Hot Air Balloon Safaris Amboseli National Park | Amboseli Balloon Safaris & Tours | Amboseli Hot Air Balloon Safari flight Kenya | Hot Balloon Safaris Kenya Tanzania Rwanda & Uganda
Float above the plains of Amboseli National Park in a hot air balloon for an unforgettable birds-eye view. Hot air balloon safaris fly daily over Amboseli National Park which lies on the border with Tanzania, Kajiado District in the Southern Part of Kenya. The entire safari takes 3 and a half hours.
Orange flames dance as they light up the cool crisp Amboseli dawn filling the balloon with hot air. It’s a few precious minutes to sunrise and the balloon begins its tranquil ascent into the Amboseli skyline. Drift with the gentle wind across the myriad of pinks, oranges, and purples lighting up the Amboseli sky as you watch the spectacular ‘African sunrise’.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris Amboseli National Park is without a doubt, the most romantic way to fly… Imagine floating over the open plains and watching as the sunrise turns the awe-inspiring Mt. Kilimanjaro the highest in Africa a purple hue, and the snow on its Kibo peak, a delicate pink.
The magnificent sight of Kilimanjaro above herds of elephants crossing the plains of Amboseli is a timeless African image and one of life’s most memorable experiences. The balloon ride allows you to spot buffalo, zebra, or giraffes happily roaming the Park, perhaps even the king of the jungle (Lion) enjoying an early morning kill.
Get an aerial view of the authentic Masai villages (Manyattas)…the list is endless and after about an hour depending on the conditions, the balloon will slowly descend on the red volcanic ash of the Amboseli earth.
As balloons only go where the wind takes them, each balloon flight is a unique journey of its own. Here’s a list of our other Hot Air Balloon Itinerary, Hot Air Balloon Safaris Kenya Tanzania, Rwanda & Uganda.
Hot Air Balloon Safaris Amboseli National Park Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||450 US Dollars
350 US Dollars
* Resident Rates Adult 12 years and above = 375 US Dollars Per person
* Kenyan Citizen Rates Adult 12 years and above = 275 US Dollars Per person
* Flight Time
* Balloon flight of up to one hour
* Champagne breakfast (Full Hot English breakfast)
* Balloon Safari Destination: Amboseli (Kilimanjaro View) Kenya
* Game drive return transfer to starting point or lodge/camp, as required
* Pick Up: From any hotel, lodge, or tented camp in Amboseli National Park
* In order to secure bookings guests are required to make full payment at the time of booking due to limited seats available at any given time
Hot Air Safaris Amboseli National Park Itinerary
Amboseli Hot Air Balloon Breakfast
* Seasonal fruits, freshly made bacon, sausage, eggs, mushroom, and tomato among a host of others are all set out for the intrepid travelers
* Amboseli Hot Air Balloon’s breathtaking early morning flight is crowned with a very personalized traditional champagne (good ol’ sparkling wine’) breakfast in the bush.
* Sit out in the wild of Africa, on the slopes of the highest mountain in Africa; eavesdrop at the calls of the wild animals in the distance while casually sipping the finest of Kenya’s aromatic coffee
Amboseli Hot Air Balloon Game drive
* An open land 4 x 4 Landrover patiently waits, to treat you to a game drive on the way back to your lodge.
* Game drive
* Champagne bush breakfast
* Balloon safari over the plains of Amboseli with a view of Mount Kilimanjaro
Amboseli Hot Air Balloon Safari Itinerary
* Wake up call may differ depending on the pickup from the Lodge or Camp
* Wake up call at 0530 Hours
* Tea or coffee will be served at your lodge or camp before the drive to the launch site
* Pre-flight briefing by the pilot at 0600 Hours
* Lift off at 0615 Hours. The flight lasts approximately one hour
* Champagne bush breakfast after the flight
* Return to lodge or camp around 0930 Hours enjoying a game drive on route
Amboseli Hot Air Balloon Included features:
* Champagne bush breakfast
* Game drive on route to the lodge or camp
* Breakfast beverages: champagne, tea, coffee, and juice
* All VAT, state levies, service charges, and related taxes
* Professional Kilimanjaro – Amboseli ballooning services
* 24 Hours-7 days office and cellular emergency contact details while in Kenya
* All point-to-point personalized transfer services to the balloon site as in the program
* First-class transportation in a custom-designed safari vehicle abiding by vehicle standards
* All gratuities except to driver-guides, game rangers, escorts, and lodge, hotel, camp, or bar staff
* Pre-planning professional program expertise, resource guidance along with firsthand experience
Amboseli Hot Air Balloon Excluded Features:
* Personal expenses such as flying doctor service, travelers insurance; Amboseli accommodation, communication charges, visas, international airfares; flights to Amboseli, meals, drinks, excursions, optional activities, or sightseeing not included in the itinerary.
