Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp - Soysambu Conservancy Lake Elmenteita
Lake Elementaita Serena Camp is an exclusive and up-market camp located along the shores of Lake Elmenteita which hosts the beautiful Lesser and Greater Flamingos and the breeding site of the Pelican and other waterfowls. The camp is approximately 120 km from Nairobi and 25 km from Nakuru and just a 2-hour drive from Nairobi. Elementaita Serena Camp offers the modern comforts of a five-star facility blended seamlessly with the rich history and culture for which Soysambu is famous. Lake Elementaita Serena Camp has a total of 25 tents (24 tents standard + 1 suite – The Flamingo suite (with sitting room, 1 bedroom, bathroom, Jacuzzi bath, shower, and balcony).
Activities include camel rides, motorcycle safari, hiking Sleeping Warrior Ugali Hills, nature walks, archery, horse riding, bird watching, excursion on Lake Elementaita, skinny-dip (going swimming in the nude) at the Kikopey Springs, Quad biking at the Soysambu conservancy, visiting the Kariandusi Museum, bush dining at the lodge and easy undisturbed game drives in Soysambu conservancy.
Some of the wild animals that are found in Soysambu conservancy are Rothschild’s giraffe, Aardvark, Colobus and Sykes monkeys, waterbuck, Thompson’s Gazelle, Grant’s gazelle, impala, zebras, buffaloes, black rhinos, hyena and cheetahs, leopards and tree-climbing lions. The conservancy is home to 450 bird species such as Pelican and the Flamingo. Also seen on the lake are Cape Teals, Cormorants, Spoon Bills, Yellow-billed Storks, Terns, Egyptian Geese, Herons, Plovers, Sandpipers, Hammerkops, Egrets, and Snipes.
Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp is a luxury tented accommodation uniquely situated on the shoreline of sapphire-blue Lake Elementaita where hundreds of thousands of birds congregate within Soysambu Wildlife Conservancy in the Great Rift Valley.
The environmentally friendly camp is roughly 135 km from Nairobi and 30 km from Lake Nakuru National Park and an easy 2-hour drive from Nairobi. Nearby Private Airstrip, 1 kilometer and 30 Minutes by Air from Nairobi.
There are 24 tents and a suite with beautiful wood furnishings, traditional colonial safari styling, and rich color accents. Tent facilities include a telephone, mosquito net, mini-bar, electronic safe, and private veranda with views of lake Elementaita.
Lake Elementeita Serena Camp Facilities include:
* Room service
* Swimming pool
* Laundry services
* 24-hour power supply
* Doctor on call 24 hours
* Sogonoi Boutique – Gift shop
* Massage services and beauty parlor
* Beautiful central restaurant, bar, and lounge
* 24 luxury tents all with views of the Lake Elementaita
* Each tent is tastefully furnished with its own private veranda
* Tent facilities include telephone, wireless internet, mini-bar, and electronic safe
* The Flamingo suite -An additional luxury suite with a spacious lounge, Jacuzzi, and prime lake view
Lake Elementeita Serena Camp has a chic central restaurant that serves a variety of meals and has a dining area overlooking both the swimming pool and the waterhole. Guests can enjoy drinks in the stylish bar and the lounge. Bush barbecue facilities are available by the lakeshore.
There is an outdoor swimming pool and spa where guests can get massage services and beauty therapy. The banquet facilities are specially designed and well-equipped to cater for meetings, conferences, team building, seminars, and training activities
Guests can experience pleasure from horse riding, nature walks, botanical lessons, sundowners at the cliff, day and night game drives, birding, jogging, yoga, water aerobics, Swahili lessons, badminton, cooking lessons, archery, watercolor painting, and traditional dance performances.
Lake Elmentaita Serena Camp Non-Resident Accommodation Rates
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Accommodation on Full board Basis &Mineral water and Soysambu Conservancy fees
|Dates To||Single Room
Double/ Twin Room
2nd Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||370 US Dollars||500 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||31st May 2023||310 US Dollars||
450 US Dollars
1st Jun 2023
|30th Jun 2023||370 US Dollars||500 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2023||31st Oct 2023||450 US Dollars||
590 US Dollars
1st Nov 2023
|22nd Dec 2023||360 US Dollars||490 US Dollars|
|23rd Dec 2023||1st Jan 2024||450 US Dollars||
590 US Dollars
* Extra Lunch 40 US Dollars per person
* Children under 6.99 years are not permitted
* Half Board reduction of 15 US Dollars per person
* Easter supplement 40 US Dollars per person per day
* Kindly note that the camp does not take triples for Adults
* Children in their own room pay 75% of the per-person adult twin rate
* Soysambu conservancy entry fees are included in the above rates
* A Christmas Supplement of 50 US Dollars per person per day is applicable (24th, 25th, 26th, 31st December & 1st January)
* Children 7 Years to 12 years sharing with adults are charged 50% of the per person rate (Half Twin) (Maximum 1 child with 2 Adults sharing)
Booking & Reservations Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp Soysambu Conservancy Lake Elmenteita, Kenya Contact
Mobile: + 254-721-242-711
Reservations: +254 718-179-967