Borana Lodge Borana Conservancy Laikipia is located in the 35,000-acre Borana conservancy in Laikipia, about 27 km (17 miles) north of the equator (Nanyuki Town). Borana Lodge is set on the edge of the Samangua Valley with panoramic views of Mount Kenya and Kenya’s Northern Frontier. Borana luxury lodge is a 4-hour drive from Nairobi and an hour’s drive from Nanyuki. We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip. Scheduled flights land at the Lewa airstrip located 50 minutes from Borana. The journey to the lodge can of course take longer depending on how much wildlife is seen on the way.
Borana Lodge Borana Conservancy Laikipia has 8 private and secluded cottages comprising 4 doubles and 4 twins. 4 cottages have verandahs while 2 sets of cottages share a veranda, both of which have a phenomenal view over the dam.
Each cottage features leather sofas, natural stone walls, a hand-made wooden table, and an open fireplace. The bathrooms are spacious and clean and with exceptional views over the wildest Africa.
Guests enjoy their meals in the dining room or by the poolside. In the dining room, guests can sample fresh juice from the Borana orchard and wines from around the world. Borana Lodge has an infinity pool where guests can watch the elephants wandering their well-trodden path to the watering hole or simply relax, read, and soak up the sun.
The lodge has a spa where guests can relax and unwind as they enjoy massages, reflexology treatments, manicures, pedicures, and facials.
Activities in the Borana Lodge Laikipia include; game drives, horseback riding, mountain biking, cultural visits, and guided walks. Children can participate in cooking and baking with chefs and visit the local community schools. Guests can also enjoy expeditions to Mount Kenya, helicopter trips around Mount Kenya, and fishing trips.
Other Accommodation Options in Laikipia | Click Here
Borana Lodge - Non-Residents Accommodation Rates
Borana Lodge Borana Conservancy Laikipia Non-Residents Rates Per Night Include:
Full board accommodation + Local airstrip transfers (Borana Conservancy & Lewa Downs) + All Borana Conservancy-based activities +Mandatory per person donation to conservation
|Dates To||Single Room
Child between the
6th Jan 2023
|14th Jun 2023||920 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars||370 US Dollars|
|15th Jun 2023||30th Sep 2023||1,250 US Dollars||1,950 US Dollars||
495 US Dollars
1st Oct 2023
|19th Dec 2023||920 US Dollars||1,500 US Dollars||370 US Dollars|
|20th Dec 2023||5th Jan 2024||1,250 US Dollars||1,950 US Dollars||
495 US Dollars
* Children under the age of 4.99 stays free of charge
* Check-out time is 10.00 am. The lodge is open year-round
* 8 Days 7 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari Borana Conservancy Masai Mara | Click Here
* There are 2 guide rooms (twins) which we can use for older children which helps to make family travel more affordable
* Borana Villa Rooms 7 and 8 are ideal for families with teenage children. They are a bit further from the lodge but they have their plunge pool and facilities to eat on their own if they want to appreciate some family time. Kindly request the rates
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Exclude:
* Pick up or drop off in Nanyuki
* Adventures beyond Borana Conservancy
* Helicopter excursions (Available on request)
* Premium spirits, cellar wines, and champagne
* Exclusive use of vehicle – 400 US Dollars Per Day
* Late departure fee of 50 US Dollars per person (lunch)
* Visit Kisima Floriculture Project 70 US Dollars per person
* Riding and fishing excursions to Mt Kenya (Available on request)
* Visit Ngare Ndare Forest conservation fee 40 US Dollars per person
* Lewa Conservancy fee -134 per person and 67 Us Dollars per child (5-15 years)
* Fly Camp Set up Fee of 600 US Dollars per person per group (Maximum 12 Guests)
* Borana Conservancy fees – 190 Us Dollars per person and 95 Us Dollars per child (5-15 years)
* Adventures across Northern Kenya on horseback, quad-bike, e-bike, helicopter, and fixed-wing aircraft can be arranged. Price on request