Samatian Island Lodge Lake Baringo
Samatian Island Lodge Lake Baringo is a small and exclusive lodge set on 30 acres set on a private Island on Lake Baringo in Kenya’s Great Rift Valley. With its breathtaking views across the waters of the lake to the imposing backdrop of the Laikipia Escarpment, the island offers the perfect getaway.
The lodge is about 125 kilometers with an additional 20 minutes boat ride from Nakuru town. Nairobi is about a 4-hour drive from the lodge. The beauty of Baringo is legendary, with its spectacular sunsets, dazzling array of bird life, and the Njemps fishermen continuing a traditional lifestyle.
Lake Baringo is also a Ramsar site, having been recognized internationally as a vitally important wetland. Samatian Island offers guests the ultimate relaxation in magical surroundings.
Samatian Island Lodge Lake Baringo comprises 3 airy, open-plan, en-suite thatched rooms. 2 rooms are family units with a partitioned bedroom, verandah, sitting room, and bathroom. Samatian is run as a small family self-catered homestay, ideally for 3 couples or up to 12 people if sharing in family rooms.
Exclusively yours with a breezy Mess with Bar area, 4 spacious rooms with views across the lake. Guests can enjoy their meals in alfresco on the well-manicured lawns or on the deck. The well-stocked bar serves a variety of alcoholic and soft drinks.
There is a seating area that has a library and is an ideal venue to relax and unwind. Close by the dining area is an outdoor swimming pool. All bedding, mosquito nets, towels, loo paper, soap, firewood, and charcoal are provided at the Island.
Activities in Samatian Island Lodge Lake Baringo include; boat trips to view the prolific birdlife of Baringo (over 500 species) as well as crocodile & hippo, fishing, bird walks, nature walks, village visits, and sundowners, Kayak around the island, visit the Ruko Conservancy as well as trips to visit the local Njemps or Pokot tribes.
Samatian Island Lodge Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
2023 Accommodation Rates Per Night Include:
Accommodation on Self Catering (Bring your own food and drink) + Team of Staff including Chef + Charcoal and Wood for Heating Cooking + Local Airstrips Transfers and Boat Transfers to the Island + Swimming Pool + Canoeing and Island Walks
|Dates To||Exclusive Use
(1 to 4 Guests)
|Additional Guest Per Person||
3rd Jan 2023
|5th Jan 2023||32,000 Kenya Shillings||7,000 Kenya Shillings||5,000 Kenya Shillings|
|6th Jan 2023||11th Apr 2023||50,000 Kenya Shillings||8,000 Kenya Shillings||
6,000 Kenya Shillings
12th Apr 2023
|19th Dec 2023||32,000 Kenya Shillings||7,000 Kenya Shillings||5,000 Kenya Shillings|
|20th Dec 2023||2nd Jan 2024||50,000 Kenya Shillings||8,000 Kenya Shillings||
6,000 Kenya Shillings
* Helicopter flights quotation on request
* Minimum 2night stay (unless on standby)
* Children under five years of age are free of charge
* Late Departure will be charged at the whole day rate
* Catered: Exclusive use Island fee of 32,000 Kenya Shillings per night + Full board fee of 25,000 Kenya Shillings per person. Included; All food and soft drinks. Alcoholic drinks can be ordered in advance on request. Island transfer in and out per group
Samatian Island Lodge Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Pokot visits
* Cellar Wines
* Premium Spirits
* Helicopter Excursions
* Lake Bogoria excursions
* Gratuities & anything of a personal nature
* Professional caterers, guides, hosts Available on request
* Extra Transfers to mainland – 4,000 Kenya Shillings per trip
* Gratuities (guideline is 1,000 – 2,000 Kenya Shillings per guest per day)
* RUKO Community Conservation Fees – 500 Kenya Shillings per person per stay
* Boat Excursions – 5,000 Kenya Shillings per boat per hour for engine running time
* Check out time on the day of departure is 9:45 unless no other guests are due on that day
* Parking Fee payable direct to the gate keeper on the main land – 500 Kenya Shillings per vehicle per day