Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Porini Rhino Camp is an award-winning classic luxury tented eco-camp located within Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a vast 90000-acre wildlife area between the Aberdares and the majestic Mount Kenya. The camp is located an hour’s drive from Nanyuki, 215 km from Nairobi, and driving time takes about 4 hours.
Scheduled flight from Nairobi land at the Nanyuki airstrip, which is a 45-minute drive away from the conservancy. It is also possible to charter a flight from any other park to Ol Pejeta’s airstrip which is 10 minutes away from the camp (currently only open to charter flights).
Ol Pejeta conservancy is home to a variety of animals including the “Big Five”. It is the largest sanctuary in East Africa for the endangered Black Rhino and is also a sanctuary for rescued chimpanzees.
Porini Rhino Camp has 8 spacious and comfortable guest tents, each tastefully furnished and has a vinyl floor spread with rugs, a work desk, and a luggage stand. Each tent is tastefully furnished and has solar-power lighting an ensuite hot shower and a flush toilet.
The camp is specially designed to have a minimum environmental impact (with no permanent structures and using eco-friendly fuel). There is a central area consisting of the main mess tent, with a dining table for communal meals and chunky wooden-framed seating.
In front of the main tent is a veranda with seating set out around coffee tables and a small campfire, where guests enjoy a drink before dinner.
The safari camp is fully inclusive of meals, drinks (gin & tonics, beer, wine, sodas, and mineral water) as well as day and night shared game drives, escorted walks, sundowners, a visit to Rhino Information Centre, and a visit to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary.
The Conservancy ensures excellent game-viewing and safari game drives – with “proper” open-sided, off-road (4×4) safari vehicles and expert safari guides.
Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Conservancy activities include: day game drives, escorted bush walks, spear-throwing, lion tracking, sundowner, and night game drives. Guests can also enjoy visits to the Rhino Sanctuary Area, the Chimpanzee Sanctuary, the endangered Species Boma, Lion Tracking, Riding with Rhinos, and Junior Rangers.
Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Conservancy Non-Resident Accommodation Prices
Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Conservancy Non-Resident Accommodation Rates Per Night Include
Full board accommodation + Soft drinks, beer, house wine, gin & tonic, mineral water + Day & night shared game drives + Sundowners + Local conservancy airstrip transfers + visit to Chimpanzee Sanctuary & 16% Value added tax
|Dates To||Per Person Sharing||Double Room
20th Dec 2023
|2nd Jan 2024||880 US Dollars||1,760 US Dollars||175 US Dollars|
|3rd Jan 2024||31st Mar 2024||530 US Dollars||1,060 US Dollars||
155 US Dollars
1st Apr 2024
|30th Jun 2024||470 US Dollars||940 US Dollars||155 US Dollars|
|1st Jul 2024||21st Jul 2024||820 US Dollars||1,640 US Dollars||
170 US Dollars
22nd Jul 2024
|30th Sep 2024||910 US Dollars||1,820 US Dollars||180 US Dollars|
|1st Oct 2024||31st Oct 2024||800 US Dollars||1,600 US Dollars||
165 US Dollars
1st Nov 2024
|19th Dec 2024||470 US Dollars||940 US Dollars||
155 US Dollars
* Our child age is between 8 to 16 years
* The camp is not suitable for children under 8 years of age
* Free airstrip transfers from Nanyuki Airstrip & Kamok Airstrip
* 3-Day Kenya Fly-in Safari Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Conservancy Package | Click Here
* 1 child pays 60% of per person sharing rates when sharing with 1 adult but the 1 adult pays the full single tent rate
* Christmas & New Year supplement 24/25/26/31 December & 01 January 50 US Dollars per person per night
* 2 children in own tent pay 75% of per person sharing rates each, 3rd child in the same tent pays 75% of per person sharing rate
* Each tent has 1 double bed & 1 single bed so 3 adults can be accommodated. 3rd adult pays the same per-person sharing rates
* 1 child pays 60% of per person sharing rates when sharing with 2 adults in 1 tent & the 2 adults pay per person sharing rates each
* Rates are per person sharing in twin or double tent – per night; a Single supplement is added for a single person occupying a double tent
* There is 1 family unit comprising 2 en-suite tents with an interconnecting lounge. The family unit is booked as 2 individual tents therefore children taking up one of the tents are charged 75% of the per-person sharing rates
Porini Rhino Camp Ol Pejeta Conservancy Accommodation Does not Include;
* Laundry services
* Tips and gratuities
* All items of personal nature
* Any other item(s) not included or mentioned
* Regional and international flights plus taxes and visa fees
* Exclusive use of the vehicle at 450 US Dollars per vehicle per day inclusive of 16% Value Added Tax
* Late departure after the normal 10.00 am check out will be charged 180 US Dollars per person minimum 2 Guests inclusive of 16% VAT + lunch drinks and activities before departure in the afternoon