Rwanda Traditional Drumming and Dancing Class | Kigali Traditional Drumming and Dancing Class | Rwanda Culture | Rwanda Traditional Dances | Rwanda Dance Music | Inganzo Ngari Dance | Umushagiriro Dance | Traditional Dance | Rwanda Modern dance | Intayoberana Cultural dance Troupe | Igishakamba Rwanda
Rwanda Traditional Drumming Dancing Class tour gives you an opportunity to enjoy learning traditional drumming and dancing with your teachers. You will have fun and learn some basic dance steps and share a bit of the history of Rwandan dance.
* Led by a local guide
* All necessary equipment included
* Small group ensures personal service
* Multiple times offered throughout the day
After practicing, you will put all of the steps the expert dance instructors help you put everything together in a performance of your very own. Then the drummers will teach you some traditional beats, or you can even do a bit of freestyling of your own on the traditional drums. No experience or expertise is necessary; it is simply fun for anyone brave enough to give it a go.
Rwanda Traditional Drumming Dancing Class Itinerary
0700 Hours: Depart from Kigali after breakfast and drive to Muhanga, Southern Province.
1st Hour: Briefing and introduction of the history of dancing in Rwanda, reasons behind imitating cows’ movements.
Welcoming songs and drumming.
2nd Hour: Demonstration and coaching from Experts (Dancers), Practice for apprentices guided by experts. Here you will be taught how to move your feet, arms, the whole body. You will have short breaks and may ask as many questions as you have.
3rd Hour: Learn how to combine all your new moves into a short traditional dance. Then you can have to go to the drumming.
Conclusion: Finally, there will be an opportunity to peruse all of the beautiful, handcrafted goods on offer from our artisan partners including your hostesses! This is a wonderful way to gather gifts and souvenirs which you can be confident are fair trade and making an impact.
Duration: 3 hours
Rwanda Traditional Drumming Dancing Class Tour Prices
Rwanda Traditional Drumming Dancing Class Prices include:
Local guide + Local taxes + All activities + Bottled water & Round trip transportation from Kigali to Muhanga and back to Kigali
Price Per Person
Children 5 to 12 Years
1st January 2023
31st December 2023
Request For Rates
Request For Rates
* Be prepared to spend time in the sun
* Bring a camera or video camera if you wish: the dancers won’t mind
* Men and women will receive special traditional clothes for the dancing session
* We recommend you wear closed-toed shoes that you would be comfortable running in
* Women may want to bring a tank top to wear underneath, and men may want to wear shorts underneath
Rwanda Traditional Drumming Dancing Class Prices Exclude:
* Tips to porters and driver/ guide
* Extras at the accommodation i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.