Sasaab Lodge is a splendid luxurious tented lodge located on the 35,000-hectare Westgate Community Conservancy on the west of Samburu National Reserve. The lodge is set high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the banks of the mighty Ewaso Nyiro River and has fine views over the river and surrounding landscape. The lodge is a 6 hours drive from Nairobi, across the Equator and past Mount Kenya, into the Northern Frontier District. By air, the camp is 1.5 hour flight from Nairobi into Samburu National Reserve, Buffalo Springs, and then a 1 ½ hour drive through Samburu Game Reserve to Sasaab lodge with a game drive on the way.
Sasaab Lodge has 9 suites all over 100 meters squared. Suites 8 and 9 are joined and share a private plunge pool. All other rooms have their own private plunge pool. Each cottage is lavishly fitted with 4 poster bed(s), a fan, a mosquito net, an in-room safe, a private plunge pool, and an enormous open-air bathroom with double vanity and an undercover, open-sided shower with a view.
The cuisine at Sasaab Lodge Samburu is impeccable, using only the freshest ingredients from their own vegetable garden. Guest can enjoy their meals in the dining tent or al-fresco. The lodge has also a main swimming pool, built on the hillside overlooking the river where guests can relax in the hot afternoons.
There is a Spa that also offers enough room for yoga and palates classes.
Sasaab offers a true wilderness experience with excursions into the famous Samburu Reserve known for its large herds of elephants and the endangered Grevy Zebra.
Sasaab Lodge Activities include guided nature walks, bird watching, day trips to Samburu Reserve, Mountain biking, Camel riding, cultural excursions, sundowners, star gazing, game drives, camel rides, bush dinners, bush breakfasts, Samburu village visits, and fly camping.
Children under the wings of the local Samburu guides will learn how to make a traditional bow and arrow or a toothbrush from the ‘toothbrush tree’.
Sasaab Lodge Samburu Non-Resident Prices
Sasaab Lodge Samburu Non-Residents Accommodation Prices Per Night Include:
Airstrip transfers, game drives + guided bush walks + camel walks + fly camping (by prior arrangement only and can sometimes + involve the exclusive hire of a vehicle at 406 US Dollars per day) + all meals + house wines, house soft drinks, house beers, house spirits + laundry + bush meals + school/ clinic/ village/ market visits and sundowners
|Dates To||Single Room
|Per Child Rate
3 to 11 Years
Rate Per Child Sharing in an Extra Bed
6th Jan 2023
|31st May 2023||1,250 US Dollars||1,800 US Dollars||630 US Dollars||420 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2023||31st Oct 2023||1,780 US Dollars||2,500 US Dollars||870 US Dollars||
660 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|15th Dec 2023||1,250 US Dollars||1,800 US Dollars||630 US Dollars||420 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2023||5th Jan 2024||1,780 US Dollars||2,500 US Dollars||870 US Dollars||
660 US Dollars
* Babysitters are available on request
* There is wifi throughout the property
* Children aged 2 years and under stay free of charge
* This property is bookable for a minimum number of two nights
* Sasaab is closed from 16 November to 30 November 2023 inclusive
* 4 Days 3 Nights Kenya Helicopter Flying Safari Package | Click Here
* Christmas Supplement Per Person Per Night 23 December 2023– 01 January 2024 Inclusive 65 US Dollars
Non-Residents Prices Per Night Exclude:
* Road transfers
* Personal effects
* Extras activities
* Health insurance
* Extra Lunch – 46 US Dollars
* Parks and conservation fees
* Treatments in Sasaab Lodge
* Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines
* Exclusive Use of Vehicle Per Day – 450 US Dollars per day
* Quad bike excursions – 35 US Dollars Per person per hour
* Samburu Park Fees & Westgate Conservation Fees – 145 US Dollars per adult and 78 US Dollars per child)
* Samburu Cultural Experience (With prior arrangement at the discretion of the local community, subject to weather.) – 40 Per person, a minimum of 10 guests