Tan Swiss Lodge Mikumi Tanzania
Tan-Swiss Lodge is a 3-star lodge situated in Mikumi, 17 km from Mikumi National Park’s main gate. The lodge is conveniently located on the Dar es Salaam – Zambia/Malawi Highway, 2 Kilometers West of Mikumi-National Park.
From Dar es Salaam, it is about a 4 ½ hour drive. Only 2 Kilometers west of Mikumi National Park and is, therefore, the ideal base for safaris and also the best place for a stopover while on transit or tour.
Tan Swiss Lodge Mikumi Tanzania offers comfortable accommodation in the inviting guest house or cozy bungalows. All rooms are equipped with king-size beds, AC, TV, en suite bathrooms, and a private terrace at affordable prices.
The rooms are fully air-conditioned and equipped with mosquito nets and fans.
Tan Swiss Lodge Bungalows – For the more demanding guests, Tan Swiss Lodge Mikumi has 5 bungalows available which are very spacious and offer a separate sitting area with a tv in addition.
Tan Swiss Lodge Campsite – Tan Swiss Lodge Campsite has a very big Campsite with Toilets, hot water showers, and a fireplace.
Tan Swiss Lodge’s spacious Restaurant serves a wide range of international meals, including tasty snacks, delicious desserts, and lunch boxes for your safaris. It offers a wide range of different dishes with Tanzanian, Swiss, Chinese, Indian, and Italian food.
Tan Swiss Lodge Karibuni Bar serves cold drinks including international and local beers, and a wide variety of wines, and spirits. And while you are enjoying your meal or drink, your children can play on our nicely equipped playing ground – as there is no disturbance from outside they are absolutely safe.
The region around Mikumi has a lot to offer especially a beautiful landscape and culture. The most popular excursions are game drives in the Mikumi National Park, hiking in the Udzungwa Mountain National Park, and a visit to a Massai village.
Tan Swiss Lodge Mikumi Tanzania Accommodation Rates
2023 Tan Swiss Lodge Mikumi Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Bed & Breakfast Basis
Rate Per Night
Single Room (1 Guest)
|70 US Dollars|
Double Room (2 Guests)
80 US Dollars
Twin Room (1 double & 1 single bed) (2 Guests)
|80 US Dollars|
Triple Room (3 single beds)(3 Guests)
105 US Dollars
|95 US Dollars|
Campsite – Per Person
10 US Dollars
* Pets are not allowed
* Check-in – 2 pm to 11 pm
* Check-out – 6 am to 10 am
* A large swimming pool with separate children’s pool is open to all guests
Children and Extra Beds:
* All children are welcome
* All children under 3 years stay free of charge
* The maximum number of extra beds in a bungalow is 1 bed
* Note supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs
* All children under 12 years are charged 10 US Dollars per night for extra beds
* All children from 12 years and/or adults are charged 22 US Dollars per night for extra beds
* Any type of extra bed or child’s cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management
* Lunchbox – 8 US Dollars per person
* Full board for the child under 11 years – 20 US Dollars
* Half board for the child under 11 years – 10 US Dollars
* Half board – 25 US Dollars per person – Half board includes 1 meal with soup or any starter, main dish, dessert, and tea or coffee)
* Full board – 50 US Dollars per person – The full board includes 2 meals with soup or any starter, main dish, dessert, and tea or coffee
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Park Fees
* Create fees
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the Camp
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Tourism Developments Levy
* Transfer to and from the Lodge
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance