Drunken Elephant Mara Camp
Drunken Elephant Mara Camp is a magic safari-tented accommodation located in Siana Wildlife Conservancy in Masai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is only 5 minutes from the Sekenani Gate of the Masai Mara Game Reserve.
The camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 250 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time takes about 45 minutes. Scheduled flights land at Keekorok Airstrip which is 15 minutes game drive away.
The Siana Conservancy is an important wildlife corridor that links the plains of the Mara game reserve with the Loita hills where elephants migrate during the dry season as well as the wildebeest migration.
Drunken Elephant Mara Camp has only 7 en-suite tents, with 2 family tents that can sleep 4 adults comfortably and 5 double tents all beautifully situated in a naturally forested seven-acre plot set along a riverfront. Each tent is on a raised deck and has deck chairs, a work desk, tea/coffee-making facilities, and an en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet, hot shower, and dressing table.
The dining area is located in the canvas-roofed main structure and guests enjoy a lamp-lit dinner in a romantic and authentic setting. Meals range from a wide variety of Kenyan cuisine, Indian delicacies, and popular cuisines from around the world.
There is also a bar and lounge in which to relax and soak in the sights and sounds of the surrounding Mara. All meals Vegetarian and non-vegetarian are served.
The camp is totally fenced to keep the animals at bay and fully guarded by Masai Moran’s during the night, In addition to solar street lights and solar floodlights which make the camp totally Eco friendly since all Lightening is by Solar with a backup generator.
Siana is also important because 3700 households own land within the conservancy, and each household, and an estimated 12,000 people, will directly benefit from the effective development of the area.
Activities available from Drunken Elephant Mara Camp include; day game drives, hot air balloon safaris, night game drives, guided walking safaris, and Masai village visits.
Drunken Elephant Mara Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Drunken Elephant Mara Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Full Board Basis
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jul 2023
|31st Oct 2023||205 US Dollars||400 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||21st Dec 2023||110 US Dollars||
180 US Dollars
22nd Dec 2023
|2nd Jan 2024||205 US Dollars||400 US Dollars|
|3rd Jan 2024||30th Jun 2024||110 US Dollars||
180 US Dollars
1st Jul 2024
|31st Oct 2024||205 US Dollars||400 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2024||21st Dec 2024||110 US Dollars||
180 US Dollars
22nd Dec 2024
|2nd Jan 2025||205 US Dollars||
400 US Dollars
* Game package rates available on request
* Drinks are charged extra and payable on checkout
* Child 0-4 years sharing with Parent is free
* Child 5-11 years Sharing with Parents 50% of the adult rate
* Children 5-11 years in their own room 75% of the adult rate
* Young Adults 12-17 years in their own room full adult rate
* Young Adults 12-17 years sharing with Parents 75% of the adult rate
* Lunch – 30 US Dollars per person
* Dinner – 35 US Dollars per person
* Nature walk – 30 US Dollars per person
* Bush Breakfast – 40 US Dollars per person
* Hot Air Balloon – 500 US Dollars per person
* Maasai Village Visit – 25 US Dollars per person
* Maasai Cultural Day – 60 US Dollars per person
* Exclusive Use of Vehicle Per Day – 250 US Dollars
* Bush Dinner – 40 US Dollars per person Minimum of 2 people
Accommodation Rates Per Night Excludes the;
* Photographic safaris
* Hot-air balloon rides
* Flights & airport taxes
* Items of personal nature
* Park fees and Conservation Charge
* Flying doctors/ medical evacuation insurance