Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest | Umani Springs Kibwezi Forest Sheldrick Wildlife Trust | Kibwezi Umani Springs | Umani Springs Camp Rates Prices | Umani Springs David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust | Kibwezi Accommodation | Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Kenya | Umani Springs Luxury Safari Lodge | Umani Springs Lodge Chyulu Hills National Park | Chyulu Hills National Park Kibwezi Self Catering Accommodation | Umani Springs House Tsavo East Accommodation | Tsavo East Hotels Lodges Camps
Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve is a contemporary lodge booked on an exclusive use basis, located in Kibwezi Forest, adjacent to Chyulu Hills National Park. Chyulu Hills National Park is located in Makueni County in South-West Kenya and lies between the Tsavo and Amboseli ecosystems.
Kibwezi Forest, a biodiversity hotspot renowned for its spectacular variety of butterflies and birds, Umani Springs is a self-catering property overlooking waterholes fed by the Umani Springs.
Based in the luscious surrounds of an ancient 18,000-acre groundwater forest which now forms part of the Chyulu Hills National Park, the Kibwezi Forest provides a habitat for a number of species including elephants, leopards, hyenas, buffaloes, and bushbucks. serval cats, civets, mongooses, and duikers.
The lodge can be accessed by air or by road. Around 45 minutes by air from Wilson Airport (Nairobi) to the Kithyasu Airstrip situated in the Chyulu National Park, and just 12 km from the lodge. Alternatively, 3 to 4 hours by road from Nairobi.
Umani Springs Lodge is a self-catering retreat with 3 well-appointed cottages that accommodate a total of 10 guests. Each cottage is tastefully decorated with natural, earthy colors highlighted by local fabrics and traditional artifacts. The cottages have spacious lounge areas, inside bathrooms, and outside showers for each unit.
The charming cobbled stone outdoor showers make guests feel immersed in the bush in style. There is a fully equipped spacious kitchen fitted with a gas cooker, fridge and freezer, crockery, and cutlery. The camp is a fully staffed self-catering property, with a resident chef. Guests are welcomed to prepare their own meals or have the cook prepared for them.
Umani Springs Camp Kibwezi Forest Reserve has a central main building that houses a large communal dining-come-bar that leads to the well-manicured lawns and an inviting spring-fed swimming pool.
The central building is built in Balinese style; an expansive wooden deck runs the length of the French sliding doors, overlooking the encircling forest surrounding.
Umani Springs Camp Kibwezi Forest Reserve activities include; A lookout platform on top of Umani Hill, a Birding platform overlooking the springs, Hiking up Umani Hill to a lookout platform, Excursions to the Chyulu Hills National Park, Guided walks in the forest and to the Umani Springs.
Other Activities Include; Game drive circuits within the unique Kibwezi Forest, Relaxation around the swimming pool, Sundowner deck with commanding views of the forest, Games include: Croquet, badminton and volleyball sets are available upon request, Access to the orphans at the stockades in the early morning and evening as well as the 11 am mud bath.
Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve Non-resident Accommodation Prices
2023 Accommodation Rates Per Night on a Self-Catering basis;
Number of Guests
Rate Per Night Whole Property
1 to 4 Guests
|1,210 US Dollars
|1,500 US Dollars
1,750 US Dollars
|2,050 US Dollars
2,300 US Dollars
2,600 US Dollars
2,900 US Dollars
* A trained Cook is also provided
* Umani Springs Lodge is open all year
* The cost is for the accommodation only
* Check-in is strictly after 10 am. Check-out is strictly before 9:30 am
* Accommodation costs are subject to 14% VAT and a 2% Catering Levy
* Umani Springs Lodge is offered on a self-catering basis. Experienced staff is available as and when required
* Children: Due to the elevated decks, walkways, and platforms children under the age of 5 are not encouraged
* Access to the orphans’ mud bath is not possible on the day of checkout, as that is reserved for the arriving guests
* Please consult with the camp should you have younger children. An adult should supervise children over 5 at all times
* All guests will be charged a 30 US Dollars Conservation Fee per person per day, over and above the accommodation costs
* Guests at Umani Springs have exclusive use of the camp. No other guests, belonging to another group, will be booked at the same time
* Guests at Umani Springs Lodge have exclusive use of the property. No other guest belonging to another group will be booked at the same time
* Please also note that each couple and individual in the group will need to be a foster parent in order to be able to visit and stay at Umani Springs Lodge
* African Spice Safaris can provide a safari package that includes (Accommodation, a 4×4 Safari Vehicle, a Driver guide, Food, and Drinks for your stay. Kindly inquire)
* The camp is powered by solar electricity with a backup generator. Throughout the camp, there are lights and power outlets, which can be used day and night. Please do not use hairdryers
Umani Springs Lodge | What to Bring
* Sandals/ flip-flops
* Swimming costume
* Camera equipment
* Hat and sunglasses
* Personal first aid kit
* Torch (with spare batteries)
* iPod and portable speakers
* Games (cards or board games)
* Food and drink, including drinking water
* A warm fleece/ jumper for cooler evenings (July/ August)
* High-strength sunscreen, moisturizer, lip salve, mosquito repellent
Umani Springs Lodge Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* All drinks
* Airstrip transfer
* Park Entrance Fees
* Local Airstrip Transfers
* Bush Breakfast and Sundowners
* Health Insurance and Gratuities
Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve Resident Accommodation Prices
2023 Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night on Self Catering basis
Number of Guests
Rate Per Night Whole Property
1 to 4 Guests
|70,000 Kenya Shillings
|85,000 Kenya Shillings
100,000 Kenya Shillings
|120,000 Kenya Shillings
135,000 Kenya Shillings
150,000 Kenya Shillings
170,000 Kenya Shillings
* Accommodation costs are subject to 14% VAT and 2% Catering Levy
* Guests will be charged a conservation fee of 2,000 Kenya Shillings per person per day, on top of the accommodations cost