Sirai House Borana Conservancy Laikipia
Sirai House Borana Conservancy Laikipia is a magnificent private home located on (35000-acre) Borana Ranch on the Borana Conservancy Laikipia, on the lower slopes of Mount Kenya. Borana Conservancy is just 27 km north of the equator and has an average altitude of around 2 000 meters (6,560 feet).
Borana is a 4-hour drive from Nairobi and a 1-hour drive from the town of Nanyuki. There are daily scheduled flights from Nairobi Wilson Airport to the neighboring Lewa Downs Conservancy airstrip followed by a 1-hour game drive transfer to Sirai House. There is also an airstrip on the Borana Conservancy for private charter flights followed by a 20-minute drive to Sirai House.
Sirai House is available for exclusive use only. The house has 6 luxury suites spread across four cottages (sleeping 12 guests) available for booking all year round. The Master Suite and Suite 2 stand alone while Suites 3 and 4 are linked by a sitting room, as are Suites 5 and 6, making them ideal for families. Four of the rooms can be configured as a double or a twin.
The minimum stay is 3 nights. The numerous verandas and terraced lawns surrounding the house offer an extensive choice of venues for al fresco meals or sundowners, complemented by the heated infinity pool, lounge, bar, and dining area, with views stretching across the plains to the hills beyond.
The house has various recreational facilities amongst them: a tennis court, croquet lawn, boules pitch, table tennis, and billiards tables, and a luxurious spa retreat for moments of contemplation and relaxation.
If you want to stay connected to the outside world, there is a cinema with a vast array of new releases and classic films, a Sonos sound system in every room, and a fiber-optic communications system with wi-fi available throughout.
Borana is home to the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, rhino), cheetah, giraffe, Grevy’s zebra, wildebeest, wild dog, hyaena, baboon, oryx, impala, and eland (to name a few) plus diverse and abundant birdlife.
Sirai House activities include flying safaris (helicopter, light aircraft, or bi-plane), trout fishing; forest walkway, and platform viewing at Ngare Ndare Forest; visits to the adjacent Lewa Downs Wildlife Conservancy; community enterprise and cultural Maasai village visits.
Sirai is also home to a stable of beautiful horses and operates as a working stud. Guest are able to enjoy game drives in 4 x 4 open-sided Land Rovers and walking safaris with experienced guides.
Sirai House Borana Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Accommodation Prices
Sirai House Borana Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Rates Include;
Exclusive use of the house including all amenities and facilities + bespoke, all-suite accommodation + all meals, whether served at home or in the bush + all beverages; including house wines (personally selected by the owners from around the world), spirits and liqueurs + Sonos music system and high-speed wi-fi in every room + comprehensive DVD library, in-house cinema + table tennis, billiards, tennis & a fully equipped gym + spa retreat with steam room, plunge pool and aqua spa + full laundry and butler service + babysitting facilities for children + open Land Rover 4×4 safaris and guided wilderness walks + wilderness trail running accompanied by local athletes +road transfers from the Borana, Lewa or Nanyuki airstrips + hilltop sunset cocktails + contribution to the Borana Ranch community and conservation projects and all local taxes
|Dates From||Dates To||Exclusive use Night
(Up to 6 Guests)
|Extra Cost Per
Person Per Night
(up to 12 guests)
|Children between the age
of 6 to 12 years
|1st Jan 2023||31st Dec 2023||12,000 US Dollars||1,800 US Dollars||800 US Dollars|
* Minimum stay is 3 nights
* Children between the age of 0 and 5 years of age are complimentary
* Please also factor in a recommended gratuity of 50 US Dollars per guest per day
* Children of all ages are welcome and bookings are subject to availability. In the interest of safety, participation of children in any game activities is at the discretion of their guide
Sirai House Borana Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Rates Exclude:
* Air transfers
* Staff gratuities
* Spa treatments
* Studio purchases
* Premier cellar wines and champagnes
* Riding safaris accompanied by experienced guides
* Borana/Lewa conservancy fees 115 US Dollars per adult per day and 53 US Dollars per child per day
* Helicopter fishing trips, wilderness camping, quad biking & buggies, paragliding, canopy walks, and natural pools
* The minimum stay is 3 nights. Bookings for less than 6 guests are welcome with the minimum booking cost of 6 guests
* Children of all ages are welcome, in the interest of safety, participation of children in any game activities is at the discretion of their guide
* Cultural visits – available on request
* Horse Riding – 80 US Dollars per person
* Helicopter Excursions – available on request
* Quad Biking and Star Camp – available on request
* Ngare Ndare Forest and Blue Pools – 50 US Dollars per person
* Late Departure Fee (Available on request) – 100 US Dollars per person
* In House Covid-19 PCR Tests (TT Approved) – 100 US Dollars per person
* Lewa Wildlife Conservancy – 210 US Dollars per adult per day & 105 US Dollars per child