1 Day Ruaha Safari from Iringa | Iringa Safaris | Iringa Tours & Trips | 1 Night Ruaha National Park Safari from Iringa | Ruaha National Park Tours and Holidays | Iringa Region Tours | Ruaha National Park Tours & Trips | 1 Day Group Tour-Ruaha National Park | Ruaha Safari Tour Packages | 2 Day Safari to Ruaha from Iringa | Tanzania Southern Circuit Safari | Iringa Tanzania Day Tours
This private 1 day, Tanzania Safari takes you to one of the less-crowded southern Tanzania game parks called Ruaha National Park from the town of Iringa. Iringa is an important agricultural center and the gateway for visiting Ruaha National Park or other Southern circuit safari parks.
Iringa is about 130km from the park (takes about 2 hours). Dar es Salaam is 625 km (388 miles) East of Ruaha Park by road. Ruaha is located in south-central Tanzania, west of Selous Game Reserve and Mikumi.
0600 Hours: Depart Iringa town early in the morning for Ruaha National Park located on Tanzania’s Southern Safari Circuit.
0800 hours: Arrive at the entrance gate of the park, and proceed on a game drive. Ruaha National Park is a vast, unspoiled wilderness area where diverse wildlife, birds, and habitats await, without the crowds.
Ruaha National Park consists of a larger ecosystem of Rungwa Game Reserve, Usangu Game Reserve, and some other protected areas making it the largest national park in Tanzania and the whole of East Africa. Today the national park is about 20 226 km² in size. The park is named after the Great Ruaha River which flows through the south-eastern part of the park.
Game viewing is centered along the well-developed watercourses which support healthy populations of wildlife, birds, and plants. Embark on a 4×4 game drive in search of elephants (the highest concentration of elephants in the whole of East Africa). Other commonly sighted animals in Ruaha include lions, African wild dogs, buffalo, and leopards. Ruaha is one of the few parks where both greater and lesser kudu can be found, bat-eared foxes, jackals, lands, waterbuck as well as rare sable and roan antelopes.
Ruaha National Park is also home to cheetahs, wildebeest, hyenas, zebras, impalas, giraffes, crocodiles, hippos, snakes (poisonous and non-poisonous), Monitor lizards, Agama lizards, and frogs. There are more than 1,650 species of plants inhabiting the park.
The park is a bird paradise with over 570 bird species, some of which are migrating birds arriving from within and outside Africa. The crested barbet – whose persistent trilling is a characteristic sound of the southern bush – occurs in Ruaha, alongside central Tanzanian endemics (restricted to Central Tanzania) such as the Yellow-collared lovebird and ashy starling. Migratory birds are present from November to April.
During your game drive, you will hardly come across other groups of tourists. You will also get to experience the diverse habitats of Ruaha, from Miombo woodlands and open savannahs to swamps, semi-arid bush, and riverine forests.
1300 Hours: We stop to watch animals and birds, take photos and have picnic lunches at scenic spots overlooking the river.
Later we exit the park at around 1630 hours and return to Iringa (arriving at around 1930 hours) where our 1 day Ruaha National Park safari comes to a close.
Ruaha National Park Highlights - 8 Reasons to Visit
* It’s massive: The largest national park in Tanzania and East Africa, Ruaha Park is awe-inspiringly vast
* Diverse birdlife: Over 580 species of birds have been recorded including endemic and endangered species
* Truly wild: This is untamed Africa. Due to its remoteness, Ruaha is completely wild, unspoiled, and uninhabited
* Exceptional biodiversity: Located in a transitional zone where eco-regions meet, Ruaha hosts a high diversity of species
* High concentrations of elephants and buffalos: encounter large herds of elephants and buffalos, two of Africa’s Big Five
* Dramatic scenery: features stunning landscapes – rocky hills, Ruaha river, and grasslands dotted with baobab and acacia trees
* Remote & uncrowded: this lesser-known Tanzanian safari destination is one of the hidden gems offering a secluded wilderness experience
* Extraordinary predator sightings: Ruaha hosts large populations of lions, cheetahs, and African wild dogs as well as sizeable leopard and hyena populations
Ruaha National Park 1 Day Safari Prices
1 Day Ruaha Safari from Iringa Safari Package includes:
Packed lunch Box + Bottled water + All Entrance Fees to Ruaha National Park and Taxes + Return transport from Ruaha + Services of our Professional driver guide + Hotel in Iringa pickup and drop-off + Game drive in Ruaha National Park + Bottled water while on safari
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged
3 to 12 Years
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* You have the option to visit a Masai village or the Barbaig tribe
* Visit the largest national park in East Africa and enjoy a game drive in a 4WD customized safari vehicle with a professional and experienced guide
* Best Time to Visit Ruaha: The dry season is the best time to visit Ruaha in terms of wildlife viewing. The dry season is from June to October making this the best time to go on a Ruaha Safari. Animals are easier to spot because the bush thins out and wildlife concentrates around trusted water sources. The shoulder seasons are also a good time to visit. The two shoulder seasons are May and November to December
1 Day Ruaha Safari from Iringa Safari Package includes:
* International Airfare
* Accommodations in Iringa Town
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps, and airports
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such as traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes, and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, and wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary