Siwandu Camp Nyerere National Park Tanzania | Siwandu Camp Accommodation Rates | Siwandu Safari Camp | Siwandu Camp Room Rates | Selous Game Reserve Accommodation | Affordable Accommodation in Nyerere National Park | Luxury Lodges in Nyerere | Nyerere (Selous) Camps & Lodges| Nyerere National Park Hotels Lodges & Camps Tanzania
Siwandu Tented Camp formerly Selous Safari Camp is a luxury camp set on the shores of Lake Nzerakera, part of the watery byways of the Rufiji River. Siwandu is perfectly situated to experience fully the breathtaking landscape and abundant wildlife of the Nyerere National Park.
The camp has 10 spacious octagonal tents of canvas and secure mosquito netting, topped in thatch, which not only allows for constant airflow but also enables guests to gaze upon the animals as they saunter past. Broadly spaced along the lakeshore, Siwandu’s superbly-appointed accommodation ensures maximum privacy and invites you to soak up the sights and sounds of Nyerere National Park.
From either of the wooden-decked verandas, sit with a cup of tea at sunrise, watching the bush come to life, or relax with a gin and tonic as the bush blushes under the sunset. The camp has a majestic king-sized bed, overhead fan, open-air stargazer, solar-heated showers & en-suite bathrooms.
The elevated lounge and dining area, offer panoramic views across the lake as you enjoy a drink from our well-stocked bar or sample our chef’s fine cuisine. There is an outdoor pool and recline on the sun lounger for the perfect “armchair safari”.
Siwandu can also be booked exclusively in its entirety. This option is perfect for a large group, multi-generational party, photographic group, or families with young children. The Private Camp allows exclusive use of vehicles and boats as well as its own manager and guides.
Create your very own home-away-from-home in the heart of the African bush with your own private swimming pool, lounge, bar, and dining area.
Activities available from Siwandu Tented Camp include; game drives, game walks, Swimming, and boat cruises. From either of the wooden-decked verandas, sit with a cup of tea at sunrise, watching the bush come to life, or relax with a gin and tonic as the bush blushes under the sunset.
Nyerere has over 2,100 species of plants, in excess of 400 varieties of birds, more than half of Tanzania’s elephant population, and over 120,000 buffalos. The Park’s 40,000 hippos and 4,000 lions are probably the largest populations on the continent; not to mention the fact that it is home to the planet’s largest population of rare wild dogs.
Siwandu Camp Nyerere National Park Tanzania Accommodation Rates
Siwandu Camp Nyerere National Park Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + Activities on a shared basis in bush camps + Game drives in Siwandu, bush walk & boat trips in Siwandu (*third party fees excluded on activities); Scheduled road transfers to/from the airstrips, Local beverages (except cocktails, champagne & premium brands) + Basic laundry & Value Added Tax of 18%
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jun 2022
|31st May 2023||750 US Dollars||1,400 US Dollars||250 US Dollars|
|1st Jun 2023||31st May 2024||800 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars||
380 US Dollars
* Private vehicle per day – 450 US Dollars
* Fishing in Siwandu at a fee of – 30 US Dollars per person
* Park fees- 82.60 US Dollars & Child- 23.60 US Dollars Per Day
* Bush walks in Siwandu – 55 US Dollars per person (1 to 4-hour walk)
* Concession fees – 70.80 US Dollars & Child- 11.80 US Dollars Per Day
* Tourism Department Levy – 6.80 US Dollars & Child- 3.40 US Dollars
* Boating or pontoon lunch at Siwandu at a fee of – 24 US Dollars per person
* A mandatory supplement of 15 US Dollars per person per stay is added for emergency evacuation. All guests MUST have personal travel and medical insurance
* The minimum age is 6 years
* Children under 16 years are not permitted to walk or fly camp due to safety reasons
* The child rate applies to all under 19 years of sharing with an adult or another child
* Only available to a third person under 19 years and will be charged the applicable rate and are subject to availability
* A child occupying a single room will be charged the full rate; Child park entry and concession fees only apply to those under 16 years
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Village Fees
* Private vehicle
* Concession Fees
* Reserve & Park entry fees
* Medical Evacuation cover
* Transfers beyond our airstrips
* Bush walks, boating, pontoon lunch, and fishing third-party activity park fees