child pays 60% of per person sharing rates when sharing with 2 adults in 1 tent & the 2 adults pay per person sharing rates each
* Children aged 8 – 16 years 1 child pays 60% of per person sharing rates when sharing with 1 adult BUT the 1 adult pays the full single tent rate
* Porini Cheetah includes game drives in Ol Kinyei Conservancy and Naboisho Conservancy & one full day with picnic lunch in Masai Mara Game Reserve for 3 night stays
Mara Cheetah Camp Masai Mara Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Laundry services
* Tips and gratuities
* All items of personal nature
* Any other item (s) not included or mentioned
* Exclusive use of vehicle 450 US Dollars per day
* Regional and international flights plus taxes and visa fees
* Each Tent has a double and single bed: 3rd adult in the tent is charged at a normal rate
* Afternoon departure from camps 60 US Dollars per person (includes lunch, drinks & activities)
* Late departure from the Porini camps after the normal 10.00 hours check out will be 180 US Dollars per person minimum of 2 guests inclusive of 16% VAT (includes lunch, drinks, and activities before departure in the afternoon)