Elephant Bedroom Camp Samburu
Elephant Bedroom Camp Samburu is a small and exclusive luxury safari-tented camp set along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River within the boundaries of the Samburu National Reserve and shaded by doum palms and other trees that make up the green belt of riverine forest in Samburu National Reserve. The camp is located 343 km from Nairobi; the driving time is approximately 5 hours. Flying time from Nairobi to Samburu takes about 1.5 hours followed by a 25 minutes transfer to Camp. Scheduled and private Charter flights can also land at Kalama, Oryx, or Buffalo airstrips (from the airstrip – a 30 to 60 minutes drive to the camp with a game drive en-route).
Elephant Bedroom Camp is an intimate tented camp with simplistic elegance, luxury, and style providing an astonishing safari experience. There are 14 spacious tents all furnished with rustic and colorful African touches, offering all the comforts including a private plunge pool on the deck, hot and cold running water, and electricity.
The lounge and dining area is decorated with vibrant safari style, its soft intimate lighting assuring that this is the ultimate place to relax in between exciting game drives. This is the ideal place to spend an evening unwinding with a drink in hand while listening to the sounds of the wilderness.
Elephant Bedroom Camp dining offers a culinary experience with an al-fresco breakfast, 3-course lunch, and a 4-course candlelit gourmet dinner set either under the African sky or inside the well-appointed dining area. There are hammocks set up for guests to relax after their meals. Private meals can be arranged on the guest tent’s veranda or under the stars.
Guests can enjoy sundowner cocktails on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and watch the gorgeous African sun as it sets against the spectacular backdrop of rugged rolling hills.
Samburu National Reserve is an area of spectacular scenery, its dry plains bisected by the meandering river, with the backdrop of Africa’s dramatic mountains, including Mt Kenya.
Elephants, Monkeys, and Impalas are amongst the camp’s many regular wild visitors, whilst Samburu National Reserve has a good number of lions and leopards and offers the opportunity to see many species endemic to northern Kenya.
Elephant Bedroom Camp Samburu Activities include: day game drives with Professional Safari Guides, Bush breakfast/ dinner, bush meals, Cultural visits, Entertainment by local Samburu warriors, Guided bush walks, Picnic lunches, sundowners, guided bush walks, spa, cultural visits, and lectures on Samburu culture by the resident naturalist.
Elephant Bedroom Camp Samburu Non- Residents Accommodation Prices
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Includes:
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To|| Single Room
|Children Sharing with Adults 6 to 11 Years||
3rd Jan 2024
|31st Mar 2024||500 US Dollars||780 US Dollars||230 US Dollars||340 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2024||30th Jun 2024||350 US Dollars||680 US Dollars||145 US Dollars||
220 US Dollars
1st Jul 2024
|31st Oct 2024||650 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||280 US Dollars||420 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2024||22nd Dec 2024||500 US Dollars||780 US Dollars||230 US Dollars||
340 US Dollars
23rd Dec 2024
|2nd Jan 2025||650 US Dollars||990 US Dollars||280 US Dollars||
420 US Dollars
* Deluxe Tent Supplement – 70 US Dollars Per Person Per Night
* Free accommodation for children aged between 0 and 5.99 Years
* Game Package & Air package rates available on request
* 7 Days 6 Nights Kenya Fly-in Safari Amboseli Samburu Masai Mara Package| Click Here
* Elephant Bedroom Camp Accommodation Rates are per night including VAT and Catering Levy
* All Excursions & other services are charged at an extra cost – Minimum 2 Guests on All Excursions
* 50 US Dollars Supplement per person per day for drinks such as Soft Drinks, House Wine, Mineral Water, and Local Beers
* Late departure after 1200 hours will be charged at 100 US Dollars per Adult & 60 US Dollars per child. This will include lunch if required
Elephant Bedroom Camp Samburu Accommodation Prices Exclude:
* Health Insurance
* Drinks, Laundry & Gratuities
* Park Entry Fees & Flight Cost
* Sundowner – 60 US Dollars Per Person
* Bush Dinner – 60 US Dollars Per Person
* Bush Breakfast – 60 US Dollars Per Person
* WI-FI is Available Throughout the Property
* Guided Nature/ walk – 60 US Dollars Per Person
* Visit Samburu Village – 50 US Dollars Per Person
* Extra Lunch/ Picnic Lunch – 45 US Dollars Per Person
* Transfer to Timau/ Nanyuki one way – 400 US Dollars
* Exclusive use of safari vehicle – 560 US Dollars per day subject to availability