Stegra Hotel Turkana | Stegra Hotel Rates | Turkana Hotels | Flights to Lodwar | Lodwar Hotels | Turkana Accommodation | Turkana Budget Hotels | Lodwar Budget Accommodation | Lodwar town Hotels | Turkana Hotels | Stegra Hotel Accommodation Prices | Stegra Hotel Rates | Affordable Accommodation in Turkana | Best Hotels in Turkana
Stegra Hotel Turkana is a 3 Star hotel located 10 meters away from the main Kitale-Lodwar road in Kanamkemer, Lodwar Town. The hotel is located 10 minutes’ drive from Lodwar Airport.
The hotel has 74 stunning and unique rooms comprising of executive rooms and deluxe rooms. Each room is fitted with telephone, satellite TV, mosquito net, power sockets, air conditioning, spacious cabinet with key and en-suite bathroom.
There are 2 restaurants; Ankara Restaurant and Jacob’s corner. The Ankara Restaurant can comfortably accommodate 84 guests and serves fresh and scrumptious meals within a few minutes after order. Jacob’s corner is the walk-in clients’ special restaurant and serves guests who may be on a lunch break, quick meeting, and late evening catch-up kind.
The hotel has 2 bars; The bean and Nawii. The bean is attached to the Ankara Restaurant for clients who want to wine and dine. There is a smoking area available and a front yard balcony that provides fresh air in an out of the bar.
Nawii is the outside bar just 5 meters away from Jacob’s corner and has 3 spacious sheds with dim lights. There is a dancing floor, fitted with disco light but still allows you to watch the clear skies and enjoy the cool breeze of Turkana that come with night. Both bars serve a variety of drinks from cocktails, beer, hard liquor, or non-alcoholic drinks
Stegra Hotel Turkana has 2 conference rooms that can accommodated between 60 – 200 guests. The facilities are well equipped with projectors, air conditioning, power sockets and white boards to make any meeting more practical. There is a well-manicured lawn that is ideal for graduation ceremonies, weddings, re-unions or a birthday party.
Stegra Hotel Turkana Activities Include: boats-rides, sports-fishing, film nights, sundowners and swimming. Guests can also take daytrips to Eliye Springs, Lake Turkana, Mount. Lodwar, Loiyangalani Desert Museum, Turkana Boy Skeleton Monument, Sibiloi National Park among others.
Stegra Hotel Turkana Accommodation Prices
Stegra Hotel Turkana Accommodation Includes
All our rooms are en-suite and fitted with a TV, power sockets, mosquito nets, A/C, Wi-Fi & luxurious beds and spacious cabinet for your comfort
|Single Room (1 Guest)||
Double Room(2 Guest)
Bed & Breakfast
|5,500 Kenya Shillings||
6,000 Kenya Shillings
|Half Board||7,500 Kenya Shillings||
8,000 Kenya Shillings
|Full Board||9,000 Kenya Shillings||
9,500 Kenya Shillings
* Full Day Conference – 3,500 Kenya Shillings per person per day
* Half Day Conference – 3,000 Kenya Shillings per person per day
Stegra Hotel Turkana Attractions
* Manyattas – Traditional homesteads of the Turkana people.
* Tobong’u Lore – This is an annual event that celebrates the Turkana peoples’ way of life. It means ‘go back home’.
* Lake Turkana – The longest Lake in Kenya that has survived the dessert for many years and still remain a strong source of fish for the locals.
* Statue of Jesus – Located on a hill, the Christian faithful’s may need to have a walk to the statue of Jesus that can be seen from any angle of Lodwar town
* Mt Lodwar – The locals call it a mountain as it is the largest hill there is and is known to attract prophets who come to preach the gospel as well as provide healing.
* Koobi Fora – The site with a museum lies on the eastern shores of Lake Turkana. Koobi Fora is one of the world’s leading pre-historic sites for the study of human evolution.
* Central Island – A beautiful island that came about as a result of a volcano. Central Island has three scenic crater lakes – Crocodile, Flamingo and Tilapia and an active crater.
* Sand Dunes – The sand dunes are best enjoyed in a four-wheel drive adventure to an oasis surrounded by palm trees. The dunes measure over 40 feet high with breathtaking sceneries.
* Eliye Springs – A spring on the lakeside that once had a pool that has turned to be a historic pond and is surrounded with wild trees and fresh breeze from the lake, attracts very huge numbers of fans over the holidays.
* Loiyangalani Desert Museum – The museum on a hill overlooks Lake Turkana. Opened in 2008, it focuses on the lives of the eight communities living in the area and on the natural environment in this harsh country.
* Sibiloi National Park – Dubbed “The Cradle of Mankind”. It lies on the northeastern shore of Lake Turkana with the semi-desert ecosystem. The park is waterless except for the alkaline lake. It is nonetheless rich in wildlife.
* Eliye Springs – “An oasis in the desert”. At Eliye Springs Resort time becomes timeless as every moment goes by unnoticed. This is an amazing destination to get lost in as you reconnect to you inner-self, surrounded with date palms that provide the much-desired shade.
* Turkana Boy Skeleton Monument – 1984, the world-famous Turkana boy was found in Nariokotome, a 1.5-million-year-old, near complete Homo erectus skeleton. It is the oldest ever traced stone tools with an estimated age of 3.5 million years.