Tarangire Sopa Lodge Tanzania
Tarangire Sopa Lodge Tanzania lies on the Eastern side of the Tarangire River opposite Tarangire Hill, in Tarangire National Park, 118 kilometers South West of Arusha, approximately 2 hours drive from Arusha Town and 20 minutes by air and another 45 minutes transfer time to the lodge.
The lodge is hidden among the kopjes and is surrounded by ancient baobab trees. It is the home of the greatest concentration of elephants in Africa including the elusive leopard and other big game such as lions, cheetah, buffalo, etc. Over 400 bird species can be spotted here as well.
The lobby is spacious and airy with marble floors and has glass sliding doors that open out to a verandah where one can relax and enjoy the view. The ceiling has a wooden finish, and the décor with plants in strategic places gives it a feeling of total relaxation, much needed after the long and dusty drive to the lodge.
Tarangire Sopa Lodge Tanzania consists of 75 spacious rooms, all with a private lounge on entering with a minibar. Each room is carpeted and has 2 queen size beds with a mosquito net around them.
Ceiling fans keep the rooms cool and glass sliding doors open out onto a balcony, with a great view of the landscape beyond, and wildlife can sometimes be spotted. 4 of these rooms are suitable for the physically challenged.
Tarangire Sopa Lodge bar is located between the lobby and the dining room and has comfortable seats for total relaxation. Tarangire Sopa Lodge dining is a large spacious, light, and airy room with an outside seating area ideal for barbecues and theme dinners.
Other lodge facilities include a restaurant, TV room, outdoor dining, swimming pool, gift shop, WiFi in public areas, and 1 theatre-style conference room that accommodates 80 people.
Activities available at Tarangire Sopa Lodge include; Game drives, bush dining, board games, billiards, library, swimming, etc.
Tarangire Sopa Lodge Tanzania Accommodation Prices
Tarangire Sopa Lodge Tanzania Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation per room per night and include applicable Government taxes, Service Charge, and Tanzania Tourism Development Levy. Rates exclude Park entry fees, Concession Fees (where applicable)
|Dates To||Single Room
2nd Jan 2024
|31st Mar 2024||235 US Dollars||405 US Dollars||540 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2024||31st May 2024||135 US Dollars||270 US Dollars||
360 US Dollars
1st Jun 2024
|30th Jun 2024||235 US Dollars||405 US Dollars||540 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2024||31st Oct 2024||265 US Dollars||445 US Dollars||
570 US Dollars
1st Nov 2024
|21st Dec 2024||235 US Dollars||405 US Dollars||540 US Dollars|
|22nd Dec 2024||1st Jan 2025||265 US Dollars||445 US Dollars||
570 US Dollars
* Proof of residency is required
* Extra Lunch – 25 US Dollars per person
* Extra Dinner – 30 US Dollars per person
* Extra Packed lunch – 25 US Dollars per person
* Reduction for Half Board: 5 US Dollars per person
* Rates exclude park entry and concession fees where applicable
* Children under 3 years of age (sharing with adult/s) are free of charge
* 2 Children 3-16 years sharing their own room: 75% of the twin/double room rate
* Children 3-16 years sharing with 1 or 2 adults: 50% of the per-person adult twin rate
* Rates are applicable to citizens and residents of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and South Sudan
* Lunch at one Sopa property in lieu of lunch at another Sopa property is possible provided it is pre-booked and confirmed
* Easter Supplement: 40 US Dollars Per Person Per Day, will apply on the 29th, 30th, 31st of March 2024, and 1st of April 2024
* Christmas supplement of 50 US Dollars per person will apply to all bookings on the 24th, 25th, 26th, and 31st of December and on the 1st of January
* Rates are subject to availability and can change without prior notice. In the event of a change in government taxes or levies affecting the rates mentioned herein, the lodge reserves the right to pass on any increases
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Park Fees
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the lodge
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Transfer to and from the lodge
* Concession Fees (where applicable)
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance