Shiptons Hut Mount Kenya Climbing Accommodation | Shiptons Hut in Mount Kenya | Shiptons Hut on Sirimon Route | Shiptons Hut Mt. Kenya | Shiptons Hut 4200m | Shiptons Camp Mountain Hut | Mt. Kenya Climb Sirimon | Climbing Mount Kenya
Shipton’s Hut Mount Kenya Climbing Accommodation is located just below the summit of Mount Kenya, embezzled in a world of snow-capped peaks and unique flora and fauna. Shipton’s Hut is located on the Sirimon Route and Sleeps 80 guests maximum per night. The hut offers self-catering accommodation.
Accommodation is in bunkers within the mountain hut. The camp is located at an elevation of 4200 meters and is used by most hikers on their final day before summiting Point Lenana. Here you can sleep in bunkers within the mountain hut or camp, and rest your weary legs, before embarking on the final stretch of this epic achievement.
Said to be better than Kilimanjaro, Mount Kenya towers over the northeastern side of the Great Rift Valley. Hikers will encounter an extraordinary world of alpine meadows, exotic high-altitude vegetation, sunbirds, hyrax, and soaring eagles.
Resulting in one of the most unique mountaineering experiences available.
Check-in time is 1300 Hours and the Check-out time is 1000 Hours.
Shiptons Hut Mount Kenya Climbing Accommodation Prices
Shipton’s Hut Mount Kenya Climbing Accommodation Rates Includes:
All rates are on a Self-catering Basis – per person, per night. Rates are inclusive of all taxes and service charge
|Price Per Person
|Price Per Person
|1st Jan 2023
|31st Dec 2023
|40 US Dollars
|4,000 Kenya Shillings
* Shared bathroom, Mountain views, Self-catering, Bunk beds, Single beds
* Shiptons Camp Mountain Hut is 1 kilometer from the center of Mount Kenya National Park
* Camping Sleeps 20 and includes Self-catering. Campers have access to the mountain hut’s kitchens and bathrooms
* Here you can also sleep in bunkers within the Mountain Hut. Approximately eighty guests can be accommodated at a time
* Camping next to Old Moses hut and use of hut facilities for shelter and cooking is 2,000 Kenya Shillings per person per day
Shipton’s Hut Mount Kenya Climbing Accommodation Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers Insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares, and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Camping Equipment Hire Per item per night
* Pillow – 200 Kenya Shillings
* Grill – 1,500 Kenya Shillings
* Blacket – 300 Kenya Shillings
* Mattress – 500 Kenya Shillings
* Firewood – 800 Kenya Shillings
* Utensils – 2,500 Kenya Shillings
* A tent for 47 people -2,500 Kenya Shillings