Lamu Island 1 Day Tour Manda Toto Reef Snorkeling Trip | Lamu Island Snorkeling | Lamu Snorkeling Day Trip | Manda Island Manda Toto | Snorkeling | Lamu Island Day Excursions | Lamu Island Activities Kenya | Manda Island Day Tours | Kinyika Rock Manda Toto Island Snorkelling | Lamu Manda Toto Snorkeling Tour | Lamu island Day Tours
Lamu Island 1 Day Tour Manda Toto Reef Snorkeling Trip is one of the best things to do while in Lamu – snorkeling and swimming with ‘Africa’s friendliest dolphins’ on the reefs of Manda Toto and Kinyika – the two famous reefs around Lamu.
Kiniyka Island is located 30 minutes south – east of Lamu and Manda Toto Island is located 40 minutes north of Manda Island. They are the two most highly recommended sites for Snorkeling.
Manda Toto is a small, unspoilt, natural dream island just off Manda, which is one of the three main islands of the Lamu archipelago. The journey by boat to this desert island takes about 30 minutes.
Apart from the boat crew who bring you to the small, paradise island of Manda Toto, you will not see anybody else here.
The coral reef between Manda Bay and Manda Toto is the best snorkelling spot on the entire Lamu archipelago, but you should watch out for the occasional strong currents.
There are numerous kinds of fish, sea turtles and dolphins to be found here. If you are very lucky, you might even see the impressive whale shark.
Lamu Island 1 Day Tour Manda Toto Reef Snorkeling Trip Itinerary
0800 Hours: This day trip begins by heading to Manda Toto reef by motor boat for some snorkeling to see puffers, clown fish, the remaining coral and if we are lucky a turtle.
1230 Hours: Later we move on to the beach for a fish barbeque lunch. A picnic lunch is included on an isolated beach.
1400 Hours: In the afternoon the trip heads to Gordon Reef for some more snorkeling before going back to Kijani.
Most Captains prefer Manda toto because the reef is within the Manda – Pate channel which makes the sea calm with just small waves.
To Kinyika the trip is long and relies on wind and water visibility. Also you may be opt to leave earlier than scheduled so that you can get to the reef during low tides.
Snorkel on the coral reefs off Manda Toto island and discover an astounding array of exotic marine wildlife.
Lamu Island 1 Day Tour Manda Toto Reef Snorkeling Trip Prices
Lamu Island 1 Day Tour Manda Toto Reef Snorkeling Trip Rates Includes:
Lunch + Mineral water during tour + Professional English speaking guides + All entry fees, guide fee, service charge and taxes & Pickup from your hotel in Lamu Island and drop-off to your hotel
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 3 to 11 Years|
|1st January 2022||31st December 2022||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This is a full day activity: 0800 Hours to 1630 Hours
* Bring a hat and sunscreen as the sun is super strong
* Lunch and snorkeling equipment are included in the cost of the trip
* You are going to the open sea, if this is your first time experience you might get sea sick. Ask the Captain for help
* You may want to stretch and get some sun tan. You could choose to use a speed boat. Kindly request for the same
* You can also choose to bring your own snorkeling equipment or hire locally. We limit the number of people snorkeling to 5 because of space in the dhow
Lamu Island 1 Day Tour Manda Toto Reef Snorkeling Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)