Sosian Lodge Laikipia is an intimate and homely safari lodge in the middle of the Laikipia plateau set on Sosian – a 24,000-acre private ranch and conservancy on the equator at 5700 feet. The lodge is 80 km from Nanyuki town, in West Laikipia. There are daily scheduled flights to/from Nairobi to Loisaba and Nanyuki airstrips (Sosian will transfer to/from both, at extra cost). Private charters (Sosian has its own airstrip 10 minutes from the lodge). Sosian Lodge is 5 hours by road from Nairobi (4×4 recommended). The lodge offers activities such as Day & night game drives, Bush breakfasts/brunches, dinners, and sundowners, Camel treks, Walking, River Kayaking, Tubing, and Waterfall jumping, Horse riding, Guided walks, Camel treks, Fly camping (without horses), Fishing, Cattle Ranching activities, Sosian community project, School, Clinic visits, and Swimming pool & tennis court
Sosian lodge is a farmhouse is located in Sosian Ranch, a privately owned 24,000-acre private wildlife and cattle ranch in the heart of Laikipia, Kenya, overlooking Mount Kenya miles of the unspoiled African bush. The lodge is located about 80 km from Nanyuki town.
Scheduled flights land at Nanyuki airstrip from Nairobi and the flying time is about 1 hour 15 minutes followed by a 3 hours road transfer to the Lodge. Charter flights can land either at Sosian Private Airstrip (a five-minute transfer to the lodge) or Loisaba Airstrip (1½ hours road transfer to the lodge). Driving time from Nairobi to Sosian Lode takes about 4 ½ hours.
The main house provides classic elegance with a dining room, sitting room, bar, and billiards room with an expansive wrap-around veranda, offering undisturbed views of the bush beyond. The bedrooms (8 in total) are spaced out across the lodge gardens (the Italian Cottage, The Family Cottage, and Garden Cottages).
Italian Cottage having been built by Italian artisans post-war, is set apart from the other cottages, with its own private garden. The large bedroom with a king-size double bed and an airy en-suite bathroom.
The Family Cottage can either be a 2- or 3-bedroom unit and can also accommodate a family of up to 7 guests. This Cottage is perfect for younger families as the double and triple rooms interconnect, giving peace of mind to parents and children.
Garden Cottages are individual en-suite rooms consisting of a double room and a twin room each, making up 8 rooms in total. Each cottage has its own veranda.
Sosian Lodge has a heated pool and a shady pool house. The swimming pool is a popular place at Sosian and is the ideal way to cool off after a long & dusty game drive! With a large pool house, the lodge often lay out lunch under the cool of the thatch roof or serves up a delicious barbeque in the evenings.
Guests may enjoy their meals in the dining room, on the riverbank, by the pool, picnic spots, alfresco, or on the lodge veranda whilst enjoying the view of the gardens or under the African stars in the bush around a campfire.
Sosian Lodge Activities Include: Day and night game drives, bush meals, sundowners, fly camping, Horse riding, Camel treks, Bush walks, Fishing, River kayaking, tubing and waterfall jumping, Cattle ranching, Swimming pool & tennis court
Guests may also enjoy cattle ranching, river kayaking, tubing, and waterfall jumping. The lodge features a ‘Kenya style’ tennis court with extensive views across the valley.
Sosian Lodge Non -Residents Accommodation Prices
Non-Residents Accommodation & Game drives Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + All drinks (except Champagne) + Day & night game drives + Horse riding + Guided walks + Camel treks + Fly camping (without horses) + Fishing + Ranching activities + Sosian community project, school and clinic visits + Sosian airstrip transfers & Laundry
|Dates To||Single Room
|Per Child Sharing
(4 – 11) Years
|Per Teen Sharing
(12 – 17) Years
1st Nov 2022
|19th Dec 2022||670 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||380 US Dollars||6,900 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2022||5th Jan 2022||930 US Dollars||1,350 US Dollars||350 US Dollars||500 US Dollars||
9,300 US Dollars
6th Jan 2023
|28th Feb 2023||740 US Dollars||1,050 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||430 US Dollars||7,700 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2023||30th Apr 2023||670 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||380 US Dollars||
6,900 US Dollars
1st May 2023
|31st May 2023||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|1st Jun 2023||30th Jun 2023||740 US Dollars||1,050 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||430 US Dollars||
7,700 US Dollars
1st Jul 2023
|31st Aug 2023||850 US Dollars||1,250 US Dollars||330 US Dollars||470 US Dollars||8,500 US Dollars|
|1st Sep 2023||31st Oct 2023||740 US Dollars||1,050 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||430 US Dollars||
7,700 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|19th Dec 2023||670 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||260 US Dollars||380 US Dollars||6,900 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||5th Jan 2024||930 US Dollars||1,350 US Dollars||350 US Dollars||500 US Dollars||
9,300 US Dollars
* Check-in at 11 am. Check out at 10 am
* Sosian Lodge remains Closed on the month of May
* Child 0 -3 years – Accommodation and Conservancy fee-free of charge
* 8 Days 7 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari to Laikipia & Masai Mara | Click Here
* NB. Conservancy Fees are subject to change and will be charged at the prevailing rate
* The lodge can be booked on an exclusive basis for up to 16 guests (Rates as quoted above)
Sosian Lodge Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Excludes:
* Conservation Fees Adult per night – 130 US Dollars
* Conservation Fees Teen per night – 100 US Dollars
* Conservation Fees Child per night – 65 US Dollars
* Exclusive use of the vehicle – 400 US Dollars per vehicle per day
* Nanyuki airstrip transfer (one way): 250 US Dollars per vehicle (6-seater)
* For the guaranteed exclusive use of a vehicle: 350 US Dollars per vehicle per day
* Nanyuki Airstrip transfer (2 hours one way) – 280 US Dollars per vehicle (6-seater)
* Extra lunch: 60 US Dollars per adult, 40 US Dollars per teen, 30 US Dollars per child
* Overnight fly camp with Horses – 150 US Dollars per rider per night and must be pre-booked
* Late departure (after 12 pm) includes morning activities and lunch: Adults 60 US Dollars, Teens 40 US Dollars & 30 US Dollars
* Loisaba Airstrip transfer (50 minutes one way) – 130 US Dollars per vehicle (7-seater) Includes 50 US Dollars Loisaba entrance fee