Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu
Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu is a small luxury permanent accommodation facility nestled in the lush lawns on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro a river in Kenya’s famous Samburu National Reserve, in a rugged landscape with a backdrop of jagged mountains. The camp is named after Erik Ole Larsen, a legendary Dane credited with defining the luxury safari under canvas.
The camp is located 350 km from Nairobi and driving time is approximately 5 hours. The scheduled flight from Nairobi to Samburu Game Reserve takes about 1.5 hours followed by a few minutes of transfers to the camp.
Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu has 20 free-standing luxurious tented accommodations each with a private balcony. All tents are discreetly sited along the west bank of the Uaso Nyiro River with the result that the tents are bathed with light at sunrise.
Understated classic safari elegance is the order of the day: hurricane lamps, wooden floors, and oriental rugs make the rooms cozy and comfortable. Elephants bathing in the river can be seen from the private deck of the tent or from the cool comfort of the dining tent while birds, vervet monkeys, and dik-diks wander freely around the camp.
Each tent stands on a plinth of natural stone and all have en suite private bathrooms stocked with a range of Molton Brown toiletries, flushing toilets, constant hot water, and 24-hour electricity (240 volts). Larsens Safari Camp tents all feature 1 king or 2 twin beds designed in chic safari style.
Meals are served as guests watch elephants wade in the river and giraffes meander along the opposite river bank while they dine alfresco. The camp also has a spacious pool where guests soak up the sun on the comfortable lounge chairs, or unwind after a long game drive with a soak in the jacuzzi or the serene spa.
Samburu National Reserve is an arid, wild, and little-visited region, well known for its spectacular scenery and wildlife not found in the south: the elegant reticulated giraffe, the rare Grevy’s zebra with its large furry ears, the gerenuk antelope that stands on its hind legs to feed, and Somali ostriches with their distinctive blue legs.
Samburu is also home to elephants, cheetahs, leopards, eland, oryx, impala, dik dik, waterbuck, and birds… all cavorting on the red and green earth, beneath the lapis sky. With African Spice Safaris you are guaranteed a memorable stay at the Samburu.
Larsens Camp Samburu Activities Include; game drives, bird walks, sundowners, swimming, Gala Dinners, indoor/outdoor spa, bush walks, etc.
Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu Non-Residents Accommodation
Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu Accommodation Non-Resident Rates Include;
Accommodation on a full board Basis, all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) but can also include picnic meals, water, soft drinks, local beers, house wines, vodka and gin, selected spirits, a selection of afternoon tea/coffee with cookies/cake, mineral water in the tents and during meals, campfire nibbles pre-dinner, activities for children
|Dates To||Single Tent
Family Tent: 2 Adults & 2 Children
1st Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Apr 2023||31st May 2023||Closed||Closed||
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||650 US Dollars||880 US Dollars||
1,550 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|19th Dec 2023||540 US Dollars||750 US Dollars||1,300 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||3rd Jan 2024||650 US Dollars||880 US Dollars||
1,550 US Dollars
* Extra meal – 30 US Dollars
* 2 Nights minimum for peak season
* Rates DO NOT include park entrance fees
* Discounted game package rate available on request
* Above rates are on full board and inclusive of vat and service charge per night
* Rates are based on full board accommodation in standard rooms and are inclusive of taxes
* Children below 2 years of age stay free of charge
* Children (2-11 years) pay 60% if sharing with 2 adults
* 50% rate applicable for the third child in the family tent
* 2 children in their own tent pay 75% of the adult rate each
* Young adults (12-16) in the family tent pay the full adult rate
Christmas Supplement & New years Supplement
* Christmas Supplement applicable on 24th, 25th, 26th December – 40 US Dollars per person per night & 25 US Dollars per child per night
* New years Supplement Applicable on 31st December & 01st January – 50 US Dollars per person per night & 30 US Dollars per child per night
Activities, excursions, and extras
* Extra Lunch – 50 US Dollars per person
* Packed Lunch – 45 US Dollars per person
* Exclusive use of vehicle – 450 US Dollars per day
* Bush Dinner – (minimum 2 People) – 90 US Dollars per person
* Bush breakfast – (minimum 2 People) – 85 US Dollars per person
* Samburu village visit – (minimum 4 People – 50 US Dollars per person
* Inter-camp transfer from/to Ashnil – 250 US Dollars per vehicle one-way
* Day Excursion to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary – 450 US Dollars per vehicle
* Inter-camp transfer from/to Saruni/Sasaab – 350 US Dollars per vehicle one-way
* Transfer from Kalama/Oryx Airstrip (minimum 2 people) – 90 US Dollars Per person
Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu Resident Accommodation Rates
Soroi Larsens Camp Samburu Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation inclusive of all meals + Filtered water, coffee, and teas & Activities for children under 12 years
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
1st Jul 2023
|31st Oct 2023||34,000 Kenya Shillings||53,000 Kenya Shillings|
|1st Nov 2023||19th Dec 2023||Request for Rates||
Request for Rates
20th Dec 2023
|3rd Jan 2024||34,000 Kenya Shillings||
53,000 Kenya Shillings
* Easter, Christmas, and New Year supplements apply
* Drinks supplement – 3,500 Kenya Shillings per person per day
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Park fees
* Extra meals
* Transport to/ from Camp & any game activities
* Gratuities & tips, and items of personal nature
* premium drinks, spirits, whiskies, private cellar wines, and champagne