Porini Giraffe Camp located inside Mara Ripoi Conservancy, Maasai Mara
Porini Giraffe Camp Mara Ripoi Conservancy Masai Mara is a small and intimate camp along the Ripole River offering eco-friendly tented accommodation located inside the 13,500-acre private Mara Ripoi Wildlife Conservancy which borders Siana Conservancy near the Masai Mara Game Reserve. This traditional safari camp is open during the high season (from the 10th of June to the 15th of October) when the annual Wildebeest Migration takes place in the Mara ecosystem of Kenya. Nairobi is 240 km away from Mara Ripoi Wildlife Conservancy. By road, the journey takes 4.5 hours. Most guests fly by scheduled safari flight from Nairobi Wilson Airport to Ol Seki airstrip in the Naboisho Conservancy (45 minutes flight). From here it is around a 30-minute drive to the camp.
Porini Giraffe Camp consists of just 8 spacious tents – 5 double/ twin tents, and 3 single tents – creating an intimate and exclusive safari adventure. Each tent is comfortably furnished with beds, linen included, and en-suite bathrooms with flush toilets, washbasins, and hot showers. The beds are also fitted with mosquito nets and have private verandas for relaxing in the bush. The camp has a dedicated dining tent and a separate comfortable lounge all located along the Ripole River. There is also an outside dining area.
Porini Giraffe Camp activities include 4×4 game viewing in Mara Ripoi Conservancy, Ol Kinyei Conservancy, Naboisho Conservancy, and the Masai Mara National Reserve. Animals seen during game drives in the Conservancy include lions, cheetahs, leopards, cape buffaloes, and giraffes, several species of antelopes, elephants, wildebeests, Grant’s zebras, and gazelles among others. Bird-watching with an experienced birder to spot over 300 birds some of which include Secretary Birds, Kori Bustards, Jaunty Crowned-Plovers, flocks of White Storks, Crowned Cranes, Saddle-Billed Storks, etc.
Other activities include night game drives, bush dinners, bush breakfasts, sundowners, guided bush walks, seeing the great wildebeest Migration (between June and November), hot air balloon safari, Masai village visits, and visiting the Mara River.
Porini Giraffe Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp located in a forested area of Camphor bush (African Wild Sage or called Leleshwa in Kenya) and Yellow Bark Acacia along the Ripole River in the Mara Ripoi Conservancy.
This exclusive game-rich 13,500-acre wildlife conservancy is comprised of beautiful hills, forests, and open plains and is home to a large abundance of wildlife including the big cats. Mara Ripoi Conservancy is located next to Ol Kinyei Conservancy.
The conservancy connects to Siana Conservancy and then directly to the Mara Reserve and so allowing free movement of wildlife from the Reserve as well as through a wildlife corridor along the Ripole River to Ol Kinyei Conservancy. Guests have access to the Masai Mara National Reserve and also Ol Kinyei Conservancy.
Porini Giraffe Camp has 8 guest tents and offers a personal and authentic experience for a safari in the Masai Mara, providing a great alternative to the large mass-market tourist lodges. The tents are spacious each comfortably furnished and with private facilities including a shower and toilets).
The camp has a dining tent and a separate comfortable lounge all located along the Ripole River. The camp welcomes children aged 8 years and over.
The camp provides guests with the opportunity to stay at a truly eco-friendly bush camp where there are no permanent structures and there is minimal impact on the environment. This 13,500-acre Kenyan wildlife conservancy is on a tranche of land belonging to a Maasai community who have leased it to us for the purposes of wildlife conservation.
Mara Ripoi Conservancy is home to only 3 small camps and no other tourist vehicles are allowed into the Conservancy, so guests have the thousands of acres in the conservancy to themselves.
