Mara Simba Lodge Masai Mara National Reserve
Mara Simba Lodge is a 4-star safari accommodation located along Talek River, a tributary of the Mara River in the Masai Mara National Reserve. The Lodge is situated between Sekenani and Talek Gates.
Stretching almost a km along the river the grounds on the bank remain in their virgin condition, while the landscaped gardens filled with indigenous trees at the back draw a great variety of birds and butterflies.
The camp can be reached either by road or by air. The distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approximately 280 km. It takes around 5-6 hours by road while flying time takes about 45 minutes. The nearest airport is Keekorok Airport, 13 km from the lodge.
Mara Simba Lodge has 84 guestrooms comprising 60 twin rooms, 16 double rooms, and 8 triple rooms all infused wood chalets. All rooms are fully equipped with large en suite bathrooms with both baths and showers.
The guestrooms have a delightful combination of primarily wood with stone walls, constructed to resemble a traditional thatched chalet from the exterior and a country-house room in the interior. Guests can relax on the private deck or balcony and watch the crocodiles and hippos in the water.
The lounge and dining areas, perched on a platform supported by timber poles, are created out of naturally available materials like cedarwood for the floors and lofty Makuti thatched roofs overlooking the Talek River
Guests get to enjoy evenings after dinner around the stone fireplace as they recount the events and sights of the day, relax on the outside patio and watch a shy leopard or herds of elephants visit the floodlit river to drink water or enjoy a cocktail from the well-stocked bar and even shoot a few games of pool with a new friend.
Mara Simba Lodge has a magnificent health spa and beauty salon with state-of-the-art facilities, such as a sauna, steam room; massage table, and fitness gym to get you into a true holiday mood and utter relaxation. Guests can even enjoy a game of tennis and then a dip in the large heated swimming pool.
Activities Available from Mara Simba Lodge include; walking safaris, bird watching, village visits, game drives, sundowners, and Masai cultural lectures.
Other Accommodation Options in Masai Mara | Masai Mara Luxury Lodges Camps | Masai Mara Budget Lodges Camps.
Mara Simba Lodge Accommodation Prices
Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include;
Full Board Accommodation
|Dates To||Single Room
1st Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||250 US Dollars||320 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||30th Jun 2023||100 US Dollars||
200 US Dollars
1st Jul 2023
|31st Oct 2023||390 US Dollars||460 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||15th Dec 2023||215 US Dollars||
270 US Dollars
16th Dec 2023
|3rd Jan 2024||250 US Dollars||
320 US Dollars
* Children sharing a room with an adult: 0-3 years free
* Children sharing a room with one adult, will be charged a single room rate plus a children’s rate
* Children under 12 years having exclusive use of the room will be charged 75% of the above rates
* Children 2 years and below stay for free while 3 years-14 years pay 50% of the adult rate per night
Mara Simba Lodge Extras
* Picnic lunch 25 US Dollars per Person
* Exclusive use of a vehicle for the day 350 US Dollars
* Sundowner without drinks – 25 US Dollars per Person
* Bush breakfast (Min 6 Guests) 35 US Dollars per Person
* Easter supplement (4 nights) – 30 US Dollars per Person
* Breakfast or lunch or dinner – 30 US Dollars per Person
* Supplement for tents per person – 60 US Dollars per Person
* Boma breakfast – minimum 6 guests – 35 US Dollars per Person
* Boma dinner or lunch – minimum 6 guests – 40 US Dollars per Person
* Bush dinner or lunch – minimum 6 guests – 50 US Dollars per Person
* Christmas supplement 24th December to 1st January – 50 US Dollars per Person
* Transfer to Keekorok airstrip from mara Simba (minimum 4 Guest) – 50 US Dollars per Person
Accommodation Rates Exclude:
* Park Fees
* Game drive
* Alcoholic drinks
* Gratuities/ Tips
* Domestic Flights
* Excursions from the camp
* Medical/ Travel insurance
* Items of a personal nature
* Transfer to and from the camp
* Medical evacuation and flying doctor insurance
Mara Simba Lodge Safari Packages
3 Day Fly-In Safari Package Mara Simba Lodge
Mara Simba Lodge flying in Safari from Nairobi takes you to Masai Mara to experience the once-in-a-lifetime dream of safari lovers. Masai Mara is the natural home to the “Big 5” game, and a safari to Kenya cannot be said to be complete without it. During the months of August to November, thousands of visitors get down to the Masai Mara to witness one of the most spectacular phenomena on earth. Stretching as far as the eye can see, a teeming mass of zebra, wildebeest, and topi, trailed by scavengers make their way into the Mara plains from the Serengeti, in what is known as the Great Migration. It is estimated that over two million animals take part in the journey. Mara Simba Lodge is highly recommended safari accommodation when planning for a Safari holiday in Kenya and it's best you set aside 3-5 days in order to fully appreciate your stay at the Mara. Mara Simba lodge sits overlooking a dramatic bend on the bank of the Talek River, a tributary of the Mara River, gently blending into the surrounding wilderness. The lodge stretches almost a kilometer along the river and the grounds on the bank remain in their virgin condition, while the landscaped gardens filled with indigenous trees at the back draw a great variety of birds and butterflies.
Booking & Reservations Mara Simba Lodge Contact
Mobile: + 254-721-242-711
Reservations: +254 718-179-967