Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge | Kilaguni Hotels and Lodges | Kilaguni Serena Lodge Rates | Serena Safari Lodge | Kilaguni Serena Lodge Residents Rates | Kilaguni Serena Lodge | Serena Kilaguni Lodge | Kilaguni Serena Accommodation | Kilaguni Lodges Camps Hotels | Hotel Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge | Kilaguni Serena Flying Safari Packages | Kilaguni Serena Road Safari Packages | Kilaguni Hotels and Lodges | Serena Kilaguni Contacts | Tsavo West Hotels Lodges Camps
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is a luxury Safari Lodge situated in Tsavo West National Park, a 30-minute drive from the main Mtito Andei Gate. The lodge is located 260 km southeast of Nairobi and 240 km North-East of Mombasa on the Nairobi – Mombasa highway. Transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 4 hours.
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is the first lodge ever to be built in a Kenyan National Park and is superbly situated in the lee of Mt Kilimanjaro, encircled by volcanic splendor, adjacent to a teeming water hole and daily visited by vast herds of elephant, buffalo, and plains game.
The lodge has 56 rooms, of which 51 are standard rooms, and 5 Suites; (all non-smoking) have their own verandas, some overlooking the waterhole, some the Chyulu Hills, which are one of the world’s youngest volcanic ranges.
Tsavo National Park has plentiful wildlife and beautiful landscape to offer and that is what Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge has for you in store. Kilaguni’s waterhole is considered to offer the finest terraced savannah game viewing in Kenya, and at night you can listen to the sounds of herds of buffalo and elephants grazing outside your bedroom.
The central dining room and the alfresco rock-built bar at Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge were beautifully designed and decorated in the local style to offer an unforgettable dining experience. The dining room features a stone terrace overlooking the wildlife-filled water hole and the bar offers comfortable day beds with majestic views of the rolling Chyulu Hills.
There’s also the option of just lazing by the pool or treating yourself to a luxurious body treatment or picking up some souvenirs in the extensively stocked Africana Gift Shop. There is a rock-paved swimming pool in the lush gardens and games to keep children occupied.
Activities Available at the lodge include; game drives, guided walks, bush breakfasts, a Bush BBQ Dinner, a Visit To The Shetani Caves And Lava Flows, Visit To The Shetani Caves And Lava Flows, volcano climbs and trips to Mzima Springs, a set of crystal-clear ponds, fed by the meltwaters of Mount Kilimanjaro, in which the many hippos can be viewed from a submerged chamber.
Poacher’s Lookout, a great view of Kilimanjaro is 15 km from Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge. Roaring Rocks viewpoint is 10 km from the property, while Mzima Springs is within 15 km.
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To||Single Room
2nd Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||200 US Dollars||300 US Dollars||400 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||30th Jun 2023||135 US Dollars||255 US Dollars||
350 US Dollars
1st Jul 2023
|1st Jan 2024||200 US Dollars||300 US Dollars||
400 US Dollars
* Request for discounted resident rates
* Extra Meals 40 US Dollars per person
* Picnic Lunch 35 US Dollars per person
* Half Board reduction of 15 US Dollars per person
* Kilaguni Deluxe room supplement – 30 US Dollars per room per day
* Children ages 3 to 12 years are charged 50% of the per person, adult twin rate
* Young adults 13 to 17 years are charged 75% of the per person, the adult twin rate
* Easter supplement 50 US Dollars per person per day. (7th April to 10th April 2023)
* Christmas Surcharge: 45 US Dollars per person per night on 24th,25th,26th,31st Dec 2023 & 1st Jan 2024
* Children in their own room are charged 75% of the per-person adult twin rate. Minimum 2 children in a room
* Park fees are not included in the rates (payable at the gate if arriving on the road and at the lodge, if arriving by air
* Children under 2.99 years sharing a room with an adult will be accommodated complimentary (maximum two) whilst sharing a room with one or two adults