Porini Giraffe Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Porini Giraffe Camp Masai Mara Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on a Full Board Basis + Soft drinks, Tusker beer, House wine, Vodka, Gin & tonic, Mineral water + Day & night shared game drives in open-sided 4×4 vehicles with qualified guides + Sundowners from scenic viewing points + Walks with Maasai warriors + Local airstrip transfers (Naboisho Airstrip using schedule flights) + Game drives in Ol Kinyei Conservancy and Mara Ripoi Conservancy & one full day with picnic lunch in Masai Mara Game Reserve for 3-night stays
|Dates To||Per Person Sharing||Double Room
20th Dec 2023
|2nd Jan 2024||520 US Dollars||1,040 US Dollars||175 US Dollars|
|3rd Jan 2024||31st May 2024||460 US Dollars||920 US Dollars||
155 US Dollars
1st Jun 2024
|30th Jun 2024||490 US Dollars||980 US Dollars||155 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2024||21st Jul 2024||880 US Dollars||1,760 US Dollars||
170 US Dollars
22nd Jul 2024
|30th Sep 2024||980 US Dollars||1,960 US Dollars||180 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2024||31st Oct 2024||850 US Dollars||1,700 US Dollars||
165 US Dollars
1st Nov 2024
|19th Dec 2024||490 US Dollars||980 US Dollars||
155 US Dollars
Porini Giraffe Camp amenities include:
* Board games
* Safari shower
* 24-hour security
* Low eco-foot-print
* Outside dining area
* Dedicated dining tent
* No extras/hidden costs
* Dining in the lounge area
* Phone charging in the central location
* En-suite tents with bathroom & flushing toilet
* Complimentary airstrip transfers from/to Ol Seki airstrip
* Porini Giraffe Camp includes game drives in Ol Kinyei Conservancy and Mara Ripoi Conservancy & one full day with picnic lunch in Masai Mara Game Reserve for 3 night stays
Porini Giraffe Camp Accommodation Exclude;
* Laundry services
* Tips and gratuities
* All items of personal nature
* Any other item(s) not included or mentioned
* Regional and international flights plus taxes and visa fees
* Exclusive use of vehicle at 440 US Dollars per vehicle per day inclusive of 16% Value Added Tax
* Christmas & New Year supplement 24/25/26/31 Dec & 01 Jan of 50 US Dollars per person per night
* Late departure from the Porini camps after the normal 10h00 check out will be 200 US Dollars per person minimum 2 pax inclusive of 16% Value Added Tax (includes lunch, drinks and activities before departure in the afternoon)
Porini Giraffe Camp 2 Nights Flying Package From Nairobi
Porini Giraffe Camp 2 Nights Fly-in Package From Nairobi Includes;
At Wilson Airport, board a scheduled flight to Mara Naibosho Ol Seki Airstrip + Airstrip transfer to Porini Giraffe Camp for 2 Nights + Full board accommodation +Soft drinks, beer, house wine, vodka, gin & tonic, mineral water, + Return airstrip transfer + Daily Mara Ripoi Conservancy fees and one day Masai Mara Game Reserve entrance fee + Day & night shared game drives in open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle with a qualified guide + Sundowners + Walks with Maasai warriors & + Return flight back to Wilson Airport and Porini Wildlife Habitat Trust Payment
|Dates To||Single Room
(2 Guests) Sharing
|Per Child Sharing
Extra Night (Per Adult Sharing)
10th Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||1,625 US Dollars||2,830 US Dollars||1,015 US Dollars||460 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||30th Sep 2023||1,765 US Dollars||3,090 US Dollars||1,090 US Dollars||
525 US Dollars
1st Oct 2023
|15th Oct 2023||1,625 US Dollars||2,830 US Dollars||1,015 US Dollars||460 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||19th Dec 2023||1,800 US Dollars||3,000 US Dollars||1,060 US Dollars||
500 US Dollars
* Exclusive vehicle: sole use of the open-sided 4×4 safari vehicle during game drive 375 US Dollars per vehicle per day.
* Extra nights can be added at the rate shown inclusive of conservancy fees. Stays of 3 nights have one free entry for a day in Mara Reserve taking a picnic lunch
* Late Afternoon Departure: Late departure from camp after 1000 hours: 150 US Dollars per person – minimum 2 people (includes lunch, soft drinks, and activities before departure in the late afternoon with transfer to airstrip. Guests are required to check out of their tent by 1000 hours)
* For every 2 or 3-night stay one visit to Masai Mara National Reserve is included. Extra night rates include activities on the Conservancy. Any extra visit to the National Reserve is subject to the extra Reserve fee of 80 US Dollars per person per day on top of the above rates
Child rates apply to children aged 8 to 16 years:
* Camp not recommended for children aged under 8 years
* 2 or 3 children sharing in own tent – each child pays 75% of the per-adult rate
* 1 child sharing with 1 adult – child pays child package price above and adult pays the single adult rate
* 1 child sharing with 2 adults – child pays child package price above and 2 adults each pay the per adult sharing rate
* When sharing, so that 3 persons are in a tent, a child will be on the camp bed as the tents are too small for an extra bed