Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills | Mbirikani Group Ranch Lodge | Ol Donyo Wuas | Ol Donyo Lodge Rates | Ol Donyo Wuas Lodge | Ol Donyo Safari Lodge | Chyulu Hills Accommodation | Chyulu Plains Lodges | Ol Donyo Wuas Safari Lodge | Ol Donyo Wuas Camp Chyulu Hills Luxury Safari Lodges | Ol Donyo Lodge Price | Ol Donyo Lodge Location | Chyulu Hills Hotels, Lodges and Camps
Ol Donyo Lodge lies in the foothills of the Chyulu Range on the Mbirikani Group Ranch, a 275,000-acre Maasai-owned ranch that is located between the Amboseli, Chyulu, Tsavo, and Kilimanjaro National Parks.
The Lodge nestles in the western foothills of the Chyulu range, overlooking Kilimanjaro with quintessential Africa in the foreground, flat-top acacia trees, and golden savannah. Ol Donyo Lodge is between Tsavo East and Amboseli National Parks approximately 4 hour drive from Nairobi.
Daily scheduled flights between Nairobi land at Ol Donyo airstrip which is a 30-minute drive from the lodge. The airstrip can also accommodate private aircraft.
There are 10 spacious suites in 6 distinct villas. All of the suites have a lounge area, a private verandah, indoor and outdoor showers a large bath, and a “star bed”. All of the suites have their own private pools. There is also Wi-fi available in each guest suite.
There is a private veranda and rooftop terrace that gives guests an intimate space to gaze at the stars or watch the plains. The villas are individually appointed with thatch, native wood, African art, and other organic materials. Out of the 10 suites, 8 suites have private pool plunges.
The lodge is designed so that each room has its own window ‘to the soul of East Africa: looking out over the plunge pool, over the rolling plains, and to Mount Kilimanjaro… All six suites plus 1 two-bedroom family unit have stunning star beds, where you can sleep out under the canopy of stars and listen to the hyenas and lions moving around.
The 4-bed private villas are excellent options for families and small groups who prefer that extra privacy. Guests can have a private chef prepares delectable meals to fuel their high-energy trip in the Chyulu Hills.
The onsite restaurant serves local and international cuisines and guests can enjoy their mills in the dining area or outdoors under the acacia tree. There is an outdoor pool for relaxing in the afternoons. The lodge’s main lounge is complete with a grand stone fireplace, a small library, an open bar, and an expansive verandah where guests rendezvous with new friends.
Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills activities include; day game drives, guided bush walks, bush breakfasts and dinners, night drives, hiking, horse riding, mountain biking, and room massages. Guests can also enjoy animal tracking, fly camping, conservation, community outreach programs, wildlife viewing in an open-air, hide, and sleepouts on private “star beds”.
Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills Accommodation Prices Per Night Includes:
Full board accommodation + Soft drinks, Beer, House Wine, Non-Premium Wines, and Laundry + Shared Game Drives – day and Night + Local Airstrip Transfers and Conservancy Fee + Shared game drives + Guided Walks + Mountain Biking & Horse Rides
Standard Pool Suites
|Dates From||Dates To||Single Room
2-Bedroom Sambu Suite
11th Jan 2023
|31st Mar 2023||1,400 US Dollars||1,900 US Dollars||470 US Dollars||3,300 US Dollars|
|1st Apr 2023||24th May 2023||Closed||Closed||Closed||
25th May 2023
|31st Oct 2023||2,400 US Dollars||3,200 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||4,800 US Dollars|
|1st Nov 2023||19th Dec 2023||1,500 US Dollars||2,000 US Dollars||490 US Dollars||
2,950 US Dollars
20th Dec 2023
|10th Jan 2024||2,400 US Dollars||3,200 US Dollars||800 US Dollars||
4,800 US Dollars
* Minimum age is 5 years
* Exclusive of Nairobi air transfers
* Maasai cultural visits – 20 US Dollars paid directly to Maasai
* 9-Day Kenya Fly-in Safari Chyulu Hills & Masai Mara | Click Here
* Day trips to Amboseli National Park, scenic air flights, and spa services
* Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community levy – 50 US Dollars per person per night
* Children 16 and older pay the applicable adult rates and will be accommodated in a separate suite
* Sambu Suite Rate is calculated on a per Suite basis sleeping a maximum of 4 guests sharing regardless of age
* Child rates are applicable for up to two children aged 15 and younger sharing with two adults in the Sambu suite
* Each guest room includes one pair of binoculars and a professional camera body and lens kit for complimentary use
* Child rates are applicable for up to one child 15 and younger sharing with two adults in an applicable standard and deluxe pool suite
* Late check-outs are subject to availability and additional cost. Check-out time remains 8:30 am and guests may use public areas until departure
Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills Activities:
* Kite flying on the plains
* African landscape painting
* Bike riding across the plains
* Animal tracking in the Chyulu Hills
* Ceremonial high-jumping with the Maasai
* Bush survival-skills training and application
* Traditional Maasai beading and jewelry making in a nearby village
Ol Donyo Lodge Chyulu Hills Features
* Outdoor campfire
* Free Wi-fi in the library
* In-room massage services
* Stunning indoor and outdoor dining areas
* Library and adjoining office with computer
* Curio shop with a selection of local arts and crafts
* Log-pile hide viewing perch alongside animal watering hole
* A range of activities designed for families traveling with children
* Lounge areas surrounding a large stone fireplace and open-air bar
* Expansive veranda at the main lodge and private verandas in each suite
* Large infinity pool at the main lodge and private plunge pools at each bungalow
* Eight thatch-roof suites with sweeping views over the African savanna to Mount Kilimanjaro
4 Days 3 Night Ol Donyo Lodge (Chyulu Hills) Fly-in Safari
4 Days 3 Night Ol Donyo Lodge (Chyulu Hills) Fly-in Safari from Nairobi
4 Days 3 Night Ol Donyo Lodge (Chyulu Hills) Fly-in Safari from Nairobi is a luxury fly-in holiday to Mbirikani conservancy on the slopes of the Chyulu Hills National Park. Nairobi to Chyulu Hills Airstrip takes an 1 hour followed by a 30-minute transfer to the lodge. Activities include game drives, bush walks, bush meals, hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking and wildlife viewing in an open air hide near waterholes. Our 4 day fly-in safari includes return flights Nairobi, (Wilson – Chyulu Hills – Wilson), conservancy fees, Chyulu airstrip transfers, 3 nights full board accommodation, game drives in 4x4 vehicle, guided walks, mountain biking & horse rides.