Reteti House Matthews Mountain Range | Reteti House Kenya | Reteti Luxury Private House | Reteti House Luxury Lodge Matthews Mountain Range | Reteti House Samburu | Reteti Guest House Homestay | Reteti Elephant Sanctuary | Sarara Private House | Mathews Mountain Range between Laikipia & Kenya’s Northern Frontier | Samburu National Reserve, Mathews Range & Namunyak, Matthews Range Hotels
Reteti House is a private holiday home in the northern frontier of Kenya in Namunyak Wildlife Conservancy, an area of 850,000 acres of pristine wilderness surrounding the Mathews Range of mountains. The savannah plains and lush mountain slopes are home to elephants, leopards, reticulated giraffes, wild dogs, and kudu in ever-increasing numbers.
Designed exclusively for private use, the uniquely crafted Reteti House offers expansive views over the Matthews Range, intimate Reteti elephant encounters, and immersive cultural experiences.
The lush Mathews mountain range stands between Laikipia and Kenya’s northern frontier. This remote and dramatic landscape is also home to the local Samburu people whose age-old traditions, including the famed ‘singing wells’, are as much a part of the fabric of this land as the wildlife.
Reteti house can be accessed via Private charters into Namunyak airstrip in Namunyak Conservancy or a Scheduled flight to Kalama and Lewa airstrips then a road transfer to the house. Located a mere 10-minute walk away from Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, you’ll have many meaningful encounters with the Reteti herd during your stay at Reteti House.
Reteti House has four luxury ensuite rooms with an outside shower open to the skies within Sarara-style walls. Each room can be configured as a double or a twin room with sufficient space for an extra bed to make a triple. The House has a central sitting/ dining area and a horizon pool. The House is booked on an exclusive basis only.
Reteti House accommodates up to 8 – 10 pax sharing in four beautiful, standalone, en-suite rooms with solar-heated outdoor showers alongside a spectacular communal lounge and pool.
Other house amenities include; WiFi, Mosquito Nets, Toyota Landcruisers with big windows and rooftop seats, open Landrovers, Refreshments – Water, soft drinks, Photographic Aid – Bean bags, Reference Books for (Birds, Mammals, Flora, and Fauna) & Charging Points.
Activities whilst at Reteti House;
* Guided walks
* Day and night game drives
* Bush meals and Sundowners
* Beading with the Samburu ladies
* School visits to our Mobile Montessori Program
* Fashion your own jewelry with our Ironmongers
* Visit the singing wells and honor an age-old tradition
* Hiking in the montane forest of the Mathews mountains
* Exclusive visits to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, De Brazza monkey hike, and village visits
* Unrestricted game drives exploring the 850,000 acres of pristine wildlife habitat accompanied by a local Samburu guide
Reteti House Matthews Mountain Range Accommodation Rates
Reteti House Matthews Mountain Range Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + Soft drinks, local beers non-premium wines and spirits + Conservancy fees, laundry, local airstrip transfers (Namunyak airstrip), activities as shown and statutory taxes + Activities Included: Day and night game drives + Guided walks+ Hiking in the montane forest of the Mathews mountains + Exclusive visits to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary + De Brazza monkey hike, and village visits
|Dates To||1-6 Adults Per Night (Minimum 2 Nights Stay)
||Extra Adult Per Night||
Extra Child Per Night
1st Jan 2023
|31st Oct 2023||5,700 US Dollars||850 US Dollars||570 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||30th Nov 2023||Closed||Closed||
1st Dec 2023
|6th Jan 2024||6,000 US Dollars||900 US Dollars||
570 US Dollars
* Minimum 2 Nights Stay
* WiFi Intermittent, in main areas
* Check-In 11:Ooam, Check Out 10:00 am
* Phone signal Intermittent and unreliable
* Closed 1st November – 1st December 2023
* Reteti House is suitable for children 5 years and over
* Reteti House has 4 luxury ensuite rooms (double, twin, or triple) 2 connected guide rooms
* Transfer: Lewa airstrip to Reteti House 550 US Dollars (Maximum 4 passengers)
* Transfer: Kalama airstrip (Northern Samburu) to Reteti House – 450 US Dollars (max 4 passengers)
* Exclusive use Minimum charge for exclusive use is 6 adults Private charters land at Namunyak airstrip while Scheduled flights land at Kalama airstrip
Reteti House Matthews Mountain Range Accommodation Rates Per Night Exclude;
* Personal Insurance
* Massage treatments
* Champagne, premium spirits, cellar wines
* Ololokwe day trip – 350 US Dollars per vehicle
* Fly camping mobilization fee – 300 US Dollars
* Samburu dancers – 500 US Dollars for 25 dancers
* Beading with Samburu women – 25 US Dollars per person
* Blacksmithing with Samburu Ironmongers 25 US Dollars per person
* Conservancy Fee (Per Person Per Night) – Adult 160 US Dollars & Child – 90 US Dollars
* Reteti Elephant Sanctuary Exclusive Visit (Fee Payable Once Per Group) – 550US Dollars f