Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages Laikipia | Safari Cottages Ol Pejeta Conservancy | Ol Pejeta Luxury Cottages | OlPejeta Conservancy | Self Catering Accommodation in Ol Pejeta | Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages | Ol Pejeta Accommodation | Ol Pejeta Self Catering Cottages | Ol Pejeta Cottages | Ol Pejeta Conservancy Self Catering Accommodation | Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages Rates | Ol Pejeta Safari Camp | Ol Pejeta Conservancy Safari
Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages are 4 spacious, luxury private safari cottages located in the heart of Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia. The cottages are tucked away along a beautiful, acacia studded river line about 226 km from Nairobi while Nanyuki town is located about 30 km away.
Transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3.5 hours. Scheduled flight from Nairobi land in Nanyuki airstrip, which is a 45-minute drive away from the conservancy.
Ol Pejeta Conservancy is home to the Big 5 (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino – black, southern white, and northern white), as well as cheetah and wild dog. There are endangered Grévy’s zebra and Jackson’s hartebeest in the 283-hectare Endangered Species Enclosure, which is also where the last northern white rhinos live.
The cottages comprise of 4 cottages (Moja Juu & Moja Chini Cottage, Mbili cottage, and Tatu cottage) accommodating a total of 12 guests comfortably.
Moju Juu and Moja Chini Cottages are 2 single-bedroom cottages. Each cottage has an en-suite bedroom with a private lounge/ dining room and a shared kitchen. It is ideal for couples who want a private bush escape or small families who want to share a room with a young child.
Mbili Cottage is a 2-bedroom cottage built largely of recycled wood from the ranch house that once stood here. With an open plan living and dining room warmed by a roaring fire. The bedrooms are both en-suite and sleep two comfortably, or three in a triple room.
Tatu Cottage is a replica of Mbili Cottage and the two can comfortably be used by groups of 8 or 12 as they are within walking distance of each other, but the thick bushes between them ensure privacy when it is required.
The long verandah looks out to the river and plains beyond and is an ideal place to relax in the afternoons with a cup of steaming Kenyan tea. There are two bedrooms, both en-suite with a spacious living room and dining area warmed by an open fire.
All cottages have their own dedicated kitchen and chef making them ideal for self-catering groups or those who just like that extra touch of exclusivity. They all come with a private guide and vehicle and a dedicated waiter and room attendant. Meals are catered to your tastes and standards exactly, and activities are done on your own schedule.
In the cottages, you will find an eco-friendly power system to charge your devices, hot and cold running water in the showers and washbasins, a collection of all-natural bath products, soft bath towels, and comfy robes.
There is communal dining on a purpose-built platform overlooking the camp’s waterhole and salt lick. Guests can enjoy drinks as they watch animals in the waterhole and salt lick.
Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages Laikipia activities include bush meals, day game drives, bush walks, bird walks, night game drives, picnics, lion tracking, and Equator line bush breakfast.
Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages Laikipia Accommodation Prices
Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages Laikipia Accommodation Self Catering Rates Per Night include
Transfers to and from Nanyuki or Kamok Airstrip + Private game viewing vehicle and guide + All meals, picnics, bar with soft drinks, fruit juices, local beers, spirits and wines, tea and coffee + Bush breakfast/ brunch + Sundowners + Night drives + Bushwalks + Bed-night fees + Laundry + Private chef + waiter & Leaning staff
|Dates To||Single Room
11th Jan 2022
|30th Jun 2022||470 US Dollars||910 US Dollars||1,235 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2022||31st Oct 2022||550 US Dollars||1,080 US Dollars||
1,620 US Dollars
1st Nov 2022
|15th Dec 2022||460 US Dollars||910 US Dollars||1,236 US Dollars|
|16th Dec 2022||10th Jan 2023||550 US Dollars||1,080 US Dollars||
1,620 US Dollars
* Plug sockets are square three-pin (British)
* Check-in is any time after 1200 and check-out by 1030 am
* Hot water is supplied by an eco-boiler located behind each cottage and is available 24 hours a day
* During the day it is safe to walk around by yourself, at night if you need to walk around there are night guards to assist you
* Electricity for charging devices is available 24 hours and solar. It cannot handle large loads i.e. no hairdryers or hair straighteners
* The whole property is fenced with a two-strand electric fence. The fence is specially designed to keep out buffalo but smaller non-dangerous animals do pass-through
* There is no WI-FI in the cottages but there is reasonable mobile phone reception in most areas. We supply a portable hotspot to give access to basic internet services if needed
Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages Laikipia Accommodation Excludes
* Ol Pejeta Conservation fees
* Transfers to/ from other areas
* Gratuities and personal expense
* Day trips to Aberdares National Park, Samburu National Reserve, and Mt Kenya National Park
* Activities offered by Ol Pejeta at an extra charge include lion tracking, visits to the endangered species boma, and horse riding
Ol Pejeta Conservancy Activities
– Bush Walks: these usually depart around 0630 and last around 2 hours, often combined with a picnic breakfast in the bush
– Bush Breakfasts: a full English breakfast set up in the bush. Usually undertaken as part of a morning game drive or bush walk
– Game Drives: taken at leisure with a private vehicle and guide, leaving early around 6.30 am with a picnic breakfast and returning at around midday. Then departing again after tea at 4.30pm with a sundowner and coming back with a spotlight for a night drive
– Night Drives: you can either extend your afternoon drive and arrive to a late dinner, or depart after an early dinner for your night drive. Spotlights are red-filtered and non-intrusive to wildlife
– Equator Sundowner: sundowner directly on the equator line – have one foot in the Northern hemisphere and another in the Southern hemisphere. Usually undertaken as part of an afternoon game drive.
– Ol Pejeta specialist activities: visit to the Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Sanctuary (note this is a sanctuary and these are rescued chimps; it is an educational experience and there is no interaction allowed) and the Rhino centre