Hot Air Safaris Amboseli National Park Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is ballooning dangerous?
Amboseli Kilimanjaro ballooning Safaris use a large modern passenger balloon which gives passengers added stability, security, and comfort. Despite being high in the air, you will be surprised how smooth the flight is, and how secure you feel as safety is our priority and Amboseli ballooning Safaris only fly in perfect weather conditions.
You also feel reassured in the knowledge that ballooning is one of the safest of all the adventure activities. Add to that Our perfect safety record, and you are assured of peace of mind when you fly with Amboseli Kilimanjaro ballooning Safaris.
2. What weather conditions do you fly in?
In order to fly Amboseli Kilimanjaro, ballooning Safaris needs light winds and good visibility with no rain. The launch site is chosen with regard to the wind speed and direction. If the weather does not cooperate the flight will be postponed and rescheduled at the guest’s convenience, based on availability.
3. How high do we fly?
Amboseli Kilimanjaro ballooning Safaris flights generally fly from treetop to 3000 feet above ground level.
4. What do we wear?
Dress comfortably based on the temperatures on the ground; remember that temperatures in the air are similar to those on the ground. It is advisable that passengers should wear clothing suitable for the time of year with flat-soled shoes not high heels. Amboseli Kilimanjaro ballooning Safaris suggest hats, sunglasses, and long trousers and sleeves, preferably made of natural fibers.
5. How long does it take and where do we land?
The entire safari takes 3 and a half hours. You will be picked up from your lodge in Amboseli at around 5.30 am and taken to the launch site, where you will begin your ascent a few minutes before sunrise. The hot air balloon safari will take about an hour depending on conditions and the pilot will land the balloon in a safe place free from animals and trees.
6. What happens after we have landed?
Our crew who has been following the balloon will meet the balloon at the landing site. After a photo session to record your unique flight, we depart for Breakfast, where you will share in the 200-year-old tradition of a complimentary champagne toast.
7. How does the chase crew know where the balloon is going?
The chase crew is in contact with the pilot at all times and follows the balloon while you are in flight. The chase crew is well briefed and experienced.
8. Pilot Briefing?
The previous evening, the pilot will give you the exact time you will be collected at your lodge and all the information that you need to be ready. Keep in mind that ballooning is weather permitting and if the pilot feels it’s not safe, he will cancel the flight.
9. Where and when do we meet?
We meet approximately one hour before sunrise at your hotel. From there Amboseli Kilimanjaro ballooning Safaris transport balloon guests to one of the launch sites. The launch site is chosen by the pilot, based on wind direction. As passengers, the pilot will give you two briefings. The first will be just after you have got into the basket prior to taking off. The second will be shortly before landing.
10. Can we bring cameras?
Guest are welcome to bring cameras and binoculars are especially recommended on the flight, however, Amboseli Kilimanjaro ballooning Safaris flights do not accept responsibility for personal belongings.
Balloon Trip Descrition
Amboseli Balloon sunrise flights are scheduled 7 days a week, 365 days a year, weather permitting. We meet one hour prior to sunrise at our custom-built Balloon Safari Camp where we check in guests and enjoy hot beverages, cookies, and a safety briefing. Once the balloon set-up is complete, we enter our launch field.
After watching the multi-colored fabric take shape, the passengers will board the balloon, and then we are airborne as the sunrise peeks over the horizon! Once airborne, the Captain will point out the spectacular sites of the area, from Majestic Mount Kilimanjaro to the Amboseli National Park, and the vast Amboseli Ecosystem.
A wide array of wildlife can be seen including the area’s renowned elephants, lions, giraffes, zebra, wildebeest, and many others. Our flying area has many wonderful things to see! The flight is approximately one hour, and we will ascend anywhere from treetops, to several thousand feet.
After landing, we return to our Balloon Safari Camp where a traditional Champagne Celebration is held, and guests are served a fresh ‘made-to-order’ hot breakfast of their preference. Non-alcoholic beverages are also available, and any allergies/food restrictions will be accommodated.
Contact our office at +254 (0)721-242-711.