Serengeti Serena Lodge
Serengeti Serena Lodge is in the Serengeti National Park, (330 km/205 miles) from Arusha.
Transfers by road from Arusha take approximately 8 Hours and a 60 minutes flight to Seronera Airstrip which is 30 Kilometers away from the lodge
Serengeti Serena Lodge; Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge is set high on a hill with breathtaking vistas of sweeping grasslands and the unspoiled wilderness landscape of the Serengeti plains. Serengeti Serena Lodge is in the Serengeti National Park, (330 kilometers/ 205 miles) from Arusha.
Transfers by road from Arusha take approximately 8 Hours and a 60 minutes flight to Seronera Airstrip which is 30 Kilometers away from the lodge. Big game feed in full view of the lodge, and the circular bar and ‘vanishing horizon’ swimming pool look down over the savannah, where the million wildebeest migration takes place in May.
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge features thickly-thatched, stone-built rooms, spaciously set amongst groves of indigenous trees. From the overall impression to the smallest detail, Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge is rich in the local atmosphere created by indigenous handicrafts and art.
A water feature runs through the main public areas, creating a natural source of waterborne plants and providing a home to many indigenous species of reptiles, amphibians, and birds. Inspired by a traditional African village, separate rondavel ‘huts’ house the 66 luxury guest rooms at Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge. The uniquely crafted bedroom units maximize the use of local materials in order to blend with their surroundings. The grass capping of the roofs comes from locally occurring (but outside of the Serengeti Park) savannah grass.
Each bedroom has its own self-contained private shower room, toilet, and wildwood balcony with views across the Serengeti plains. Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge rooms feature natural stone bathrooms, rope-lashed staircases, leopard-print drapes, and intricately carved furniture.
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge’s circular dining room is embellished with ‘Makonde’ carvings. The cuisine features time-honored safari favorites, local specialties, and internationally-themed dishes. Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge facilities include laundry, valet, babysitting, children’s menus, and internet connectivity.
A nurse is on call 24 hours a day. Beauty treatments, hairdressing, and massage are available, and a gift shop and boutique are available.
Serengeti Serena Lodge Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Serengeti Serena Lodge Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night include;
Accommodation on Full Board Basis
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2023
|31st Jan 2023||350 US Dollars||580 US Dollars||810 US Dollars||920 US Dollars|
|1st Feb 2023||28th Feb 2023||430 US Dollars||715 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||
1,050 US Dollars
1st Mar 2023
|31st Mar 2023||280 US Dollars||420 US Dollars||590 US Dollars||830 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||31st May 2023||190 US Dollars||350 US Dollars||480 US Dollars||
730 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||350 US Dollars||580 US Dollars||810 US Dollars||920 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||430 US Dollars||715 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||
1,050 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|21st Dec 2023||430 US Dollars||715 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||430 US Dollars|
22nd Dec 2023
|31st Dec 2023||430 US Dollars||715 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||
1,050 US Dollars
* Lunch 20 US Dollars
* Dinner 25 US Dollars
* Picnic Lunch 15 US Dollars
* Park fees not included in the rates
* Easter Holiday Supplement – 50 US Dollars Per Person Per Day
* Christmas Holiday Supplement – 50 US Dollars Per Person Per Day
* Children under 1.99 Years may share a room with an adult free of charge
* Rooms should be vacated by 1000 Hours on the scheduled departure date
* Rooms are available for new arrivals from 1100 Hours on the scheduled arrival date
* Young adults ages 13 to 17 years are charged 75% of the per-person adult twin rate
* Please note that guests arriving at the lodge by air transfers should be booked by African Spice Safaris
* Children sharing a room with adults ages 3-12 years are charged 50% of the per-person adult twin rate
* Children and young adults ages 13 to 17 years are charged 75% of the per-person adult rate when occupying their own room
Serengeti Serena Lodge Bio
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge Rooms and Suites
Each charmingly presented room is accommodated in a two-story (one up, one down) stone-built, traditionally-thatched ‘Rondavel’. Looking out over the plains, each has its own private balcony, private entrance, spacious bedroom, natural stone bathroom, and intricately carved furniture. Room facilities include:
* Telephone and WiFi
* Bathrobe and slippers
* 24-hour medical service
* Mineral water and toiletries
* Snacks and drinks room service
* Children’s meals, beds, babysitting
* Safe and hairdryers (from reception)
* Laundry, valet, and shoeshine services
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge Suite
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge suite offers a spacious bedroom luxuriously appointed with a king-sized double bed with a walk-in mosquito net, sumptuous furnishings, a dressing area, and a marble en suite bathroom.
The elegantly appointed sitting room, meanwhile, enjoys panoramic views and is tastefully and relaxing furnished while offering: a fully stocked mini-bar, digital multi-channel TV, and direct dial telephone. 24-hour room service is available and fruit and wine will be laid out to welcome our guests. The suite is set slightly apart from the rest of the rooms and enjoys its own private access.
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge Activities Include:
* Bush dinners on the plains
* Atmospheric ‘Sundowners’
* A full safari breakfast, cooked in the bush
* Maisha health, beauty, and wellness facilities
* Nightly wildlife and cultural talks, videos, and film shows
* Traditional displays of dance, music, and cultural performance
* One-night stopovers at neighboring Mbuzi Mawe tented camp
* Swimming or sunbathing at our ‘vanishing horizon’ swimming pool
* Spectacular game drives around the stunning Serengeti ecosystem
* Gentle nature trails around the Lodge in the company of our resident naturalist
* Balloon safaris over the plains followed by a champagne breakfast at the bush-landing site
* A ‘Bush Barbecue’ lunch, evocatively staged on a bluff overlooking the Mbingwe Valley, the venue for the annual wildebeest migration