Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Bwindi Uganda | Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Bwindi Uganda Rates | Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Uganda | Bwindi Forest National Park | Hotels in Bwindi Uganda | Hotels Lodges Campsites in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park | Bwindi Guest Houses | Bwindi Camps | Bwindi Resort | Bwindi Bandas | Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Accommodations | Bwindi Lodges Uganda | Bwindi Backpackers Lodge | Where to stay in Bwindi | Bwindi Hotels Lodges Resorts Accommodation Uganda
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge is a beautiful, intimate 5-star lodge situated in Nkuringo, bordering the southwestern corner of the Bwindi National Park. The lodge is at 2100m with a sweeping panoramic view of the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes and the Great Rift Valley.
By Road, the lodge is approximately 11 hours from Kampala. By Air, Daily scheduled flights take 1 hour 15 mins and fly into Kisoro airstrip followed by 2 hours drive to the lodge. Charters can easily be arranged as well. The closest Major Airport is in Kigali, Rwanda (6 hours) while Entebbe (12.5 hours).
Clouds has 7 en-suite large cottages built of local volcanic stone. Each one has a large sitting room with a double-sided fireplace, vast overstuffed armchairs, hand-woven carpets, a private verandah, and comfortable bedrooms with en suite bathrooms.
There are 5 double cottages and 2 family cottages (each with 2 private bedrooms and en suite bathrooms). The lodge has open views abound of the valley and the majestic Virunga volcanoes. Often one can see the volcanoes glowing red in the night sky.
There is a dining area, bar, and outdoor fireplace. Great, fresh food, much of it grown within the lodges’ organic garden. Probably the most comfortable lodge in the Bwindi area. The main lodge feels like someplace else – soaring ceilings, massive exposed wooden beams, big picture windows with endless views of treetops, volcanoes, and mountains.
It feels like a ski chalet in the alps. Or a stone palace in the Rocky Mountains. Children of all ages are welcome at the Lodge but they must be aged 15 years and above in order to track the Gorillas. Children’s activities can be arranged whilst adults are tracking.
Attractions: The park has over 560 bird species with many endemics. Large variety from primates and small antelope to nocturnal animals like genets and civets while The Nkuringo gorilla family home range is around a 1.5 hours hike from the lodge.
There are currently an additional 5 other habituated gorilla families (Rushaga group) that are also easily accessible from Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge (a 45-minute drive to the starting point).
Activities available from Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge include; gorilla trekking, forest walks, Birding, Community tours & Batwa experience trips, Private dinners, Massage, and the Nkuringo gorilla family home hiking.
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Bwindi Uganda Accommodation Rates
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Bwindi Uganda Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full board accommodation + Non-premium brands drinks + Bed Night Fees + Laundry + Sundowners (Excluding Premium Drinks) + Inclusive of Value Added Tax. All rates are subject to change without prior notification due to factors such as Government levies, taxes, fuel increases, or levies of whatever nature
|Dates To||Single Room
11th Jan 2022
|28th Feb 2022||980 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|1st Mar 2022||31st May 2022||650 US Dollars||
975 US Dollars
1st Jun 2022
|30th Jun 2022||980 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2022||31st Aug 2022||1,050 US Dollars||
1,650 US Dollars
1st Sep 2022
|30th Sep 2022||980 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2022||30th Nov 2022||650 US Dollars||
975 US Dollars
1st Dec 2022
|14th Dec 2022||980 US Dollars||1,550 US Dollars|
|15th Dec 2022||10th Jan 2023||1,050 US Dollars||
1,650 US Dollars
* Check-in time is 12:00 pm
* Day-room 50% on per person rates
* Check-out time is 10:00 am. Late check-out may be granted at a fee or depending on the occupancy on a given date
* Extra lunch – 30 US Dollars
* Extra dinner – 45 US Dollars
* Packed Lunch – 25 US Dollars
* Children’s meals (5-12 years) 50% on per person rates
* Infant below the age of 5 years – free of charge
* Child 5-18 years sharing – pay 50% of the adult rate
* 2 children or more sharing – the first child will be charged at adult sharing and others at children rates
* 1 or 2 children 5 up to 18 years sharing with 1 adult – adult at the single room rate and children pay rates indicated
* Children of all ages are welcome at the Lodge but they must be aged 15 years and above in order to track the Gorillas
Accommodation Rates Exclude;
* Premium brand drinks
* Local airstrip transfers
* 2 game activities per day (drive/walk)
* Additional activities and related costs
* Vehicle Entrance Fees are paid separately
All extra activities;
* Community Tour – 30 US Dollars
* Birding (per group) – half-day – 65 US Dollars & full day – 80 US Dollars
* Buniga Forest Walk and the Batwa Community of Sanuriro – 35 US Dollars
* Gorilla tracking permits (Nkuringo and Rushaga Group) – 700 US Dollars + 5% handling fee