Samburu Sopa Lodge is a 3-star family-friendly safari Accommodation located inside the Samburu National Reserve in Northern Kenya. The lodge is built atop high ground allowing panoramic views of the vastness of Samburu. Samburu Sopa is located 350 Km away from Nairobi, driving time by road takes 6 hours while the flying time takes about 1 hour from Wilson Airport to Samburu Oryx airstrip followed by a 10 minutes transfer to the Lodge.
Samburu Sopa Lodge has 30 individual guest cottages each comprising 2 rooms, forming buffalo horn patterns converging at the public facilities area, leaving the open end to the free movement of wildlife to access the waterhole. Local materials have been used in the construction, furnishings, and interior decoration.
Each guestroom is tastefully fitted with 2 queen size beds, a closet, a large dressing table, an en-suite bathroom with a shower stall, and an open-air veranda that overlooks the waterhole. The architecture blends in with the area, to keep up with the style of the housing by the local Samburu people.
There are 2 inter-connecting wheelchair-accessible rooms closest to the reception for the physically challenged. The dining area is open-air and has superb views of the landscape and of the water hole.
The dining area features traditional designs, curvaceous buffet tables, and live cooking areas with a wide selection of delicious fusions of different culinary disciplines coupled with garden-fresh fruits and vegetables. Outdoor dining is available on the terrace.
The well-stocked bar serves a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and is located against the rear wall of the lounge. There is an outdoor swimming pool tiled with various shades of blue mosaic tiles and is surrounded by a local flat stone sunbathing area.
Next to the pool are a children’s pool, outdoor shower, and sunken bar as well as views over the waterhole. Samburu Sopa Lodge has banquet facilities that provide a perfect place for conferences, gala dinners, and other corporate events.
Samburu Game reserve has a wide variety of animal and birdlife, several species are considered unique to the region including the Grevy’s zebras, Reticulated giraffes, and Vulturine guinea fowls. Lions, leopards, and cheetahs can also be found here, as can elephants, buffalos, crocodiles, and hippos.
Other mammals frequently seen in the park include Olive baboons, gerenuks, warthogs, Grant’s gazelles, Kirk’s dik-diks, impalas, waterbucks, and Beisa oryxes.
Samburu Sopa Lodge activities include sundowners, bush dinners, game drives, bird watching, guided nature walks, board games, Samburu village visits, and swimming.
Samburu Sopa Lodge Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Non-Residents Accommodation Prices Per Night Include
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To||Single Room
2nd Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||160 US Dollars||230 US Dollars||320 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||30th Jun 2023||100 US Dollars||200 US Dollars||
280 US Dollars
1st Jul 2023
|30th Sep 2023||180 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||370 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2023||23rd Dec 2023||160 US Dollars||230 US Dollars||
320 US Dollars
24th Dec 2023
|1st Jan 2024||180 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||
370 US Dollars
* Check-In 12 Hours
* Check-Out 1000 Hours
* Picnic Lunch 20 US Dollars
* Extra Lunch or Dinner 25 US Dollars
* Children aged 2.99 years of age stay for free
* Easter Supplement: 35 US Dollars Per Person Per Day
* Reduction for Half Board: 5 US Dollars per person per day
* Children under 3 years of age (sharing with adult/s) are free of charge
* Children are welcome. Babysitters and special meals are available on request
* 2 Children 3-16 years sharing their own room: 75% of the twin/double room rate
* Children 3-16 years sharing with 1 or 2 adults: 50% of the per-person adult twin rate
* Junior suite supplement per room: 170 US Dollars Peak Season, 120 US Dollars High Season, and 100 US Dollars Low Season
* Christmas supplement of 40 US Dollars per person will apply to all bookings on the 24th, 25th, 26th, and 31st of December and on the 1st of January
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Park Fees
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the lodge
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Transfer to and from the lodge
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance