Matondoni Village Half Day Trip Lamu Island | Trip to Matondoni village on Lamu Island | Lamu Excursions Matondoni | Matondoni Kipungani villages Tours | Activities in Lamu | Kipungani Village | Matondoni Village Tour | Shela Village | Day trips by boat to Matondoni Village | Lamu Dhow Trips
Matondoni village Lamu Island day tour is a day excursion to one of the 3 villages located on Lamu Island called Matondoni. The other 2 villages are Shela and Kipungani.
Matondoni, on the north west mangrove shore of Lamu Island is about 8 km’s from Lamu Town. The village has mud and thatched huts and a few hundred people. The best place to see dhows being built is the village of Matondoni.
Matondoni is famous for making some of the finest dhows in the world, but with the disappearance of the great dhows in the 60’s the only demand left was for the smaller fishing dhow and now they are being pushed aside for fiberglass speedboats.
Some day soon the dhows of East Africa may become a thing of the past.
To visit Matondoni village, you may opt to use a donkey, dhow, speed boat or walk (2 Hours). The village is famous for traditional handicrafts such as weavin
Matondoni Village Lamu Island Day Tour Prices
Matondoni Village Lamu Island Day Tour Rates Includes:
Type of Transportation: Dhow Sailing Boat + Visit to the dhow-making village of Matondoni + Round trip transport from Lamu Island to Matondoni village & Beach Walking, swimming, exploring Matondoni village, dhow sailing
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 3 to 11 Years|
|1st January 2023||31st December 2023||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs daily and also private departures are available
Matondoni Village Lamu Island Day Tour Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Accommodation in Lamu
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver-guide
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the
* Personal expenses such travelling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary