Semliki Safari Lodge is a secluded and intimate lodge situated in the Semliki Wildlife Reserve in the heart of the Albertine Rift Valley. The reserve is bordered by the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and Lake Albert. Previously known as the Toro-Semliki Game Reserve, Semliki Wildlife Reserve is the oldest protected area in Uganda.
By Road: Semliki is approximately 6 hours from Kampala and 1.5 hours from Fort Portal. By Air: Scheduled flights take approximately 2 hours and fly into Semliki Airstrip (very near to the lodge). The closest Major Airport is Entebbe.
Semliki Safari Lodge accommodates a maximum of only 18 guests in eight spacious en-suite safari tents. Each is well-appointed ensuring both privacy and fantastic rift valley views. The main lodge is perched on a hill overlooking the riverine valley with the Rwenzori Mountains in the distance.
A large dining area, plush seating with stunning views, and unique traditional art are the main features of the lodge. There is also a patio bar and a swimming pool area that includes a breezy shaded lounge and superb forest views, perfect for passing a lazy afternoon.
Staying under canvas is one of the most romantic and exciting things to do on safari in Africa. You hear the sounds, you feel the wind, and you smell the rain before it comes. But this isn’t roughing it either: the tents are protected by a thick thatch roof and feature en-suite bathrooms, hot showers, and double vanities.
Activities available fromSemliki Safari Lodge include day and night game drives, guided bush walks, boat trips on Lake Albert, jungle walks, bird watching, hiking, fishing, Sempaya Hot Springs, and Batwa cultural interactions. Guests can also join resident chimpanzee researchers on guided chimp walks to assist them with their research.
For safari game drives, venture to Semliki Wildlife Reserve in search of forest buffalo, forest and savannah elephants, warthog, Uganda kob, crocodile, warthog, waterbuck, Pygmy hippo, the elusive leopard, shy bushbabies, and lions.
The birdlife is also unique in that the reserve is graced with both southern and northern migrants, and the wetlands teem with birds, including the rare and hard-to-find shoebill which nests in the shallows of Lake Albert.
Semliki Safari Lodge Accommodation Rates
Semliki Safari Lodge Uganda Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + Non-premium brands drinks + Bed Night Fees + Local airstrip transfers + 2 game activities per day (drive/walk)+Laundry+Sundowners (Excluding Premium Drinks) + Inclusive of Value Added Tax. All rates are subject to change without prior notification due to factors such as Government levies, taxes, fuel increases, or levies of whatever nature
|Safari Standard Tents||Safari Suite Tents|
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
11th Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||800 US Dollars||1,200 US Dollars||1,130 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||31st May 2023||480 US Dollars||900 US Dollars||660 US Dollars||
1,200 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||800 US Dollars||1,200 US Dollars||1,130 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||30th Sep 2023||900 US Dollars||1,350 US Dollars||1,250 US Dollars||
1,750 US Dollars
1st Oct 2023
|31st Oct 2023||800 US Dollars||1,200 US Dollars||1,130 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||30th Nov 2023||480 US Dollars||900 US Dollars||660 US Dollars||
1,200 US Dollars
1st Dec 2023
|5th Jan 2023||800 US Dollars||1,200 US Dollars||1,130 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
* Check-in time is 12:00 pm
* Day-room 50% on per-person rates
* Check-out time is 10:00 am. Late check-out may be granted at a fee or depending on the occupancy on a given date
* Extra lunch – 30 US Dollars
* Extra dinner – 45 US Dollars
* Packed Lunch – 25 US Dollars
* Children’s meals (5-12 years) 50% on per person rates
* Infants below the age of 5 years – free of charge
* Child 5-18 years sharing – pay 50% of the adult rate
* 2 children or more sharing – the first child will be charged at adult sharing and others at children’s rates
* 1 or 2 children 5 up to 18 years sharing with 1 adult – adult at the single room rate and children pay rates indicated
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Premium brand drinks
* Additional activities and related costs
* Vehicle Entrance Fees are paid separately
* Semliki Wildlife Reserve, park fees – Adult – 35 US Dollars while children aged 5-15 years – 5 US Dollars
All extra activities;
* Private L.Albert boat cruise – 390 US Dollars
* Chimpanzee Research Experience – 60 US Dollars
* Scheduled L.Albert boat cruise (Daily @ 07.00 AM | Minimum of 2 people- 2 hours) – 55 US Dollars